PDA

View Full Version : Because darkness isn't always evil 3.5/P [PEACH]

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 12:29 AM
The Savonian Shadow Lord
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs30/f/2008/137/6/7/Shadow_Warrior_by_HikzBR.jpg
"People fear the darkness because monsters live in it. Monsters fear the darkness because I live in it." -Savos Nightheir, Shadowlord

Darkness is one of the fundamental forces of the universe. Often it is portrayed as evil, a beast that wishes only to devour the whole of creation. The Savonian Shadowlord is a realist, one who understands that darkness is not wicked or malicious, and that it can be used against evil to great effect.

Prerequisites
Alignment: Any non-evil.
Feats Darkstalker.
Skills Stealth 6 ranks, Knowledge (Planes) 6 ranks. (For 3.5 conversion, swap stealth to hide, and change skill ranks to 9 from 6.)
BAB +6.
Special Must have overcome a level appropriate challenge involving stealth (or in which stealth was used) without having been detected.

Hit Die: d8

Class Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+1|+2|+2|Shadow Pool, Scything Finesse

2nd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Cloak of Shadows

3rd|+3|+2|+3|+3|Darksight, Grasping Shadows

4th|+4|+2|+4|+4|Shadow Step, Dark Guardians

5th|+5|+3|+4|+4|Allied Shadows

6th|+6|+3|+5|+5|Swift Shadows, Piercing Shadows

7th|+7|+3|+5|+5|Dark Stride

8th|+8|+4|+6|+6|Umbral Tide

9th|+9|+4|+6|+6|Consume Shadows

10th|+10|+5|+7|+7| Tenebris Aeterna

[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Savonian Shadow Lord.

Shadow Pool(Su)
Through force of will and practiced skill, the fledgling Shadowlord gains some control over the darkness
At 1st level the Savonian Shadowlord (henceforth referred to as the Shadowlord) gains a pool of Shadow Points, equal to his Cha modifier + his Shadowlord class level. The Shadowlord's pool automatically refills each day at dusk. At first level he may spend one point to gain one of the following bonuses for one minute. These are all insight bonuses, as they represent the shadows' silent counselling.

- Cha modifier to Stealth rolls
- Cha modifier to attack rolls
- Cha modifier to initiative rolls
All Shadowlord abilities that cost shadow points take one standard action to use, unless otherwise noted.

Scything Finesse(Ex)
Shadows are quick, and dance lightly across their foes
Starting at 1st level, the Shadowlord may use part or all his dexterity bonus instead of his strength for attack and damage rolls with any slashing weapons. He may not add more than his class level in this way, even if his dexterity bonus is high enough to add more.

Cloak of Shadows(Su)
The shadows would not see their lord harmed in battle so easily
Starting at 2nd level, as long as the Shadowlord has one or more points remaining in his shadow pool, all attacks have a percentage chance to miss him, equal to 5% per shadow point, up to a maximum of 50%. This concealment does not function in direct natural sunlight, although a daylight spell or similar effect will dispel it for 1 minute.

Shadowsight(Su)
The shadows whisper silently, keeping their lord ever informed
As long as the Shadowlord has one or more points remaining in his shadow pool, he gains blindsense equal to 5ft per 2 shadow points in his pool. By spending 2 shadow points, the Shadowlord may gain blindsight with a range equal to his blindsense for 1 minute. This ability does not function in direct natural sunlight although a daylight spell or similar effect will dispel it for 1 minute.

Grasping Shadows(Sp)
The shadows will take a form now, to hold their enemies in place
At the cost of 1 shadow point, the Shadowlord may use Black Tentacles, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level. In direct natural sunlight, the tentacles last only half as many rounds as normal.

Shadow Step(Sp)
Shadows are ever moving, and their lord must be as well
At the cost of 1 shadow point, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Dimension Door spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

Dark Guardians(Sp)
The shadows can take another form now, to fight their enemies face to face
At the cost of 2 shadow points, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Shadow Guardians (from Races of Destiny) spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level. The constructs created by this effect gain a bonus on attack rolls equal to the Shadowlord's remain shadow points as long as they remain within 10ft per class level of him.

