PDA

View Full Version : Metamorphosis living spell caster level question

AthasianWarlock
2013-03-16, 09:22 PM
As a psion I can metamorphosis into a living spell, but as for the spell it has hd as the caster, if the caster was a level 10 ur priest does this means I could turn into say a 9hd apocalypse from the sky?

mattie_p
2013-03-16, 10:22 PM
As a psion I can metamorphosis into a living spell, but as for the spell it has hd as the caster, if the caster was a level 10 ur priest does this means I could turn into say a 9hd apocalypse from the sky?

It has HD equivalent to the caster level of the caster. Ur-priest has a caster level equal to the "character’s ur-priest levels to one-half of his levels in other spellcasting classes (not including ex-cleric levels)." The simplest entry into ur-priest is Savage Bard 5, meaning the Ur-Priest caster level (in this instance, assuming Ur-Priest 10, per your example) is 12. There are other ways into ur-priest, many of which involve no spellcasting at all in base classes. Your DM should determine if Ur-priest is available within your campaign world, and if this is feasible. (Hint, probably not).

AthasianWarlock
2013-03-17, 12:48 AM
He said I could take the class, so I am assuming it is. That said he banned hydras because me and the druid were turning into them and slaughtering encounters with the fighters just twiddling their thumbs.

TuggyNE
2013-03-17, 02:47 AM
He said I could take the class, so I am assuming it is. That said he banned hydras because me and the druid were turning into them and slaughtering encounters with the fighters just twiddling their thumbs.

In that case, turning into a living spell will get banned as well; it's a lot cheesier. Don't bother upsetting your DM pointlessly.

Fouredged Sword
2013-03-18, 06:42 AM
Yes, I think it is rules legal.

No you won't because your DM is sane and won't let that near his game with an 11ft pole.

Vaz
2013-03-18, 09:14 AM
Unless stated otherwise, Metamorphosis cannot choose a creature with a template. Now a living spell is a bit superspecial snowflake, but realistically, your DM is going to say 'no'.

Amnestic
2013-03-18, 09:27 AM

If he banned hydra shapeshift because you were slaughtering encounters, why would you think that Metamorphosing into a Living Spell Apocalypse from the Sky would be okay? :smallconfused: