PDA

View Full Version : [SW] The Thousand Isles

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-17, 05:25 AM
http://images.g4tv.com/rimg_606x0/ImageDb3/234819_l/pirates-of-the-caribbean-armada-of-the-damned-concept-art.jpg
Rosale, a bustling mid-sized port on the free island of Anaru.

The port is a hive of activity. Sailors load cargo onto ships, merchants tout their wares, and passengers wait for hearths to become available. Wagons and carriages crowd the roads, carrying goods and people to and from the docks. The crowd is predominantly masaquani, their skin and hair almost as colourful as the dyed cottons and silks of their garb. Humans of all nations are spread out among the portside, drinking warm cane-rum in dull-coloured clothing.

As you go about your business, a carriage stops and a lone passenger, an attractive young masaquani lady of no more than twenty years, climbs down. Although wrapped in a traveling cloak, her demeanour shows that she is out of place in the portside dockyards.

Whatever her reasons for being amid the bustle and activity of the docks, she quickly attracts attention. A small group of rough-looking masaquani rushes out of an alley, and one of them grabs her arm. She begins to scream for help, but a gloved hand is slapped over her mouth, and the brigands begin to drag her back into the alley.

Skills Alchemy d8, Climbing d4, Fighting d8, Healing d8, Notice d4, Swimming d6+2, Throwing d4
Edges Alchemist, Natural Swimmer
Hindrances Highlander, Landlubber, Outsider
Powers Stun, Healing, Succor
Inventory spear (STR+d6), dagger (STR+d4), throwing axes x3 (STR+d6), leather armour, alchemist's pouch (Stun x1, Heal x1), medical bag (tweezers, small sharp knives, & a small bottle of alcohol), satchel
Grates "Deckhand" (Novice - XP 2)
Agility d8 Smarts d4 Spirit d6 Strength d8 Vigor d6
Charisma 0 Pace 6'' Parry 8 Toughness 6 Bennies 3
Skills Boating d6, Climbing d10, Fighting d8, Knowledge (Masaquani Culture) d6, Notice d4, Stealth d4, Swimming d6, Throwing d4
Edges Acrobat, Rope Monkey
Hindrances Overconfident, Illiterate, One Hand
Inventory 8 silvers, rapier (STR+d4), prosthetic hook (STR+d4), throwing knives x5 (STR+d4), leather armour, bottle of grog x2, grappling hook & line x2, waterskin x2, whistle, whetstone, flint & steel, provisions x3, leather satchel

So, for future reference, I'll regularly be making little OOC notes on the nature of the world, so you guys have a better idea of what I'm picturing.

Masaquani - The most predominant race of the Thousand Isles. Near-human in appearance, with vibrantly coloured skin and hair, and often temporary or permanent facial tattoos applied with pigments to show family/provincial pride. More physically variable than humans. Culturally something like the Romans mixed with ancient Greek sailor culture and a good dash of Maori.
A typical masaquani noble-woman. (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110923175834/starwars/images/thumb/b/b7/RiyoChuchi-SoI.jpg/250px-RiyoChuchi-SoI.jpg)

Humans - A slightly rarer inhabitant of the Thousand Isles. After the Flood, they segregated themselves by race and generally keep to themselves, though many have detached to the sailor lifestyle. Seen by other races as xenophobic but talented.

Also I imagine horses in the Thousand Isles to look a bit more primitive than your standard horse. Something like this, I imagine. (http://www.revealingthelink.com/img/contemporaries/contemporaries_1.jpg) Just for flavour, really.

Systole
2013-03-17, 03:12 PM
Ivru walks through the marketplace with a curious eye. Many races, many languages ... all unfamiliar. He stops by an herbalist's stall and examines a stalk of dried hanging flowers. The vendor immediately begins extolling the 'healing powers' virtues of 'northern whiteweed,' obviously hoping for a sale from the obviously gullible tribesman.

Instead, the merchant is taken aback by the dark-skinned human's indignation. "Do not talk to me so! This is no northern whiteweed. Whiteweed has seven petals. This is Taki's loop. And neither one is meant for healing. You are a fool or else a charlatan, sir! I bid you goodbye."

Ivru walks off, with the merchant shouting imprecations about his mother behind him. Already irritated, the tribesman sees the street toughs assault the woman and his temper snaps. "This is no thing to do to a female! Leave at once and I will spare you my wrath!" he snarls, advancing on the melee, spear in one hand and a tightly-wrapped packet in the other.

Ivru will draw a stun bomb and his spear.

As I'm new to this system, I've little idea what I'm doing. So if I don't roll when I should (I'm not sure if this is an intimidate, for example), please just roll for me, and explain to me what I should have done. I learn pretty quick, and I don't care who talks to the Random Number Generator.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-17, 03:46 PM
Good to know, thanks. If you wanted to try to intimidate the thugs you certainly could, though your character isn't skilled at it. Since he doesn't have the skill, you would roll 1d4-2, and you still get your wild die of 1d6, though it's also subject to the penalty of -2.

Trying to intimidate the thugs would be an opposed roll, so they'd roll Spirit to resist, and whoever got more successes would win.

Also the spear is technically a two-handed weapon, but I also feel like you have quick-access to your alchemy pouch and it's not necessary to draw the bombs/vials/pouches beforehand. Really like the herb names you used already.

Systole
2013-03-17, 04:02 PM
So let me run through what I think are Ivru's choices:
1. He can Intimidate by rolling 1d4-2 (intimidate with Outsider penalty) and 1d6-2 (Wild Card with Outsider penalty). There's no down side to screwing up this roll, except that he's blown initiative.
2. He can just lob a Stub bomb at them ... which would be Throwing at 1d4? Is this a surprise round, or would he need to roll for combat initiative?

I'm inclined to go with #1. Just because Ivru is terrible at Intimidating these guys ... that doesn't mean he understands that he's terrible at Intimidating these guys.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-17, 04:10 PM
The Outsider penalty wouldn't apply to intimidating, at least not in this situation. The -2 is the unskilled penalty, since you don't have the skill 'Intimidate'. So you could roll 1d4, 1d6, take the better of the two and -2 from it.

And yup, throwing at 1d4, though again you always get your wild die of 1d6, and in this system dice explode, so rolling the max on any die (a 4 on a d4, a 6 on a d6, etc...) means you get to roll again. That means even d4-2 has a chance to be successful.