Allied Shadows(Su)
The shadows will help those whom their lord calls a friend
Allies of the shadowlord gain blindsense equal to half of the blindsense granted by the Shadowsight ability, as long as they remain within 10ft/level of the Shadowlord. If the Shadowlord grants himself blindsight through his Shadowsight ability, his allies also gain blindsight, out to their blindsense range.

Swift Shadows(Su)
Blades flicker like shadows, and shadows cut like swords
At the cost of 1 shadow point, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Haste spell as a swift action, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

Piercing Shadows(Su)
Shadows cut deeper than any sword, parting flesh as easily as they part light
Shadowlord may spend 2 shadow points to resolve all melee attack rolls as touch attacks for one round/2 Shadowlord levels. In addition, the Shadowlord may choose one successful attack per round as a free action. That attack is not subject to damage reduction, except DR/- and DR/epic.

Dark Stride(Su)
Darkness exists everywhere, and it will takes its master wherever he desires to go
At the cost of 1 shadow point, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Shadow Walk spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

Umbral Tide(Su)
As the battle breaks out, the shadows flow freely, enveloping all
When making an initiative roll, the Shadowlord may spend 2 shadow points to duplicate the effects of a deeper darkness spell, except that its radius is equal to 5ft x the Shadowlord's initiative check. This effect has a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level, and may not be used if the Shadowlord is flat footed.

Consuming Shadows(Su)
There is much power, hidden away from the light. There are also great prices to pay
In a ritual that takes one minute, the Shadowlord may willingly take 4 points of constitution burn to refill his shadow pool. This ritual is extremely dangerous, and so it requires complete concentration. He is considered helpless as long as he is undergoing the ritual, and may not stop it once he has begun.

Tenebris Aeterna(Su)
The shadows recognize their new master, and will shroud him from any harm
The Shadowlord has reached the pinnacle of his abilities, and is truly a force to be reckoned with. While not in direct sunlight he gains spell resistance equal to 10 + his remaining shadow points and may, once per round at the cost of 2 shadow points, take an extra standard action. This spell resistance may be raised and lowered as a free action.

Well, there it is. This is my first 'official' piece of homebrew (as in one I've posted online) and so any and all thoughts are welcome. I apologize for any newbie mistakes, and will try to answer any questions as soon as I can. Oh, and I understand that it uses the Pathfinder skill system, but references 3.5 material (Darkstalker, Shadow Guardians, etc). My group is pretty open to merging the two, so sorry for any confusion.

wayfare
2013-03-18, 12:57 AM
Thematically, it is very nice, and very much in the vein of the cooler non-caster class in 3.5 I'd play it!

Now, you might get a few comments on the inclusion of spells as class features. generally, folks prefer that as a casting sidebar with full spell lists. As this guy is a primary combat character, I'm thinking its ok to leave teh class as is -- this guy is not a caster, he's Jackie Estacado with a sword :)

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 01:02 AM
You're right, there are a bunch of spells-as-class features; it's based off a gestalt umbral disciple/sublime chord I ran for a while. Honestly this class was mostly just pruning off the unnecessary bits. Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-18, 01:08 AM
This PrC looks pretty cool. Thematically its amazing, and the abilities all look well made. Like many I am partial to spell casters, but for this I'd think I could make an exception. I think this would do well, at least thematically, in a character with other PrCs like (some needing conversions) Shadowsmith, Shadowdancer, and Telflammar Shadowlord.

Maquise
2013-03-18, 06:36 PM
The wording of Umbral Tide confuses me a little. Can it only be used during the round initiative is rolled, or any time the Shadow Lord isn't flatfooted?

