PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy Stories: "Rain of Bacon deals 1d3 damage each round to 2d6 square miles"

Arcanist
2013-03-16, 10:24 PM
We've all done it before; thought up a really epic character concept that is just hilarious on paper, but never makes it to real play because the game doesn't allow for it...

THAT IS WHY WE REFLUFF THINGS TO MAKE THEM 10 TIMES MORE EPIC!!!

Refluffing is generally acceptable because they don't interfere with game mechanics and don't alter the game enough to seriously impact it. Like making your Fireballs colored green or steam instead of fire...

The title is a reference to a time when I got the idea to cast Evil Weather and make it rain frogs or fish... I thought that was lame so instead I made it rain Bacon so people were getting pelted with Bacon and dying...

So share your tales of fluff awesomeness to meat your demands :smallcool:

Jeff the Green
2013-03-16, 10:45 PM
I was playing a dryad cleric archer with a climb speed. She'd use either a spider kit or girallon's blessing to cling to a tree or dungeon's ceiling while she peppered the enemy with arrows. I refluffed the kit as growing vines covered in velcro and the spell as growing two branches from her back.

More recently, I've got an illumian who was killed by Lady Vol after he tried to blackmail her (long story). While he was dead, his entire cabal was wiped out by the Emerald Claw except for his dad, who was cursed and gradually becoming undead. His dad really wanted revenge, and so tried to true resurrect my character, but the spell was twisted by the curse, and not did a little bit of Dolurrh come back with my character's soul, his heart didn't start beating. My character rejected his plan (he was a very abusive parent) and he eventually became a moarg. My character's alive (sort of), just with no heart beat or a lot of other bodily functions. Mechanically, he's a dark evolved necropolitan unseelie fay illumian.