PDA

View Full Version : Low abilities, help needed

Galdor Miriel
2013-03-18, 10:27 AM
We just rolled for a new campaign and I was at the low end....

Str 13
Dex 14
Con 7
Int 11
Wis 13
Cha 14

I was curious if any one might have some fun ideas for optimizations.

I was thinking Dwarf Rogue, take some levels in scout and the feat for sneak attack/precision damage being the sum of levels.

I could also take a race that boosts dex or cha and eat the hit point reduction.

Any ideas play grounders?

All books are legal, I will have to swing a race by the dm, but if it is not too crazy it might get past.

ArcturusV
2013-03-18, 10:32 AM
Well... that's not really bad at all. I mean I know someone might point out that it's worse than if you had some 30 Point Buy or something. But it's entirely serviceable. You could easily run a Druid or Sorcerer off that. I wouldn't suggest rogue too much due to needing to be in melee to do things in battle and having a fairly low Con and lower AC. I might suggest going Scout or Ranger if you want to do Archery, you could pull off either type.

danzibr
2013-03-18, 10:46 AM
Ouch, that 7 con hurts. Really hurts.

Be a Dread Necromancer and become a Necropolitan asap?

Yeah, that's what I'd do. Stats are decent for it.

Galdor Miriel
2013-03-18, 10:51 AM
Ouch, that 7 con hurts. Really hurts.

Be a Dread Necromancer and become a Necropolitan asap?

Yeah, that's what I'd do. Stats are decent for it.

Is that evil? I have to be good. I can't play evil dudes as it goes off the rails to quickly. My imagination is too powerful.

supermonkeyjoe
2013-03-18, 10:51 AM
With those stats you would make a perfectly passable Warlock, just be invisible and flying and sniping people from a distance all the time so the low HP never really comes into effect.

Greenish
2013-03-18, 10:57 AM
Is that evil? I have to be good. I can't play evil dudes as it goes off the rails to quickly. My imagination is too powerful.Dread Necromancers (HoH) don't have to be evil, and necropolitans (LM) can be good, if my memory serves. That, and/or warlock are probably some of your better options. Just remember to never get hit. :smalltongue:

Galdor Miriel
2013-03-18, 11:03 AM
Right. Got it. Don't get hit. Don't get hit.

Warlock sounds fun actually, and so does the dread necromancer. The necro would be interesting for role play sure enough.

Just need a race to boost the charisma.

Preaplanes
2013-03-18, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't suggest rogue too much due to needing to be in melee to do things in battle

Hand crossbows using Hide to Sneak Attack from 30 feet (60 if you get Crossbow Sniper) doesn't work all of a sudden?

Greenish
2013-03-18, 11:10 AM
Right. Got it. Don't get hit. Don't get hit.

Warlock sounds fun actually, and so does the dread necromancer. The necro would be interesting for role play sure enough.

Just need a race to boost the charisma.You'd probably rather boost the constitution, unless you're positive you can make it to becoming Necropolitan.

Still, (lesser) aasimar is a nice race, and you get to play against the type, as it were.

GreenSerpent
2013-03-18, 11:16 AM
I'm not sure, but I think if a Dragonfire Adept becomes undead their Breath Weapon DCs switch to CHA. Could be quite interesting.

Oh. And consider asking your DM if there is a way to get a Custom Item that grants the Unholy Toughness ability granted. That would give you a really good boost.

Amnestic
2013-03-18, 11:17 AM
Sparrow Hengeyokai Warlock. In Sparrow form, it sets your physical stats at Str 1, Dex 23 (!), and Con 10.

And with the Dragon Magazine #318 update, it's LA+0.

Alternatively, Tibbit (Dragon Magazine) Warlock. Drops your strength by -10 (minimum 3) in Cat form, but also grants an extra +4 Dex as well. No Con change. You're also a lazy kitty. With any luck the small size and long range means you'll be out of any hairy situations where your low Con would hinder you.

KoboldCleric
2013-03-18, 11:19 AM
Kobold Sorcerer. 1hp/level is no problem for you. You laugh at lesser beings that aren't immune to hp damage.

Galdor Miriel
2013-03-18, 11:28 AM
Sparrow Hengeyokai Warlock. In Sparrow form, it sets your physical stats at Str 1, Dex 23 (!), and Con 10.

And with the Dragon Magazine #318 update, it's LA+0.

Alternatively, Tibbit (Dragon Magazine) Warlock. Drops your strength by -10 (minimum 3) in Cat form, but also grants an extra +4 Dex as well. No Con change. You're also a lazy kitty. With any luck the small size and long range means you'll be out of any hairy situations where your low Con would hinder you.

Hilarious. Might be a bit limited as far as other aspects of the game when in sparrow form. Kill button with eldritch blast, but am a bird......

The tibbit is kind of cool as well, could play it as a very mischievous fellow...

GreenSerpent
2013-03-18, 12:23 PM
A pity you can't go Psionic Sandwich. That would be quite amusing. Books may fly though.