PDA

View Full Version : Before RHoD

isotunknown
2013-03-18, 08:36 PM
I've decided to DM RHoD for my group this summer, when we'll all have a lot more time for gaming. Anyway, I'd like to build up to it with a few adventures. My plan is to have them begin RHoD proper upon reaching 6th level. I want to give them a good six levels to really bond and I'd like adventures that help them prepare for RHoD while at the same time are interesting unto themselves. I'm open to the creativity of the forums. Thanks.

Big Fau
2013-03-18, 09:34 PM
I'm personally trying something I saw online about adapting the Barrow of the Forgotten King, the Sinister Spire, and Fortress of the Yuan-Ti to an overarching Elder Evils game. I plan on having the RHoD take place during the FotYT, and having the Vanguard of Sertrous be manipulating the Red Hand into summoning the lesser Aspect of Sertrous.

Then, once RHoD is done, it's straight into the Elder Evils version of Sertrous.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-03-18, 09:44 PM
I've thought on using Forgotten Forge into Shadows of the last war as a preamble of Red Hand of Doom when set in Eberron. Azzar Khul is looking for either weapons or something that might help summon Tiamat in the ancient Cannith forges. It also dovetails nicely with the Vault of Vraath Keep adventure hook if the Cannith sponsor whose name I don't remember gives the map, or you could slightly adapt it and have one of the Hand's operatives appear at the end of it.

Not sure how it would work in the end.

isotunknown
2013-03-19, 10:16 PM
Thanks. I'll check these out. My hope is to put some teasers/hints/prognostications into whatever adventures I go with.

What about these adventures is particularly appealing as a lead in?

I'd still appreciate any other suggestions people have.

ShriekingDrake
2013-03-20, 02:05 PM
Have you considered the excellent Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury as a start? You may need another one in there to round out the set, but you could certainly put some clues in the latter module by tying Nightscale to the Red Hand.