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 07:10 PM
I'll clear up the wording - my intent was to only make it usable immediately after initiative is rolled. I'm a sucker for big cinematic stuff, so its meant to be a cool (and mechanically useful) way to start a fight.

bobthe6th
2013-03-18, 07:32 PM
Ok, PEACH time. I am only going to pick at the mechanical issues, so take this as you may...

Going in BOLD!

Prerequisites
Alignment: Any non-evil
Feats Darkstalker
Skills Stealth 6 ranks, Knowledge (Planes) 6 ranks
Other BAB +6, must have overcome a level appropriate challenge involving stealth (or in which stealth was used) without having been detected

Seems odd to make it nonevil... as an assassin would be nice with this honestly. The feat isn't much of a tax, and the skill are ok... though you should mention that in non Pathfinder games it is 9 ranks.

Hit Die: 1d8

Ok, I guess...

Class Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Ok skills, though I'm not sure what 4+int gets you with pathfinder skills. YMMV

Shadow Pool
As the Savonian Shadowlord (henceforth referred to as the Shadowlord) enters the class and gains some measure of control over the darkness around him he gains a pool of Shadow Points, equal to his Cha modifier + his Shadowlord class level. The Shadowlord's pool automatically refills each day at dusk. At first level he may spend one point to gain one of the following bonuses for one minute. These are all insight bonuses, as they represent the shadows' silent counselling.

- Cha modifier to stealth rolls

Hmm... I could see letting them add class level to damage with the cha mod to attack rolls. Make it a proper smite.

Scything Finesse
The Shadowlord may use his dexterity bonus instead of his strength for attack and damage rolls with any slashing weapons.

Solid... though I fear this might make it a dip Prc, as +Dex to damage is a pain to get otherwise.

Cloak of Shadows
As long as the Shadowlord has one or more points remaining in his shadow pool, he gains concealment from all attacks equal to 5% per shadow point, up to a maximum of 70%. This concealment does not function in direct sunlight.

Some heavy concealment... there are ways of getting around it, but it is still strong. Might want to make this either activatable, or drop the miss chance to 50%

Shadowsight
As long as the Shadowlord has one or more points remaining in his shadow pool, he gains blindsight equal to 5ft per 2 shadow points. This blindsight does not function in direct sunlight.

I mean... this is strong for level 9. perhaps blind sense into blind sight at a higher level.

Grasping Shadows
At the cost of 2 shadow points, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Black Tentacles spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level. In direct sunlight, the tentacles last only half as many rounds as normal.

Ok, the first of the spell like abilities. 2 shadow points is a lot for a 4th level spell... 10% deflection and 10ft blindsight. I almost say the same for most of the spell like abilities.

Allied Shadows
Allies of the shadowlord gain blindsight equal to half of the blindsight granted by the Shadowsight ability, as long as they remain within 10ft/level of the Shadowlord.

Very powerful... still nice.

Swift Shadows
At the cost of 1 shadow point, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Haste spell as a swift action, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

This is a solid class feature.

Piercing Shadows
As a swift action the Shadowlord may spend 2 shadow points to resolve all melee attack rolls as touch attacks for the next minute. In addition, the Shadowlord may choose one successful attack per round as a free action. That attack is not subject to damage reduction, except DR/- and DR/epic.

Gah... that is really strong. touch attacks are a bit crazy...

Umbral Tide
In the heat of battle, the shadows flow freely, enveloping all
As a free action after making an initiative roll, the Shadowlord may spend 3 shadow points to duplicate the effects of a deeper darkness spell, except that its radius is equal to 5ft x the Shadowlord's initiative check. This effect has a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

I mean... it is nice, but

Consuming Shadows
There is much power, hidden away from the light. There are also great prices to pay
In a ritual that takes one minute, the Shadowlord may willingly take constitution drain equal to half of his remaining Con score to refill his shadow pool. This ritual is extremely dangerous, and so it requires complete concentration. He is considered helpless as long as he is undergoing the ritual, and may not stop it once he has begun.