Alternatively if you want to get real close and just kind of lob the bomb at them from a very close range, I'll count that as a touch attack, which would be a Fighting+2 roll.

If you did attack, this would be a surprise round, but I would give all the pirates the chance to make Notice rolls to react.

Systole
2013-03-17, 05:48 PM
Ivru's Intimidate attempt went about as well as expected: Intimidate on thugs (1d4.extra(4)-2=1, 1d6.extra(6)-2=1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3977410/)

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-17, 06:56 PM
Only one of the thugs even hears you yell, and his only retort is a crooked chuckle.

Just waiting for Tiny to post, and then I'll advance. I'll always wait for a response for around 24ish hours, give or take a few, and then I'll advance the plot regardless. Hopefully no one minds that. Also, how do you two feel about making rolls? Sometimes it's just faster to have the rolls done for you. Systole, I believe you already said you're ok with rolls being made for you when necessary?

Tiny
2013-03-18, 07:00 AM
Grates exits one of the many bars that riddle the docks.
This particular Bar. "Skulls and Flagons", has a well earned reputation of less watered down grog then most. Whistling merrily as he navigates the crowd, bottle swinging by the ear from his hooked right hand.

Feeling a little bit tipsy he spontanusly bursts out in song. "Yo ho ho! And flagon of grog! Trim the sail and hoist the old co.."

He is cut short by some commotion in a nearby ally. A strange man is apparently trying to stop some street thugs from making away with his woman. "Hold it right there lads! There are plenty of women to go around these docks even for your pay grade. There is no need to make a grab for another man's girl!

He takes a swig from the bottle as he loosens the rapier from it's scabbard with a fluid motion that belies his old age. "Bugger of before an old man have to give you a sharp lesson in the finer points of carousing!"

Sorry for the late post. I had no reliable internet last night. You could make my rolls as well when you feel it's necessary. (Grates only herd the last of Ivru's shouts.) Yep, that's a try at some small intimidation.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-18, 12:53 PM
No worries. Alright, so again that's a unskilled check.

[roll0], [roll1] vs. [roll2]

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-18, 01:14 PM
By the time Grates has shouted, the thugs are fully into the alley, and they don't even hear him. The girl is putting up a vicious fight, but with her limbs restrained she can hardly do anything.

There are three masaquani, all a dull green and covered in grease and dirt. They have the hard look of working men about them, either dark-hearted sailors or pirates.

Treating this as a surprise round, so I'll roll Notice for all three enemies. Those who make the roll get to react this round.

[roll0], [roll1]

4 would be a success, so no one made their notice roll. Hooray!

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-18, 01:20 PM
Distracted by their struggling victim, the three thugs don't react to the armed men racing towards them.

Initiative in SW in done by drawing cards from a deck, which I'll do. Don't worry about following initiative order too closely though, I find that it tends to bog things down in play-by-posts. Posting order will supersede initiative order.

Also, you guys should brush up on the 'Bennies' section in the rulebook. Useful knowledge, and I'll give more out for particularly cinematic actions or anything of the sort.

So, initiative order, descending...

Ivru - K♣
Grates - 10♥

Tiny
2013-03-18, 05:24 PM
Grates rushes forward and uses his hook in a sweeping motion directed toward the legs of the closest thug. Attempting to pull him down on the ground and skewer him with the rapier as he falls. "I thought I told you to leave her alone! I won't let you of the hook easy now!"

Using the hook to try and trip as a trick with the acrobat bonus if that's allowed, then he attempts to stab him through the chest with the rapier. How does the wild die work?
Trick:[roll0] +2 Wild die(?):[roll1] Attack:[roll2] Wild die(?):[roll3] Damage (If hit): [roll4] +1

Systole
2013-03-18, 07:18 PM
Advancing on the melee, he throws a stunning mixture directly into the face of one man, and readies his spear to combat another.

Using the touch attack on one of the guys. Touch attack stun (1d8.open(8)+2=9, 1d6.open(6)+2=7) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3979433/)

Sorry, when I drew spear and bomb before, I was sort of working off Pathfinder rules. I wanted to have the spear in carried, not wielded, so that he could shift to a 2H grip as soon as he tossed the bomb.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-19, 02:31 PM
Making an opposed Agility roll for one of the thugs to resist your hook-tripping.

[roll0]

Generally you would just attempt the trick this round, and attack him on the next, since if you do both this round you incur a multiple-action penalty of -2 on both actions.

Systole, I've finding it a little hard to read your Invisible Castle rolls. I've been using that site for a while, but why do your rolls say .open? Does that mean that the +2 has been added already? Also, you only need to roll once, a d8+d6.

EDIT - Oh, I get it - is .open meaning, the best of the two rolls? Looks like the two is added at the end.

My apologies if I sound a little mechanical to you guys, I'm not really a stickler for the rules, I'm just laying out whats happening since you guys are new to the mechanics.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-19, 02:47 PM
The old man is surprisingly limber and catches the nearest thug's ankle in his hook, tripping him and stabbing as he falls, though the rapier's thin blade only succeeds in tearing the thug's leather vest.

The dark-skinned man doesn't miss a beat, and unleashes a small pouch of curious powder at the group. It spreads in a thick cloud in the narrow alley, and all three thugs, including the captured girl, begin furiously coughing.

Tiny, that was a terrible pun. +1 benny to you.

Mechanical breakdown, for your understanding.

Posting order superseded initiative.

Grates tried for an agility Trick, rolling 1d8, 1d6, +2 from Acrobat, -2 from the multi-action penalty. It was an opposed roll to the thug's 5, so it's successful and the thug has a -2 penalty to his parry until his next action.

Grates tries to stab the thug. Rolling 1d8, 1d6 he gets a 4, which is a hit because of the thug's decreased parry. Unfortunately he didn't do enough damage to penetrate the thug's toughness.

Ivru goes for a touch attack, rolling 1d8, 1d6, +2 because it's a touch attack. It's successful with a raise, because I based it off the parry from the thug that Grates tripped.

Now all affected roll Vigor-2 or be Shaken. Not gonna roll for the girl because as far as I'm concerned she's a noncombatant.

[roll0]

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-19, 02:48 PM
Oops, need to roll one more d6. [roll0]

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-19, 02:49 PM
Son of a bitch. Posted too soon and the delay made the roll not work. [roll0]

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-19, 02:52 PM
Okay, none of the thugs made their Vigor roll. They're all Shaken.

