PDA

View Full Version : Frenzied Berserker and other classes

Man on Fire
2013-03-18, 02:51 PM
Discussion in Berserk thread over attempts to stat out the main character of that manga, which, if you're curious, goes around question if Warblade levels fits his fighting style, got me wondering - what are some good multiclassing options for Frenzied Berserker? aside from what seems to be standard - Barbarian/Fighter with eventual two-level dip into Psychic Warrior, I rarerly saw other classes or PrCs mixed with this PrC. therefore, I'm startign this thread - what are some good builds with Frenzied Berserker as primary PrC, that goe beyond the standard? Should FB take levels in Warblade or Crusader (as there are arguments over Iron Heart Surge, please consider both options - that it would or wouldn't work) and what to remember if you take them? How about combining with Bear Warrior (Barbarian 2/Fighter 2/Fist of the Forest 3/Bear Warrior 5/ Frenzied Berserker 8 maybe?) or Runescarred Berserker? Or War Hulk? Maybe some other class would mix well?

Greenish
2013-03-18, 03:24 PM
Champion of Gwynharwyf might be interesting, and Righteous Wrath is definitely a great feat for FBs. Otherwise, yeah, can't really go wrong with Warblade or Crusader. I do have a soft spot for Fist of the Forest, but getting both PrCs is going to eat your feats like anything.

Immabozo
2013-03-18, 04:15 PM
Steadfast Determination is a must with frenzied berserker, whatever the build! (Con instead of wis to will saves? yes please!)

Man on Fire
2013-03-18, 04:20 PM
Question about FB and Warblade/Crusader I have is this:
If Frenzy reuires me to attack to the best of my ability, does that means I have to use maneuvers whenever the opportunityy arises for them to. Or if I even can use maneuvers in Frenzy.

Darius Kane
2013-03-18, 04:24 PM
If Frenzy reuires me to attack to the best of my ability, does that means I have to use maneuvers whenever the opportunityy arises for them to.
Yes.

Or if I even can use maneuvers in Frenzy.
Crunch-wise - yes. Fluff-wise - no.

Greenish
2013-03-18, 04:30 PM
Crunch-wise - yes. Fluff-wise - no.I wouldn't say any maneuvers have fluff that'd be at odds with frenzy, except for the ones that don't work anyway (ie. the diamond mind concentration ones).