Ouch... but seems repeatable. Also restoration gets rid of drain, so if you can get a few castings free shadow points refill!

Tenebris Aeterna
The Shadowlord has reached the pinnacle of his abilities, and is truly a force to be reckoned with. While not in direct sunlight he gains spell resistance equal to 10 + his remaining shadow points and may, once per round at the cost of 3 shadow points, take an extra standard action. This spell resistance may be raised and lowered as a free action.

Wow... extra standard is very nice. Another passive defense...

Thing I suggest, add a blurb at the begining of each ability that tells you what level the ability is gained on. Without that the class is a bit hard to read.

Also, label an ability as either (Ex), (Su), or (Sp).

ThatOneGuy79
2013-03-18, 08:20 PM
I really like the class as is. I honestly could see a great niche for them to fit into my campaign world, if I could have permission to do so.

@ bobthe6th: The point was specifically made that he wanted the class to be nonevil.

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 08:24 PM
I would be honored if you used it! :smallbiggrin:
Let me know how it goes. Also, made some changes. Point costs reworked, cloak of shadows nerfed, piercing shadows nerfed, and Shadowsight has been reworked. Should be a little more balanced now.

Ellye
2013-03-18, 08:30 PM
I really like the theme and feeling, and the mechanics seem nice. I like it, would play it.

Temotei
2013-03-18, 09:35 PM
Prerequisites
Alignment: Any non-evil
Feats Darkstalker
Skills Stealth 6 ranks, Knowledge (Planes) 6 ranks
Other BAB +6, must have overcome a level appropriate challenge involving stealth (or in which stealth was used) without having been detected
Hit Die: 1d8

Standard formatting of prestige classes has a period at the end of every line, like this:

Alignment: Any non-evil.

Feats, Skills, and Other all need a colon after. For 3.5, would Stealth translate to Hide and Move Silently or just Hide for the purposes of entering this class?

Other would also not normally be a category. Base Attack Bonus would be its own while the other prerequisite would be in a category called "Special." It also looks like you need just one Hit Die of the d8 size to qualify, when you really mean to have d8 be the class's Hit Die size. You'd want it to just say "d8" since "1d8" technically means you only get one Hit Die for the entirety of the class.

Class Skills:
Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Looks fine.

Quick note: Classes have a little section after their table like this:

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Savonian Shadow Lord.

On to the abilities!

Shadow Pool
As the Savonian Shadowlord (henceforth referred to as the Shadowlord) enters the class and gains some measure of control over the darkness around him he gains a pool of Shadow Points, equal to his Cha modifier + his Shadowlord class level. The Shadowlord's pool automatically refills each day at dusk. At first level he may spend one point to gain one of the following bonuses for one minute. These are all insight bonuses, as they represent the shadows' silent counselling.

- Cha modifier to stealth rolls

This is cool. Stealth should be capitalized (skill name), though. Does spending points require an action? If it doesn't, can you spend points when it's not your turn (For example, if you get ambushed and caught in a surprise round, could you quickly spend a point to gain your Charisma modifier to initiative?)? Is spending a shadow point an extraordinary or supernatural ability (or neither)?

Also, this is the only class feature that doesn't have an italicized note above it. Is that because it sets up the rest of the class or is there another reason?

Scything Finesse
The Shadowlord may use his dexterity bonus instead of his strength for attack and damage rolls with any slashing weapons.

Best dip ever for anyone who focuses on Dexterity, but then you have to wait until you get this class to have Weapon Finesse, which kind of stinks. Still, you're saving two feat slots (Weapon Finesse and Shadow Blade) and getting both of their benefits without restrictions right away. Maybe you could cap the bonus to your class level and remove the cap at 5th level? You could also grant Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat at 1st level and then give Dexterity modifier to damage at some other level (somewhere in the 3rd and 5th range is probably best).

Anyway, I like the feature, but it makes the class very dip-worthy.

