PDA

View Full Version : Black Market (PF)

Valdras
2013-03-17, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, simple question,

How the hell do I find the black market in Pathfinder games.

I can't seem to see what the relevant skill is, can anyone enlighten me or link me to the SRD where it has the rules?

BRC
2013-03-17, 10:36 AM
Gather Information or Knowledge: Local. There is no specific "Find a Black Market" Rule, you just ask your DM, and they will probably have you use one of those two skills.

Jeraa
2013-03-17, 10:40 AM
I agree with BRC. Either Knowledge: Local (to know the likely locations the Black Market would exist or people likely to be involved), or Gather Information (to ask around for its location).

Daftendirekt
2013-03-17, 10:43 AM
(to ask around for its location).

*walks up to city guardsman*

"Excuse me sir, do you happen to know where I might find a black market around here?"

BRC
2013-03-17, 10:47 AM
*walks up to city guardsman*

"Excuse me sir, do you happen to know where I might find a black market around here?"

Depending on the city, that may be a perfectly valid option. City Guardsmen are notoriously underpaid after all. They'll just tell you where they've been paid not to go.

grarrrg
2013-03-17, 11:54 PM
Don't forget, the size of the town/city (should) has a HUGE influence on this.
A small hamlet in the middle of nowhere is not likely to have much for 'shady dealings'.
The giant city on the other hand may have 2 or even 3 independent Black Markets.

Slipperychicken
2013-03-18, 12:04 AM
Ask the DM. He might not have even prepared a black market for you to discover yet, and it might be good to give him some warning. This way you get a black market with more flavor text and encounters.

Certified
2013-03-18, 12:26 AM
There is also the Black Market Ties, (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classArchetypes/rogue.html) Rogue Talent, from Ultimate Combat

Devils_Advocate
2013-03-18, 12:59 AM
You guys, the issue is that the Gather Information skill doesn't exist in Pathfinder. Duuuuuuurrrrrr.

A bit of investigation of my own (This question is really pretty meta, isn't it?) reveals that it was folded into Diplomacy (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/diplomacy).