PDA

View Full Version : Necklace of Natural Weapons

Mirakk
2013-03-16, 11:55 PM
Okay, so this is some serious cheese, but I'm looking at this item and if one applied the Sizing property from the Magic Item Compendium this could quickly get out of hand, yes? Normal weapons have some restrictions on how large you can wield them, but a creature is always proficient with its natural weapons, so you could just make colossal bite/claw attacks.

Sizing allows you to choose any size for your weapon when you activate it as a swift action. There's no duration listed.

Cost for the amulet is 600+enhancement costxnumber of natural weapons effected.

So we have..

600gp+5,000gp (sizing)x3=16,800GP to pull off a feat like this using a bite and two claw attacks.

Using a Colossal True Dragon as a template here, that's a bite for 4D8, and 2 claws for 4D6.

No sane DM would allow it, but I'm looking at this purely as a thought exercise. Am I missing anything?

Kazyan
2013-03-16, 11:59 PM
It would be a fun way to emulate Mario's moves from Super Smash Bros., but if a weapon isn't sized properly, you run into problems with the rules. This includes natural weapons.

Carth
2013-03-17, 12:24 AM
I always enjoyed this also for the idea that you could throw your own body parts. They wouldn't literally detach presumably, it would just make you like Dhalsim (sp?) from Street Fighter.

Namfuak
2013-03-17, 12:44 AM
You haven't mentioned the most fun use, which would be as a monk (since you use your entire body as an unarmed strike, so grow to colossal size and still be treated as a medium creature). Of course, there is not really a consensus as to how all of this works - from a rules standpoint, weapon size penalties aren't the same as proficiency, and I think natural weapons are usually considered light, so you could only bring them up 2 sizes before you couldn't wield them anymore (how you would two-hand a natural weapon is beyond me, although it could be good for natural weapons and taking advantage of power attack).