Initiative time.

Grates - King of Hearts
Ivru - Ten of Clubs

Systole
2013-03-19, 05:04 PM
Systole, I've finding it a little hard to read your Invisible Castle rolls. I've been using that site for a while, but why do your rolls say .open? Does that mean that the +2 has been added already? Also, you only need to roll once, a d8+d6.

EDIT - Oh, I get it - is .open meaning, the best of the two rolls? Looks like the two is added at the end.

.open makes the dice explode. And yes, the modifiers are added in. If you scroll down, it explains how .open works. GITP dice roller kind of sucks in general, and it sucks real bad for exploding dice like Savage Worlds.

open – same as extra but roll extra dice until a die is not greater or equal to X (even the extra roll). 10d10.open(9) – roll extra dice until a die roll is not 9 or higher.

Here's a real test drive, using 1d2s so we get some rerolls, and +1000 so you can see it's added in:

1d2.open(2)+1000 → [1,1000] = (1001)
1d2.open(2)+1000 → [[2, 2, 1],1000] = (1005)
1d2.open(2)+1000 → [[2, 1],1000] = (1003)

Then the link looks like so: Test rolls for .open (1d2.open(2)+1000=1001, 1d2.open(2)+1000=1005, 1d2.open(2)+1000=1003) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3981006/)

Systole
2013-03-19, 05:15 PM
Ivru grabs the girl and pulls her out of the melee. "Stupid children! You will keep your hands in your pockets, or I will give you more where that came from, and you will like it less the second time. Leave while you can!"

Trying Intimidate again. Given that he's pulling the girl away and not attacking, I'm not sure whether this gets a multi-action penalty. (I've been reading the rules!) I'm assuming no.

Intimidate (again) (1d4.open(4)-2=1, 1d6.open(6)-2=3) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3981019/)

Tiny
2013-03-19, 05:22 PM
Grates takes advantage of the situation to make a savage thrusts at each of the thugs. Spinning like a hurricane of slender steel Grates delivers a series of lightning quick strikes with the fury of an angry sea. "It seems you all need some new blowholes! Well lads, three is a charm!"

Fight rolls:(1d8-4+2)[roll0],[roll1],[roll2]
Wild dice:(1d6-2)[roll3], [roll4],[roll5]

Damage rolls:(1d8+1+2) [roll6], [roll7],[roll8]

Wild dice:(1d6+3) [roll9], [roll10],[roll11]

Provided it's allowed to make a [Rapid Attack] in combination with a [Wild Attack]
as it says it could be used with multiple attacks. I hoped you didn't miss my terrible puns in the first post as well. :smallwink:

Tiny
2013-03-19, 05:43 PM
Lets spend that pun-benny to see if fortune smiles on old Grates. Does Grates and Ivru get any flanking bonus? And I'm sorry for the stabbing someone in the middle of conversation! Didn't refresh before I posted my attack, so Grates seems like a bit of a bastard right now.

Fight rolls:(1d8-4+2+1?)[roll0],[roll1],[roll2]
Wild dice:(1d6-2)[roll3], [roll4],[roll5]

Tiny
2013-03-19, 05:47 PM
And the Ace rolls: [roll0], [roll1]

Systole
2013-03-19, 05:50 PM
No worries by me. Ivru is a healer by nature, so he's going to ask for surrender first. Grates' Overconfidence probably means he's going to kick ass without taking names. It's all good. Although, Ivru might have some choice words for Grates afterwards.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-21, 01:41 AM
Ivru dashes into the melee, swirls of dust still settling in the alley. With one swift motion he grabs the dazed girl out of the biggest thug's arms, and retreats behind his sudden ally, the old deckhand.

Grates' nimble swordwork defies his age. A deep puncture wound puts the prone thug out of the picture, while another gets a nasty but superficial cut across his chest.

Ooh, .open is much more appealing than multiple-posting on this forum. Yeah, the dice roller here is pretty rigid. No multi-action penalty on intimidate, since it's a verbal thing.

Nice use of a benny. Two attacks got through, but only one damage roll got over the target's toughness. Since the target was shaken already, he takes a wound and is out of the fight.

And sorry, I slipped up here. Should've rolled initiative for the baddies as well, only instead of acting they'd just make their spirit roll to get unshaken. I'll roll for em now.

Only one makes the roll, and he does nothing but snarl at Ivru's theft of the girl, while wiping furiously at his eyes and coughing. The powder did a number on him. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3983790/)

Drawing initiative. Again, as always, posting order supersedes initiative.

Ace of Clubs - Grates
Six of Spades - Elder Thug
Five of Diamonds - Thug
Three of Clubs - Ivru

Tiny
2013-03-21, 01:15 PM
Pressing the advantage Grates unleashes a relentless assault on the biggest thug before he has a chance to grab the girl again. "You should have taken the advice and left when you had your chance. Too late now I'm afraid!"

I kind of liked the wild rapid attack combo so lets try it again! Attack: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3984224/ (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3984224/)

Damage: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3984235/

Tiny
2013-03-21, 01:16 PM
I think I managed to figure out how it worked!

Systole
2013-03-21, 06:20 PM
Releasing the girl, Ivru advances on the last remaining thug and drives the butt of the his spear into the man's gut. As the man doubles over, he brings the wooden haft of the spear cleanly across the man's temple, dropping him like a stone.

He snorts at the fallen thug. "With surgical precision," he says.

Ivru basically wants to deal nonlethal damage and knock him out. I assume this is a -2? Anyway, the dice were super kind to me on this roll, so I wrote the post as if it worked as intended.

Clubbing the thug with spear haft (1d8.open(8)-2=21, 1d6.open(6)-2=-1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3985011/)

Tiny: it helps if you copy the link in the BBCode section, because that actually posts the result of the rolls in the forum link.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-21, 11:27 PM
Grates' rapier flickers out again, a series of twirling thrusts. The biggest thug, a menacing figure with clay-hued dreadlocks, falls twisting on the ground.

The last thug, already about to flee, is put down with a brutal but nonlethal jab from the haft of Ivru's spear.

Not twenty feet away, beyond the darkness of the alley, the port of Rosale continues to go about its business, unaware or uncaring of the sudden burst of violence in the dockyard alleys.