Cloak of Shadows
As long as the Shadowlord has one or more points remaining in his shadow pool, he gains concealment from all attacks equal to 5% per shadow point, up to a maximum of 70%. This concealment does not function in direct sunlight.

First, concealment grants 20% miss chance (total concealment grants 50%). Any instances of concealment should be renamed to "miss chance." If you were looking for an ability to allow Hide/Stealth checks, just state that separately, though, again, it's hide in plain sight, but better, so the class is very dip-happy so far. This is on the new version, not on this version.

Shadowsight
As long as the Shadowlord has one or more points remaining in his shadow pool, he gains blindsight equal to 5ft per 2 shadow points. This blindsight does not function in direct sunlight.

Looking at the new version, clarify whether sunlight-replicating effects negate this ability.

Grasping Shadows
At the cost of 2 shadow points, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Black Tentacles spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level. In direct sunlight, the tentacles last only half as many rounds as normal.

This should be a spell-like ability. Spells are usually formatted in italics, but not capitalized, like black tentacles. I'll just stop saying anything about sunlight effects now.

Shadow Step
Shadows are ever moving, and their lord must be as well
At the cost of 2 shadow points, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Dimension Door spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

Still a spell-like ability.

Dark Guardians
The shadows can take another form now, to fight their enemies face to face
At the cost of 3 shadow points, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Shadow Guardians spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level. The constructs created by this effect gain a bonus on attack rolls equal to the Shadowlord's remain shadow points as long as they remain within 10ft per class level of him.

You should probably put a note somewhere in the post saying that shadow guardians is from Races of Destiny. For Pathfinder players, you may want to allow another spell, though that's probably not necessary since you can just port the spell.

Allied Shadows
Allies of the shadowlord gain blindsight equal to half of the blindsight granted by the Shadowsight ability, as long as they remain within 10ft/level of the Shadowlord.

Does the new version allow allies to gain blindsight if the shadowlord has spent 2 shadow points to grant himself blindsight?

Swift Shadows

This is good.

Piercing Shadows
As a swift action the Shadowlord may spend 2 shadow points to resolve all melee attack rolls as touch attacks for the next minute. In addition, the Shadowlord may choose one successful attack per round as a free action. That attack is not subject to damage reduction, except DR/- and DR/epic.

That's a really long time to have touch attacks and free hits. I'd recommend going with a duration of 1 round/4 levels (your new version with 1 round/level makes it a longer duration than 1 minute (10 rounds) even at the level you get it), which puts the cap at 5 rounds, which is really long anyway. Also, the successful attack choice shouldn't require an action, since it's just deciding which attack hits, not an additional action.

Dark Stride
Darkness exists everywhere, and it will takes its master wherever he desires to go
At the cost of 2 shadow points, the Shadowlord may duplicate the effect of a Shadow Walk spell, with a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

A'ight.

Umbral Tide
In the heat of battle, the shadows flow freely, enveloping all
As a free action after making an initiative roll, the Shadowlord may spend 3 shadow points to duplicate the effects of a deeper darkness spell, except that its radius is equal to 5ft x the Shadowlord's initiative check. This effect has a caster level equal to 10 + his Shadowlord class level.

This is cool. Three shadow points is a steep cost for deeper darkness, though, even taking into account the fact that you and your allies basically ignore it. I'd say 2 points is a fine cost, considering its 1/day limit in the rewritten feature.

EDIT: Also, since this is a free action, you won't be able to drop the effect until it's your turn. Is that intended? If not, I'd say make it either an immediate action or just make it cost no action at all.

Consuming Shadows
In a ritual that takes one minute, the Shadowlord may willingly take constitution drain equal to half of his remaining Con score to refill his shadow pool. This ritual is extremely dangerous, and so it requires complete concentration. He is considered helpless as long as he is undergoing the ritual, and may not stop it once he has begun.

Oof. That's scary. Better hope you have someone with restoration or UMD and a scroll around. It's very strong, though.

