PDA

View Full Version : warforged druid with focus on wild shape:

Mrgone
2013-03-17, 03:50 PM
anyone have any sugestions for feat selection for a warforged druid? i'm building him at first level and playing him through level 20. he'll start as suport heals untill i gain wild shape then i'll move to a frontline position. the only feat i know i want at first level is iron wood body. aside from that at 3rd level i'll probably grab natural bond and at 6 i'll take the feat that allows me to cast in wildshape form. where i'm stumped is my 2nd feat at first level lol. as i am already feat pour i want it to be a good one, and i know the comunity here is amazing.

Juntao112
2013-03-17, 03:51 PM
Is your plan to transform and roll out maximize?

Mrgone
2013-03-17, 03:53 PM
lmao not my initial plan but as all the arrows point in that dirrection....... more or less yes

gorfnab
2013-03-17, 04:03 PM
Druid Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=940)
Animal Devotion is a nice filler feat.

Mrgone
2013-03-17, 04:04 PM
the idea of the campain was originaly suposed to be low magic both in race and class. the dm is allowing two casting charicters. one devine one arcane. from that i tossed in a nice sales pitch. what if 1000s of years prior the world was rich with magic making warforged a possible player class. during a war in this erra one of these machines was dissabled and for what ever reason left behind. say he fell near a tree and over time the tree grew around him (engulfed by the tree he layed dorment for a realy long time) one night lightning strikes the tree 1000 years later exposing the dissabled warforged. all his metal parts have pretty well rusted away and some of his wooden parts have petrifiyed over time. (ironwood body fluff) party discovers him fires him back up and bam player charicter. he has no memmory of anything pretty much making it his born on date. oddly enough having spent so long in the tree he made an unknown conection with nature. 5 levels later "transform and roll out"

subject42
2013-03-17, 04:08 PM
say he fell near a tree and over time the tree grew around him (engulfed by the tree he layed dorment for a realy long time) one night lightning strikes the tree 1000 years later exposing the dissabled warforged. all his metal parts have pretty well rusted away and some of his wooden parts have petrifiyed over time. (ironwood body fluff)

I'm pretty sure there's actually a decent prestige class that does exactly what you're describing. I think it's called... Landforged Walker or something like that?

Mrgone
2013-03-18, 11:51 AM
i looked at the land forged walker. it wouldn't be bad but i lose caster levels and it dampens my wild shape. probably not gonna go that rout.

Greenish
2013-03-18, 12:02 PM
For low magic campaign, I'd really consider going with wildshape ranger instead of full-fledged druid, but I guess you know what you're doing.

I don't know why you have two feats at first level as a warforged, but I like the Initiate feats from ECS. Greensinger, Gatekeeper, or Warden all add skills as class skills, and new spells on your druid list. Ashbound doubles the duration of your summons, so that's neat too.

Mrgone
2013-03-18, 12:27 PM
For low magic campaign, I'd really consider going with wildshape ranger instead of full-fledged druid, but I guess you know what you're doing.

I don't know why you have two feats at first level as a warforged, but I like the Initiate feats from ECS. Greensinger, Gatekeeper, or Warden all add skills as class skills, and new spells on your druid list. Ashbound doubles the duration of your summons, so that's neat too.

lol good point all i would get is the a charicter feat. that makes that choise easy lol. i'm thinking first level would be ironwood body (commited by background) and 6th would be devoted to casting in wild shape. i'll look into wildshape ranger but i think they're limited by size so it would rule out some of the more agressive forms later in levels. good eye on the feat can't beleave i flubed that up lmao. 2 feats would have been nice though lmao

supermonkeyjoe
2013-03-18, 12:31 PM
I like the city soul ACF listed here (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20070228a) for Warforged, it lets you wildshape into a small/medium/large animated object instead of an elemental for the extra transformery goodness, turn into a large horseless carriage and transport your buddies around!

Greenish
2013-03-18, 12:34 PM
i'll look into wildshape ranger but i think they're limited by size so it would rule out some of the more agressive forms later in levels.That would be why you go for Master of Many Forms (Complete Adventurer) the moment you get wildshape.

Mrgone
2013-03-21, 10:39 AM
update. here is what i decided. while not as powerful i went with the shapeshift variant from phb2 for ease of paper work and to tame it down a little for purposes of game balance. my stats ended up looking like this.
STR: 14 DEX: 12 CON: 20 INT: 12 WIS 16 CHA:8
feats and level progression are gonna look something like this.

druid 1: ironwood body
druid 3: imp grapple
Druid6: imp natural attack
2 levels of warshaper
druid 7(9): multi attack

future advice is welcome, thank you everyone for your advice up to this point.