The masaquani lady is quickly recovering consciousness, small hacking noises coming from her throat as she tries to clear the herbal dust out of her lungs. She is young and pretty by any standards, her skin the colour of lavender and her hair a brilliant rush of amaranth.

She looks up at her would-be saviors, and a rush of confusion and fear crosses her eyes.

Wow, we got some amazing rolls this time around. Good fight, +2 XP to you both!

Tiny, since Grates' first wild-rapid attack hit with a raise, he gets to roll a d6 to add to the damage, which I promptly did and got, which aced itself! - 1d6.open(6)=10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3985808/)

That being said, I realized two things. First of all, unlike most other rolls, you don't get to roll your wild die on the damage roll. And secondly, I realized that we've been rolling 1d8 on your damage rolls, when you should be rolling 1d6. The rapier's damage is STR+1, so Grates' strength is 1d6, +1 from the rapier, and in this instance, +2 more from the wild attack. Either way you got an amazing damage roll and everything's good.

Damn Systole, that's a gorgeous roll. Oh, acing.

EDIT - Also just realized that Ivru's spear should give him +1 to Parry. First post edited to reflect that.

Systole
2013-03-22, 07:48 AM
Ivru bows to the masquani. "I am sorry to have caught you with my magics, woman, but it seemed necessary for your continued good health. The feeling will wear off shortly, seeing as you are not dead ... unlike these two men, who are beyond the help of even my skills." He shoots a cool look at the blood-spattered, hook-handed maniac.

Tiny
2013-03-22, 09:10 AM
Oh! Sorry I missed to update my sheet completely the last time in the recruitment thread! This is the one I have been referring to. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=533287 Grates haven't used any of the skills that went from d6 to d4 yet but without the d8 strength he would have been encumbered. As I purchased all items while looking at the myth-weavers sheet.

Tiny
2013-03-22, 10:10 AM
Grates casually wipes his slender blade clean on the body of the large thug and sheathes it with a flurish.

"No need to thank me for helping to save your woman stranger I was on my..."

He then realizes something is amiss.

"Wait a second.. You two don't know each other? Ha! I never thought I would see the day when TWO strangers decided to help a lady in peril at the same time! Ha ha!

Grates retrieves a bottle from his satchel and raise it towards the man and the confused girl.

This is an occasion for a toast if there ever were one! To chance meetings and strange tides!

The old sailor raises the bottle to his lips and takes a sip. He then offers the bottle to the pair and nods towards the masaquani girl.

"It might be a bit on the fouler side.. But it will help steady your nerves and forget about this mess"

Gesturing towards the bodies on the ally floor with a sweeping motion.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-22, 11:15 AM
The wariness is slow to leave her face, but once it does, a resolute determinedness sets her features. She takes Ivru's hand and stands up, nodding her thanks and brushing her clothing off - a not-inexpensive silken masaquani fashion (think pirate gown meets sarong).

"A hundred thanks, kind sirs. Had you not come to my rescue, well, I shudder to think what fate may have befallen me."

Her manner of speaking speaks of high breeding, and she is obviously well-educated.

Systole
2013-03-22, 06:10 PM
Ivru takes the bottle and smells it warily. He winces at the odor and immediately offers it back the crazy one-handed man. "You know this is made from fermented boat-wrecks, yes? You can smell the pickled woodworm." He shakes his head. "It is no wonder why your humours are so unbalanced."

He nod in agreement with the masquani woman. "Yes, this is a bad place. I do not know why the spirits dreamt me here."

I am probably going to lose internet service for a few days for stupid reasons that are pretty much completely my fault. I'd explain, but it's complicated, embarrassing, and not particularly interesting. If I mysteriously disappear, just move on without me and I'll be back in a few days.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-23, 05:20 AM
The masaquani girl snatches the bottle out of Ivru's hand before he can pass it back to the one-handed man, and takes a deep, long swig, wiping her mouth on her sleeve in a very unlady-like fashion.

She winces, but the trace of a crooked smile crosses her face. She passes the bottle back to Grates, significantly lighter than it was a minute ago.

That's unfortunate, but I understand, I've been there before. I'll keep Ivru warmed up for you. ;)

Tiny
2013-03-24, 09:19 AM
Grates raises an eyebrow at the half-empty bottle. "It seems to me you are no stranger to grog lass! How comes a fair dame like yourself came to be in this sort of situation?" Not that it is any business of mine. Then he shrugs and takes another swig from the bottle. Offering it back again afterwards. "The name is Grates. I think I forgot to mention that earlier."

Systole
2013-03-25, 11:22 AM
Ivru watches the exchange with a look of mild horror. He shudders, and adds, "And I am Ivru, known as the Walker, of the people of the Four Mountains." He shakes his head. "Among my tribe, it is a great crime to misbehave so against a woman. We would tie such a criminal to a stake at the edge of the waters, so that the crabs could feast upon his ulili at high tide. What is the custom here?"

Tiny
2013-03-26, 03:08 AM
Grates furrows his brow as if in deep thought, "Well Ivru... It depends on the local authorities. Or lack of them.. I have seen men getting keelhauled and later hung from the gallows by their ulili." He pauses and clenches his fist. "But I have also seen men getting a pat on the back and a free round of drinks." Grates gets a grim look in his eyes when he continues. "Then again the bastards usually have to go reliving themselves afterwards.. And few men can repeat their offence with a chest full of new breathing holes lying face down in their own piss."

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-26, 03:59 AM
She denies the bottle with a curt nod and clears her throat.

"Well thank you Mister Grates, Mister Ivru. My name is Alba Zoe." She pauses, to give a thankful nod and slight curtsy. "I have recently arrived from...Kiera. To search for my father. He was a sailor, but he vanished three years ago. I received a letter from a man who claimed to know him, and have arranged to meet him in the Crown."

She pauses, and turns her head to look at the docks behind her. It's a chaotic environment, salt-laced hard men and women trotting to and fro. "Although I have spent most of my money buying passage, I have some coin left. It isn't much, but I would gladly give it to you if you would be so kind to escort me to the tavern. I do not feel that Rosale is a safe place."

Systole
2013-03-26, 10:40 AM
"I have no need of your coin, Mister Alba Zoway of Kiera, but I will accompany you to see that no harm comes to your person."

