PDA

View Full Version : How does LA work for NPCs in e6?

jebbewocky
2013-03-18, 06:03 PM
I want the party to fight a vampire, and a were-rat.
Both of those are either out of scope (vampire), or the point buy reduction for the LA makes them weak (were-rat).

I'm assuming I should just use the Elite Array and ignore LA, since they're NPCs and go by the CR instead..but...

help?

Fates
2013-03-18, 06:30 PM
For NPCs, you can use the CR adjustment rather than LA, as the ECL of NPCs is for the most part inconsequential, even in an e6 game.

Urpriest
2013-03-18, 06:37 PM
For NPCs, you can use the CR adjustment rather than LA, as the ECL of NPCs is for the most part inconsequential, even in an e6 game.

More to the point, NPCs don't use point-buy anyway, so you couldn't apply the old standards. Remember that there is a level cap of 6, not a CR cap.

Waddacku
2013-03-18, 07:16 PM
There is also not a governing body of E6 decision makers who will come down upon you if you make the wrong decision.

Anyway, level adjustment is just a thing for PCs. It has nothing to do with anybody else.

jebbewocky
2013-03-18, 10:30 PM
I was more worried about my players being like "Uh..That guy HAS to be over ECL 6" and not having anything to say to it, but "ECL is irrelevant for NPCs" pretty much handles it.

:P