PDA

View Full Version : Shoring up an epic Warlock//Warblade

Kazyan
2013-03-16, 09:01 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on how to survive epic levels with a large ham, and I've got 60k left to spend. The full build is here (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=534005). It's rather straightforward if you grok dipping: Warlock//Warblade, with DFI, 3 levels of bard on the Warblade side for Song of the White Raven, an LST Barbarian dip, a Chameleon dip, and a Mindbender dip.

Because the build is epic, there's Eldritch Sculptor when Chameleon is not needed for other things. Eldritch Glaive can thus be invoked twice with a full attack action: great for making pounce work and basically doubling damage. There's Shadowmaster, too--it's not exactly 9th-level spells, but it's awesome nonetheless for stuff like infinite summoning, hordes of unseen servants, Mage's Magnificent Mansion (depending on how Shadowmaster's immunity works; might not let me in), Freezing Fog, walls of iron, and Ice Castle. These epic feats' requirements are why most of my invocations suck.

I have a DM-approved homebrew feat that treats single-target blast shapes as weapons, so I can use Power Attack and DFI on the Eldritch Glaive. Most [Strike] maneuvers require finagling, but Time Stands Still allows me, like, 16 attacks. This is also why I have a triplicated Mantle of Second Chances built into one item, because we use critical fumble rules. No, I'm not going to quit the group, before everyone brings that up; I'll just not use them when I DM and hope it catches on.

Qualus has some basic immunities listed in Condition and Effects, plus a selection of reactive panic buttons and assorted tools--shapesand can wildcard for missing mundanities.

His familiar typically slings two wands, one of which is Dimension Step--there's a readied action in place every combat round to pull people out of trouble if they shout a codeword--and the other is Energy Surge, for buffing a fellow Warblade's weapon with a swift action. The familiar is usually in the form of a pixie via Psychoactive Skin of the Proteus, but also functions as the party rogue when it turns into an owl. It sounds odd for an optimized polymorph form, but Hide +48, Move Silently +37, and plausible deniability are neat.

The saves are low, but Diamond Mind + Ring of Undersong + maxed Perform (Dance) doesn't care. Also, our group loves the custom item rules, so the custom items should fly without problems.

Tomb Tainted Soul is because we'll have an inflict-loving Duskblade//Cleric, with a slightly-homebrewed prestige class that is Radiant Servant of Pelor with the battery in backwards.

So. Anything I missed?

Daftendirekt
2013-03-16, 09:25 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on how to survive epic levels with a large ham

I'm sorry, I'm just stuck on this part... :smallconfused:

Kazyan
2013-03-16, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just stuck on this part... :smallconfused:

Summary of character's personality. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LargeHam) Bit of poor editing on my part.