PDA

View Full Version : How Should We Finish This Build? (Pandyman, Get in Here lol)

Sugashane
2013-03-18, 01:17 AM
Going to be in a campaign and another character is going to be running my Warlock's little brother, and is getting to start at level 10 since he just got back from his tour. My character will be: Bard 1/ Marshal 1/ Binder 1/ Warlock 6/ Hellfire Warlock 1/ Legacy Champion 10, to be our main damage source (A glaivelock/ diplomancer). My background was being the son of an ambassador, who traveled and listened to the debates and discussions from a distance growing up.

So he will also be a Bard 1/ Marshal 1/ Binder 1/ Warlock 1/ Cloistered Cleric 3/ Eldritch Disciple 10/ ________.

We are trying to get a 25 level build set, and we want him to get into level 9 spells. I know Warlocks don't gain access to Mystic Theurge as a warlock cannot qualify for prestige classes with spellcasting level requirements, as he never actually learns to cast spells.

So should he just go back to Cloistered Cleric or is there another class that would be beneficial?

My char's ref- http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14277542#post14277542

RaviStrife
2013-03-18, 01:56 AM
Personally, I've always been a huge fan of the BardLock (Bard/Sublime Chord Theurged with Warlock). Imagine running the raw power of a Sorcerer fused onto the endurance chassis of a Warlock...Plus charisma synergy. Add Arcane Spellsurge and you're just begging to dish out the hurt.

The trouble of course is getting both into the desired ranges for casting. You only need 16 levels of Lock to pick up a Dark invocation, but a full 9 levels of Sublime Chord (and the requisite 7 Levels of bard for entry). Precocious apprentice can help some, but frankly I've never been able to wrestle the levels just right for it short of the standard Legacy champion shenanigans advancing beyond 10 levels of Eldritch Theurge.

I would appreciate feedback on the concept- It may be more suited to the blasting and diplomancy role than your current build.

Sugashane
2013-03-18, 02:29 PM
I like the idea but it seems to be a gesalt build more than anything.