Ivru looks down at the thugs in disgust. "These dead men, they have no need of their goods, correct? You can take them, Mister Grates. But this one is mine." The alchemist draws his dagger and bends over the unconscious thug. With a few easy sweeps of the blade, he cuts the man completely free of his clothing and then waves a vial of oddly-colored salts under his nose.

"On your feet, evil man! Now run! Run and show your shame to the world! And run quickly, or Ivru the Walker will catch you!"

Will use the succor potion on the thug and then send him off bare-ass nekkid. Ivru believes that humiliation is a far more effective punishment than death.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-26, 02:27 PM
Alba giggles at your misuse of titles, than watches your actions with curiousity.

It is an unpleasant process, stripping the criminal of his clothing. He is a rank individual, and once his baggy clothing is off his skin is revealed to be a massed collection of scars and sores.

The thug, revived by the smelling salts, looks at his slain companions nervously before turning to look at the trio at the head of the alley. He immediately turns and runs, clumsily dodging street debris while making a rudimentary attempt to conceal his privates.

+1 benny to you. That was cool.

Systole
2013-03-26, 03:33 PM
Ivru chuffs as the thug takes off running. "Hmph. And so maybe the men of this town will think a second time about assaulting visitors ... or ignoring the words of a man carrying a sharp spear." He hefts his alchemist's pouch and frowns. "I will need to dance many new medicines this night."

Tiny
2013-03-27, 06:45 AM
"Much obliged Mister Ivru, a shame to let even bad oranges go to waste." The old man turns to search the broken bodies with a small look of amusement playing on his face. "'Mister Grates!' Heh, well I never.." He shakes his head and mutters softly under his breath while his hand and hook searches the bodies deftly. After a while he stands up and stretches his back. The unpleasant work done. "Well then! Lets see if these here gentlemen can be so kind as to treat us all to a fine meal at the Crown as compensation for our troubles." He then nods towards lady Alba. "Mister Ivru said it well enough Miss Alba. Keep your money. Besides, I have the feeling you will need all the coin you can get your hands on to find your old man."

Grates have lived long enough to learn to not be to picky about such things. I must say I really like the contrast between Grates and Ivru and the way Ivru speaks.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-27, 02:38 PM
Alba beams at you both before turning away, while Grates looks through the bodies.

The thugs were not a wealthy bunch. Between the both of them, you find only 8 silvers. While you comb through the bodies, picking through pockets and opening up pouches, the thugs' assortment of naval tattoos begins to stimulate your mind...

Grates, since you have at least a naval background, if not a piratical background, I'm gonna ask for a Common Knowledge roll at -2 from you.

Agreed, I really like the way you guys are playing your characters. Let me know if you have any concerns over pacing or anything else, I'm aware that I've been taking things pretty slow. If this bothers you, do tell.

Tiny
2013-03-28, 06:29 AM
"It seems our generous hosts were as poor as the dirt that covered them." Grates looks at the sad few silvers in his hand and sighs. "Something about those tattoos bother me as well, but I can't put my hook on why... On the bright side, the silver is at least enough to buy us or your contact a few really bad drinks."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3995896/">1d4.open(4)-2=-1, 1d6.open(6)-2=2 I'm a bit curious as i am new to this system, and I hope you don't take offence. But if Grates do get to make the common knowledge because of his background, shouldn't it be at a bonus or break even instead according to the book you sent? Not that it maters that much in this case as he still rolled way to low. Ohhh I just realized that all prices are listed in silver and not gold. Is that correct?

Systole
2013-03-29, 05:49 AM
Ivru looks dubious. "If the drinks you speak of are to be the same quality as that in your flask, I think perhaps I will have coconut water." He looks at the tattoos. "They signify nothing to me. Among the people of the Four Mountains, there are those who write the stories of our history on their flesh. Those marking are not the same as these."

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-29, 04:06 PM
The Crown is a typical sailors’ haunt. The tavern is very crowded, and reeks of pipe smoke, stale beer, and unwashed sailors of all races.

No one turns a head at Grates' and Ivru's entrances, but Alba, hidden in a cloak as she is, still gets a handful of lecherous stares. At the far side of the bar, where the private tables are, one stare lasts longer than the rest. A well-dressed human stands up and nods at the trio, than beckons you over.

Now could you both make Notice rolls at -2?

No offence at all, questions are welcome. If it were some standard piece of information, than yes, you would just get it, though this particular roll was to see if your character knew a specific detail about something in the scene, hence the -2 penalty.

Systole
2013-03-29, 05:29 PM
Ivru looks around with a grimace. "A foul place. But that is the person you are wishing to meet, yes?"

Notice roll (1d4.open(4)-2=0, 1d6.open(6)-2=-1) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3998524/)

Tiny
2013-03-29, 06:15 PM
Grates just shrugs at Ivru's obvious distaste. "I have seen far worse." Staring down one of the other patrons just as he is about to give Alba a "friendly" pat on the backside. "If he isn't your contact, he sure as heck are happy enough to see us."

1d4.open(4)-2=-1, 1d6.open(6)-2=1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3998599/)

Tiny
2013-03-30, 12:25 PM
"Let me check if he is just another lad that wants to examine your waistline." Grates motions for Ivru and Alba to stay. "Wait here." Then he makes his way through the tavern and up to the man at the table and greats him with a wide grin. "Well met! I guess you are the lad that supposedly know something about the young lass missing mother?"

Grates is not the most imaginative person when it comes to security so he figures that this little lie is a good enough test.

gardenphilosoph
2013-03-30, 03:14 PM
"Father. I know of her father. And I have no intention of revealing that information to anyone but her, personally." The man turns his pale gaze back to Ivru and Alba.

Tiny
2013-03-31, 06:56 AM
Grates, pleased with his own cleverness, waves the waiting duo forward. "He is who we thought he was." Then he turns back to the waiting man. "Pardon the small ruse lad, but we ran in to some trouble earlier and I rather not throw myself heads first in to the jaws of a shark twice on the same afternoon." He shrugs and then laughs. "Well I would, but the lady might not like it."

Systole
2013-04-01, 11:21 AM
Ivru takes Alba forward to meet the man, occasionally glaring at the various scum in the tavern proper. "Hail and well met, Mister Person. I am Ivru the Walker. This woman is your charge?"

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-02, 01:23 AM
The man looks at Ivru with a barely concealed grimace on his face, but then pushes a chair out for Alba, indicating that she should take a seat.

