PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Best ways to enhance base speed

Chaosvii7
2013-03-17, 08:16 PM
I am looking to play a Bloatmage Sorcerer, and I'm trying to find ways to offset the massive decrease in speed(For those who don't know, Bloatmages are always considered as carrying a medium load - after taking a few levels in the Bloatmage prestige class, they lose another 10 feet on top of that). So, I'm looking for ways to enhance move speed short of making a custom race with the Race Builder.

The speed decrease effects all non-magical forms of movement, but I would like to not have to rely on items for it, and be able to do so with feats, racial traits, or skills. This isn't PFS or anything, so anything that is justifiable by the books is fine.

Alleran
2013-03-17, 09:01 PM
If you're willing to risk it, then drawing the Cricket card followed by three other cards from a Harrow Deck of Many Things will net you +30 feet to your base land speed.

avr
2013-03-17, 09:27 PM
Ride something. So long as the new enhanced you is within the mount's light load (which can in turn be enhanced by spells or items) your speed is effectively the mounts'.

Play a dwarf. Medium load is no longer an issue. Now cast fly or alter self or expeditious retreat or something to get a decent speed.

Cast Phantom Steed. Carries the riders weight plus up to 10 pounds per caster level and less likely to cause issues than a real horse.

Preaplanes
2013-03-17, 10:43 PM
There's a quick and dirty Trait from Unearthed Arcana that increases Base Movement by 10 for the price of 1hp/level.