PDA

View Full Version : War Domain and EWP

Gildedragon
2013-03-18, 02:15 AM
I keep seeing it (the war domain granted power) being recommended for the acquisition of EWP. The SRD, however, has it saying it provides MWP. So is it just a common house rule that it provides EWP or is there some rules backing for this being the case?

It is not that I am opposed to the notion; it strikes me as most reasonable, but I've never seen anyone recommending this approach acknowledge its house-rule status or anyone challenge said advice.

ArcturusV
2013-03-18, 02:17 AM
It's probably because the Gods originally in the Player's Handbook all had martial weapons as their favored weapons. Least the ones with the War Domain. Probably has to do with some deity that has an exotic weapon as their favored weapon.

Curmudgeon
2013-03-18, 02:33 AM
That would definitely be a house rule. One of the minor advantages that Favored Souls (Tier 2) have over Clerics (Tier 1) is that they get proficiency with their deities' favored weapons, regardless of weapon type. Clerics don't need further boosting.

Krazzman
2013-03-18, 04:23 AM
That would definitely be a house rule. One of the minor advantages that Favored Souls (Tier 2) have over Clerics (Tier 1) is that they get proficiency with their deities' favored weapons, regardless of weapon type. Clerics don't need further boosting.

A Cleric of Kossuth (Favoured Weapon = Spiked Chain) gets the War Domain. What happens?

Greenish
2013-03-18, 04:25 AM
A Cleric of Kossuth (Favoured Weapon = Spiked Chain) gets the War Domain. What happens?He gets the feat Martial Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain. It's probably not useful for him unless he can tread Spiked Chain as a martial weapon (such weapon familiarity with Spiked Chain, Darguun Mauler feat, etc.).

[Edit]: It's kinda like how the domain power of The Spirits of the Past doesn't usually do anything.