"Miss Alba Zoe, I presume?", he asks. Alba nods. "My name is Mister Knotts. I believe you received my letter. Difficult, getting messages up to Kiera." He extends a large gloved hand to shake with Alba's.

“What news do you have of my father?” she asks. “Is he alive?”

“Aye,” says Knotts, “but he is not a...well man. This may be hard for you to accept, child, but your father is in prison. He and his crew attacked a Kieran payroll ship and buried the treasure. Unfortunately, the haul was large enough to attract other parties. There was a naval battle, and your father was taken to the house of Baron Naldo, where his identity could be kept secret from the Governor.”

Alba gasps, stricken for words. “My father wasn’t a pirate,” Alba claims defiantly, despite the tears welling in her eyes.

“He was, my lady, but a gentleman pirate,” Knotts replies. “Naldo wants to know where the payroll is buried, but your father won’t tell. I fear he’ll be executed unless he talks. Did he tell you anything about the treasure?”

“No,” Alba sobs. “I always thought he was a sailor. He told me he was a sailor.”

Systole
2013-04-03, 10:50 AM
"I am unfamiliar with your titles, here. This Governor is your chieftan, and this Baron is a subchieftan, is this correct? And I am to understand the subchieftan wishes to take the monies for himself, and not give the chief his proper share?"

Ivru looks at the man suspiciously. "It is odd to me that Mister Alba Zoway's father did not tell his true and faithful friend where his treaure was hidden."

Tiny
2013-04-04, 01:26 AM
Grates follows the twists and turns of the conversation. "A pirate you said? Under what captain did he sail?" He shots a sympathic look to Alba. "A pirate is still a sailor, lass. He might have had some reasons for keeping it a secret."

Excuse the slow posting but I have exams this week and I forgot to mention it earlier. Will probably not be able to post for real until Monday.

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-06, 01:00 PM
Mister Knotts grimaces with barely concealed dislike at Ivru, clearly demonstrating the racism that the masaquani found so dominant in humans.

"He was the captain." mutters Knotts. Then again, addressing Alba, "So you know nothing of the treasure?"

Alba can do naught but shake her head.

Same here, unexpected schedule change resulted in me working more than I had thought I would these past couple days.

Systole
2013-04-08, 10:11 AM
"If you want your father returned, it seems you must negotiate with either the chieftan or the subchieftan. Or remove him from the subchieftan's house by force or trickery."

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-08, 11:57 AM
Gonna call for a Notice roll from both of you. Ivru gets +2 to his from being suspicious of Mister Knotts.

Systole
2013-04-08, 12:29 PM
Funny story: I always mess up the syntax on Invisible Castle, so I usually do a test roll to make sure I have the syntax right. My test roll was a 4,4,4,1+2 = 15. Sigh.

Notice on Knotts (1d4.open(4)+2=4, 1d6.open(6)+2=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4016579/)

Tiny
2013-04-08, 06:17 PM
My guess is that Knotts was either a part of the crew or is in the Barons employ. Grates have no idea though. Or does he? Notice roll:1d4.open(4)=6, 1d6.open(6) =1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4017084/) Well.. I believe a 6 is still a success, so you don't need to feel to bad about it. That 15 was a rather good roll though.. *sigh*
Ooc: By the way. Sorry about the bad luck with the giant, Systole. I kind of liked Taevos, he could have had his own novel.

Systole
2013-04-09, 12:00 PM
There were a lot of really difficult fights in there that I barely survived, so I'd been thinking for a while that it was only a matter of time until I got whacked.

Looking back, the giant fight was pretty much no-win unless I'd made some very counterintuitive choices, and even then, seems bloody unlikely. The best strategy I can come up with even in hindsight is: don't bring the support onto the field at all, greater invisibility on Taevos and Timeon, and then pray to not get crit to death before the giant goes down (possibly using the mage to DD people out of roc grapple, assuming he could even move against the hurricane). Either that, or have about a half dozen controller mages casting grease on him. With the hurricane shutting down my ranged strikers and casters and the rocs capable of grappling even my front line with basically no hope of escape, I was pretty much doomed. I can imagine winning the fight with the rocs OR the hurricane, but having both in play was practically a death sentence.

I choose to believe that Timeon caught Anteus asleep, drained him, and used vampire storm giant slave to rampage through the cathedral and win. Glad you enjoyed Taevos, though.

Tiny
2013-04-11, 09:03 AM
Well If you could have lured the giant away to a battlefield more of your choosing it could possibly have made a difference. I haven't played any PF so I don't know, but it feels like he had a lot of advantage due to the open space.

I feel that the biggest flaw in most games are that everything seems to be calculated as if one is at least half prepared for the encounter. So if you are surprised at higher levels you die, but if you are prepared it's often too easy. The reason why its hard being a DM I guess.

Speaking of DM's, Gardenphilosoph do you have much on your schedule at the moment? As it's been a bit silent in here the last few days.

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-13, 04:07 AM
Alba looks up from her reverie in misery, and begins to utter something when the man, Knotts, lurches up from the table and signals to two men at the bar. A bar stool in kicked at Grates, but misses, knocking into the table and spilling cheap ale all over the already-filthy floor.

Initiative! You both succeeded on your Notice rolls for this ambush, so you both get dealt initiative as per usual this round.

Knotts' Man 2 - King of Diamonds
Knotts - Jack of Hearts
Ivru - Ten of Diamonds
Knotts' Man 1 - Eight of Diamonds
Grates - Seven of Hearts

One of Knotts' allies, a stinking masaquani dressed in brine-hardened clothing, grabs Alba in a bear-hug. "A pity she dun know more, but I'm sure Cap'n Zoe will talk once we's got his daw-terr..." he slurs, his mouth loosened from drink.

Knotts himself lashes out at Ivru, lightning-quick, obviously accomplished with his rapier.

Fighting - [roll0], [roll1] vs 7
Damage - [roll2] + [roll3] vs 6

Ugh, Invisible Castle appears to be down.

Also, I apologize about the posting rate. There has been a lot going on, currently working two jobs and going to school full-time, so things get pretty hectic. I'll never go completely silent without prior warning though, this I promise.

The sudden flare of violence provokes the already-threshold bar patrons into a full on bar fight, and Knotts' rapier blade glides over Ivru's head. The sound of glasses smashing against walls and drunken wails of angry patrons make for a distracting background for the suddenly lethal fight.

