Ithquentbvare
2013-03-17, 05:46 AM
Hi my name is Jake
Hi my name is Rachel
Hi my name is Tobias
Hi my name is Cassie
Hi my name is Marco
Hi my name is Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill

< On my first post on this forum I made an Andalites reference and was lucky enough to have a few people discuss it. In lieu of keeping that thread from going off track I am making this thread to try and stat out various species for use in DnD.
Luckily a great deal of the animals have already been statted out, so we just have the aliens and some items. I am still trying to figure out how to work the spoiler tags.
Andalites
Hork Bajir 2 monstrous humanoid HD
medium size, powerful build
Str +4, Dex +2, Con +4, Int -6, Cha -2
base speed 40 feet, climb 20 ft
+8 to climb, +4 balance, +4 jump
2 blade attacks for 1d6
+3 Natural Armor
LA +0

Seers would be the same but +4 Int, no Cha penalty instead of -6 Int and -2 Cha
(Courtesy of limejuicepowder with assist by Yogibear41 and myself on the fluff.

Yeerks
Gedds
Skrit Na
Taxxon

Items
Shredder
Dracon Beam
Escafali Device

I feel like I forgot a whole bunch of things. Let me know your opinions. And remember, don’t call me prince. >

limejuicepowder
2013-03-17, 08:24 AM
Andalites -
2 monsterous humanoid HD
Str +2 Con +2 Int +4 Cha -2
size: medium
space/reach: 5ft/5ft
base speed 60 ft
tail blade 1d8
Ex: Tail Flurry: They may make two tail attacks at highest Bab, but each attack that turn takes a -2 penalty.
Ex: Telepathy: Andalites lack mouths, and communicate mind-to-mind. They may project speech in to 1 or more creature's minds to a range of 100 ft, regardless of language (though the intelligence of the creature limits their ability to process it). Alternatively, the andalite may "shout" their telepathy, increasing the range to 200 ft, but every creature in range "hears" it.

Yeerks -
1 aberration HD
Str -10 Dex -8 Int+2 Cha+2
size: fine
base speed: 5 ft
Ex: Mind Control: A yeerk may enter a humanoid or monsterous humanoid's head and attach itself to the brain. While attached, the creature is dominated, as the spell. No save is allowed, even if the yeerk forces the creature to do something extremely contrary to its nature.
Ex: Kandrona Reliance: Every three days, a yeerk must be directly exposed to kandrona rays or it dies.

Taxxons -
3 aberration HD
Con +2 Wis -4 Cha-4
size: large
space/reach: 10 ft/5 ft
base speed: 40 ft, swim 40 ft
bite 1d6.
Ex: Terrible Bite: Because a taxxon's bite is exceptionally painful, anyone who is successfully hit by the bite attack must make a DC 13 fort save or be sicked from the pain for 1 round. The DC is con-based and includes a racial modifier.
Ex: Scent
Ex: Hunger: A taxxon is ravenously hungry at all times. If they smell blood, broken flesh, carrion, etc., they must make a DC 15 will save or seek out and eat it, regardless of what else may be going on around them. If the source is still alive, they attack and then eat. They will even eat themselves, if injured. They may make a new save at the beginning of each turn to regain control of themselves.

Gedds -
1 humanoid HD
Dex -2 Int-2 Wis-2 Cha -2
space/reach: 5 ft/5 ft
speed 20 ft

....yeah Gedds really are that lame

Leeran
2 aberration HD
Int +2 Wis +2
space/reach: 5 ft/5 ft
speed: 20 ft, swim 30 ft
Ex: Amphibious: a leeran can breath in water or air freely
Su: Read Mind: a leeran may cast detect thoughts, as the spell, at-will, though the range is changed to a 20 ft radius around them. Additionally, the leeran gains all information from the spell on the first round (presence of minds, intelligence scores, surface thoughts). The save DC is wis-based.
Su: leerans are psionic, giving them 2 power points. Note that they have nothing to spend their points on without taking class levels.

Howlers
4 monsterous humanoid HD
Str +2 Dex +2 Con+4 Wis -2
space/reach: 5 ft/ 5 ft
speed: 30 ft
2 claw attacks 1d6
natural armor +2
Ex: Superior Fast Healing 5: unlike normal fast healing, this ability allows the howler to regrow lost limbs and body parts. The severed limb returns once the howler has healed damage equal to the damage taken from the attack that severed the limb.
Ex: Spot Weakness: a howler's vision is penetrative, allowing them to see vital organs and weak spots through a creature's skin. Double the critical threat range of any weapon they wield.
Ex: Howl: as their name implies, howlers have a sonic-scream attack. The howl affects all non-howlers in a 30 ft radius. Each creature must make a DC 15 will save or be stunned for 1 round. Because the howl is particularly devastating to intelligent creatures, each affected creature takes a penalty on the save equal to their intelligence modifier. This ability takes a move action to use, and the howler must wait 1d4 rounds before using it again. The DC is con-based and includes a +3 racial bonus.

------------

I'm pretty happy with those stats. I don't feel that there's enough info on the Skirt-Na to make stats for them, so I left 'em out.

Serpentine
2013-03-17, 10:25 AM
I had a go at this a while back. Was reasonably happy with my efforts (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140194).

limejuicepowder
2013-03-17, 10:00 PM
A lot of that looks pretty awesome, though I have an objection: the characters are way WAY too powerful. Giving them 15 HD, regardless of what those HD are (even commoner) means they are mythical in power, and far greater than anything the world has ever seen.

For instance, any of them would be able to survive a 500 ft fall, eat deadly poisons for breakfast, fight numerous heavy weight boxing champions at the same time and win easily, and be better at any skill they put ranks in than any human who has ever come before them.

And they would do that all in human form. Once you add in morphing, it would become utterly preposterous.

Now I know your intention was to make a base class that translates to DnD-type power, but I think the morphing power or being an animorph would be better represented with an acquired template. The template would give similar abilities to what you outlined in the class, but would provide virtually no benefits when the character was not in morph.

Ithquentbvare
2013-03-17, 10:32 PM
I also object to the lack of Tobias...

Serpentine
2013-03-17, 10:36 PM
I didn't do Tobias?! This is an outrage!

As for the rest, that's what happens when you translate things into D&D *shrug* Also those aren't necessarily the levels I'd consider them to be at in the books. Maybe at the very end but that's still pushing it.