Tenebris Aeterna
The Shadowlord has reached the pinnacle of his abilities, and is truly a force to be reckoned with. While not in direct sunlight he gains spell resistance equal to 10 + his remaining shadow points and may, once per round at the cost of 3 shadow points, take an extra standard action. This spell resistance may be raised and lowered as a free action.

Looks good.

There might be a few things from the old version that I forgot to change, but the rest is on the newest version (I have it open in a separate tab.).

Overall, the class is pretty decent, though a few things need clarification. All of the spell-like abilities should probably be denoted as such (Sp), as well. You should also say what your spell-like ability save DCs scale on (probably Charisma). Lastly, I'm not really sure that allowing spending extra shadow points to lower action costs is a good thing. I felt like it was fine before that change went in.

EDIT: Oh, and there wasn't anything particularly non-evil about the class other than the opening fluff. Is that intended?

JoshuaZ
2013-03-18, 10:12 PM
"When spending shadow points to active a class feature"- active should be "activate" I think.

The capstone of an extra standard action is powerful.

Consuming Shadows- this ability is unbalanced. Pretty much no one is going to ever use it unless they have an easy way of healing con drain in which case this isn't very helpful. It probably makes more sense for this to use ability burn rather than drain.

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 10:13 PM
Hah. It has been made better. Scything finesse is no longer the best dip ability ever, formatting is reworked, abilities are clarified, the once-per-day clause that was on the wrong ability is now in its rightful place, the gimmicky bit about more point for swift action abilities is gone, and piercing shadows is less crazy now. Should be better.

EDIT: and Joshua is probably right. Back to work for me.

Temotei
2013-03-18, 10:13 PM
Consuming Shadows- this ability is unbalanced. Pretty much no one is going to ever use it unless they have an easy way of healing con drain in which case this isn't very helpful. It probably makes more sense for this to use ability burn rather than drain.

I can get behind this if the burn is reduced to something like 2 ability burn.

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 10:17 PM
It's now 4 points of burn - a little over the top, but it's not meant to be regularly used. Too much? Thoughts?

Temotei
2013-03-18, 10:18 PM
It's now 4 points of burn - a little over the top, but it's not meant to be regularly used. Too much? Thoughts?

Sounds good.

JoshuaZ
2013-03-18, 10:45 PM
Looks good. This now looks like a reasonably balanced PrC with a nice bit of flavor. One other typo- "Often it is portrait as evil"- should be "portrayed" but I don't see any others.

Also, what does Savonian refer to this? Is this something in setting or what?

I like this enough that I can already think of a few character ideas that would go well with it.

An elite assassin who works with a group of shadowdancers to take down tyranical nobles.

Or a happy-go-lucky warrior who decided to go out adventuring because life is fun and then found out about this path from talking to a grim Savonian Shadow Lord. He decided to go down the path mainly for showing the other Lord that you could be happy and fun while using shadow.

I think this just got added to the list of PrCs I need to play at some point.

anacalgion
2013-03-18, 11:37 PM
Savos (as in the quote under the picture and the namesake for the class) was a scythe-wielding gestalt sublime chord/umbral disciple of mine. There was enough extra stuff in both classes, and enough that I didn't quite get to do, so I figured I could make one class for good-aligned, shadow-based warriors. Love the character ideas by the way, that's exactly what it's for. Glad you like it.

Temotei
2013-03-19, 03:13 PM
EDIT: Also, since this is a free action, you won't be able to drop the effect until it's your turn. Is that intended? If not, I'd say make it either an immediate action or just make it cost no action at all.

EDIT: Oh, and there wasn't anything particularly non-evil about the class other than the opening fluff. Is that intended?

I figure you probably missed these (or at least the first part).

anacalgion
2013-03-19, 07:46 PM
Fixing the first part. You make a good point. And yeah, it's fluff. I only did a bit because I wasn't sure how much fluff people want in their homebrew. Anyways, thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it, and if you ever want me to peach something, let me know.