Tiny
2013-04-13, 09:38 AM
Nimbly dodging the approaching furniture Grates leaps at the man that kicked the bar stool. "You lads are a nothing but a bunch of tar-stinking-barnacle-clad mutineers!" Drawing his rapier while throwing a quick jab with his left hook.

Fighting - [roll0] , [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

There is some sort of penalty for multiple tasks right?

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-13, 03:52 PM
The hook leaves a nasty gash across the man's shoulder, but he is either too drunk or too dumb to care.

Yup, -2 for each additional action, cumulative.

Your attack hit, but didn't do enough damage to overcome the enemy's Toughness.

Systole, what were your thoughts on Way of the Wicked? I've always had a liking for evil-themed games, and always felt play-by-posts were ideal environments for them, since player-vs-player and party-splitting could both be infinitely more manageable than in face-to-face games. I recently read the freebie for Way of the Wicked and really enjoyed it. I've never really strayed into d20 but the thoroughness and quality of WotW is really making me consider it.

Tiny
2013-04-13, 06:30 PM
I have a question regarding damage. I wondered what special power mister Knotts had, that gave him a damage boost for his rapier. Then I figured it out that in the sourcebook it says a rapier hits for [Str+1d4], but in the fathoms book its [Str+1]. It seems most weapons in the 50 fathoms only give a flat bonus to damage and no extra roll. So which ones do we use? Also what do we/you say constitutes a session is in this case? It would be nice to know if we could be spending bennies left and right for silly but entertaining rolls, or use them very sparingly to save our skins.

Systole
2013-04-13, 07:36 PM
Ivru sneers at Knotts. "I smelled the wickedness on you, evil man. There shall be no redemption for you, only the blade."

Fighting: [roll0], [roll1] for [roll2]

Systole
2013-04-13, 07:49 PM
Spending a bennie for reroll. [roll0],[roll1] for [roll2]

Regarding Way of the Wicked, I enjoyed it rather a lot. The only thing I'd recommend is that the fights need to be tailored a bit better than they are. It's especially awkward if you have an antipaladin in the group, because they just destroy good enemies, but they're only mediocre against evil enemies (which you fight a lot, too). But the adventure throws CR X at you, no matter whether it's vs. good or vs. evil, when it should really be like X+1 if good and X-1 if evil.

The second thing was that the surprise fights were really hard. So in most cases, you have a lot of time to suss out the encounter and hit it from the weak spot. Which is cool, because you feel like you're accomplishing something by doing research and being sneaky. Occasionally, the adventure just drops stuff on you, and those were by far the deadliest encounters for me. Like Tiny said, the adventure assumes prep, and when you can't prep, you're boned. I would tone down those encounters a bit.

Overall: A really cool adventure path, but it can be a bit inconsistent and it is a meatgrinder. Non-optimized characters are going to have a very rough time.

Systole
2013-04-13, 07:50 PM
Extra dices [roll0],[roll1]

Do damage dice explode? [roll2]

Tiny
2013-04-14, 03:25 AM
Extra dices [roll0],[roll1]

Do damage dice explode? [roll2]
According to core they do.

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-14, 04:05 AM
Knotts has difficulty dealing with Ivru's spear, an uncommon weapon in naval warfare, an even less common weapon in bar fights. Despite stumbling over the same stool that his ally kicked, his ability with the rapier never lessens, and he deftly parries away all of the wanderer's thrusts.

A metre away a patron is brutally clubbed with a wooden mug. He slumps to the ground with a dull thud.

Tiny - Ah, you're right. Sloppy me, should've realized that earlier. I believe the 50 Fathoms core book is a little outdated, relying on an old system of Savage Worlds where all weapons had flat damage bonuses, versus the newer version where they are variable. Core will always override the 50 Fathoms setting book. I'll reroll for the last two damage rolls, highest result sticks.

Grates' reroll - [roll0] + [roll1]
Ivrus' reroll - [roll2] + [roll3]

Tiny, isn't Grates' strength d6, not d8? Also, anyone know what's up with Invisible Castle? I know it's been down before, but it really is superior in every way to the dinky forum roller.

Also, thanks for the input on Way of the Wicked. It's really very appealing to me, I think if I can spare the time I might dip my feet into Pathfinder/d20 with it. It's intimidating though, d20-based systems seem to approach the very notion of RPGs differently from almost every other RPG I've read/run. Seems very mechanical/video-gamey versus story/simulationist, though my yearning to try d20 plus the convenience of a well-built campaign path are tempting.

Systole
2013-04-14, 10:13 AM
Just want to confirm that a 9 wasn't good enough to hit Knotts. Because that's a little scary.

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-14, 12:58 PM
Confirmed. ;)

Tiny
2013-04-14, 05:20 PM
Knotts has difficulty dealing with Ivru's spear, an uncommon weapon in naval warfare, an even less common weapon in bar fights. Despite stumbling over the same stool that his ally kicked, his ability with the rapier never lessens, and he deftly parries away all of the wanderer's thrusts.

A metre away a patron is brutally clubbed with a wooden mug. He slumps to the ground with a dull thud.

Tiny - Ah, you're right. Sloppy me, should've realized that earlier. I believe the 50 Fathoms core book is a little outdated, relying on an old system of Savage Worlds where all weapons had flat damage bonuses, versus the newer version where they are variable. Core will always override the 50 Fathoms setting book. I'll reroll for the last two damage rolls, highest result sticks.

Grates' reroll - [roll0] + [roll1]
Ivrus' reroll - [roll2] + [roll3]

Tiny, isn't Grates' strength d6, not d8? Also, anyone know what's up with Invisible Castle? I know it's been down before, but it really is superior in every way to the dinky forum roller.

Also, thanks for the input on Way of the Wicked. It's really very appealing to me, I think if I can spare the time I might dip my feet into Pathfinder/d20 with it. It's intimidating though, d20-based systems seem to approach the very notion of RPGs differently from almost every other RPG I've read/run. Seems very mechanical/video-gamey versus story/simulationist, though my yearning to try d20 plus the convenience of a well-built campaign path are tempting.

Oh! Sorry I missed to update my sheet completely the last time in the recruitment thread! This is the one I have been referring to. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=533287 Grates haven't used any of the skills that went from d6 to d4 yet but without the d8 strength he would have been encumbered. As I purchased all items while looking at the myth-weavers sheet.

We talked about his strength after the last battle and its still a d8. His throwing is d4 otherwise the stats are correct in the first post. :smallwink: So ones are d4, twos are d6 and so forth? I will reroll hook damage with d8 str or should I just roll a d4 instead of the one?

You decide:

Case 1:[roll0], [roll1]

Case 2:[roll2]

Tiny
2013-04-14, 05:26 PM
We talked about his strength after the last battle and its still a d8. His throwing is d4 otherwise the stats are correct in the first post. :smallwink: So ones are d4, twos are d6 and so forth? I will reroll hook damage with d8 str or should I just roll a d4 instead of the one?

You decide:

Case 1:[roll0], [roll1]

Case 2:[roll2]

Well.. It seems the dice-roller is acting funny.. Either way, double ace.. if case 1:
[roll0], [roll1]

Edit: That gives Hook damage. d8(8)+d4(4)+d8(3)+d4(2) =17 if case 1.
And d8(4)+d4(3)=7 if case 2.

Tiny
2013-04-14, 05:45 PM
Just want to confirm that a 9 wasn't good enough to hit Knotts. Because that's a little scary.

He might have the acrobatic edge or something similar? 6 from fighting +2 base +1 rapier +1 acrobatic = 10. That's darn high! I think we might have to gang up on him to have a chance.

Systole
2013-04-14, 10:55 PM
Where are we in initiative order? Is it round 2?

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-15, 10:31 AM
The old man's prosthetic hook leaves a ragged wet wound in the belly of one of the attackers, and he falls down amongst the stools and spilled beer.

Since damage got easily over a raise (at least +4 over the enemy's toughness, you would also have gotten a chance to add +1d6 to your damage roll, though clearly it wasn't necessary. You one-shot the guy. Sorry about the strength confusion again, I've updated the first post to reflect - looks like you also had a Notice and Knowledge (Masaquani Culture) that wasn't in the first post? I've added them in.
Knotts' other ally gulps nervously, than goes in for a haphazard attack at the one-handed old man who just slew his friend. His technique is sloppy, but the cutlass he is wielding is heavy and dull, and would make for a nasty wound.

Fighting - [roll0]

His footwork is ruined by a sticky patch on the floor.

Knotts may be a master duelist, but a cold slick of sweat has appeared on his forehead, and he keeps eyeing his slain ally on the floor nervously, his eyes darting back and forth.

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-15, 10:34 AM
Round 2. New initiative.

Ivru - Ace of Spades
Knotts' Man 1 - Jack of Diamonds
Grates - Seven of clubs
Knotts - Four of Spades

Systole
2013-04-15, 10:56 AM
"You are skilled with a blade, Mister Knotts." He throws his last remaining packet of stun powder at the man. "But my people do not fight with blade alone!"

Can I make the melee touch with the powder at fighting +2 again?

[roll0]

Systole
2013-04-15, 11:00 AM
Durrrr ... wild die [roll0]

Tiny
2013-04-16, 03:14 AM
Grates removes some of the guts from his hook with a flick of the arm and eyes the man with the sword. "Remember, when there is blood in the water..." The old sailor grins, cutting himself short in the middle of the sentence and makes a horribly viscus thrust with the rapier. "The old sharks come out to play!"

Wild attack: ,[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]+2

Edit: I believe 6 is enough for a hit? With the Ace roll: Fighting:6
Damage: 14, enough for a extra d6? [roll]1d6
I edited the post a bit to reflect the silly amounts of damage.

Tiny
2013-04-16, 03:15 AM
Nice! Ace Roll: [roll0]

Tiny
2013-04-16, 03:17 AM
Damn that roller... Ace: [roll0]

Tiny
2013-04-16, 08:34 AM
The extra Damage die. Just in case: [roll0]

gardenphilosoph
2013-04-20, 06:28 PM
Knotts flourishes a shoulder-cape from over his shoulder, spreading the dust out, rendering it ineffective. His rapier comes out from underneath the fabric in a delicate flourish, viper-quick. It seems the stunning powder is not entirely useless however; Knotts' efforts to squint it out of his vision make his cut go wide. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4022602/)

In the background, the one-handed old man slays another one of Knotts' allies in a brutal display of swordsmanship.

Knotts is sweating profusely, unnerved at the loss of two of his allies. Around him, the bar fight is dying down, most of the combatants either lying on the floor as casualties or long-fled.

"This isn't the end of this.", he hisses, before flourishing his cape again and vanishing hurriedly. All he leaves behind is his garishly scented velvet shoulder-cape and two dead allies.

Miss Alba Zoe is nowhere to be seen - at the beginning of the fight, she had retreated to a support beam near the back of the bar a couple feet away to catch her breath, but in the chaos she has vanished.

Tiny
2013-04-21, 10:15 AM
The old deckhand sheaths his rapier and observes the broken remnants of The Crown. Tables and chairs smashed everywhere. Unconscious (or worse) patrons thrown over broken furniture.. He curses deeply under his breath and wipes the sweat from his brow with the sleeve of his shirt. "Krakens bones! This started out as such a good day too... Bloody pirates!" Continuing to scan the room with darting eyes. Finally turning towards his spear wielding companion with a puzzled look. "Ivru, where is lady Alba? I can't seem to fi.." He pales as the insight dawns on him and for the first time he seems to loose a bit of his composure. "No.. "

Systole
2013-04-21, 04:37 PM
Ivru snarls as the man retreats. "I agree! It is not the end of this, Mister Knotts!" He almost jumps after the traitorous sailor, but stops and looks around. "Where is Mister Zoway?"

Tiny
2013-04-30, 04:23 AM
Grates quickly moves around the room frantically searching for the body of miss Alba. Muttering and cursing to himself half aloud. "I sure hope I wont find you here.. this is no place for a lady to end her days! Were you taken by the pirate scum? Some protector.. I.. Curses!"

Tiny
2013-05-05, 09:56 AM
Anyone still here?

Systole
2013-05-06, 01:03 PM
Still watching, but it seems we're GM-less.

Tiny
2013-05-14, 02:01 PM
Should we declare this game dead due to lack of DM or are you lurking around here somewhere gardenphilosoph? If we are to continue, I really think we should get an OC thread to reduce the clutter.