PDA

View Full Version : SW Saga Game - Concord

Pages : [1] 2

Empedocles
2013-03-18, 09:20 PM
The players begin play having all been mysteriously invited to the newly constructed, massive skyhook above the planet Ryloth. Referred to as Concord, the skyhook was built by the Outer Rim Trade Coalition in celebration of a newly acquired agreement with the twi’leks living on Ryloth. Ideally, Concord will bring flourishing trade to the backwater planet in exchange for the ORTC gaining a monopoly on the native Ryll spice.

Players may make Knowledge (Galactic Lore) checks to learn more about the Outer Rim Trade Coalition, or the planet Ryloth.

Concord itself is a marvel of engineering. It’s shape somewhat resembles an upside down pyramid, although it has quite a dramatic curve. The uppermost decks are reserved for the leading members of the ORTC and representatives of the Twi’lek meritocracy. The PCs themselves are on the middle deck, and have yet to become acquainted. Officially, they were invited as part of a random selection process designed to bring people from all walks of life to witness the new addition to the Trade Coalition.

The players begin in a dimly lit cantina. Take a moment to introduce yourself and describe your character.

Recruitment Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275334)

OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14921548#post14921548)

Henry the 57th
2013-03-18, 09:41 PM
Jelena is sitting in a somewhat isolated table at the cantina, slowly sipping her drink. Even at a distance, she clearly projects the image of a person one does not casually mess with. A heavy blaster pistol is holstered on her hip, frag grenades on her utility belt, and a force pike on a strap on her back, along with a jetpack. She is wearing loose-fitting, long tunic and pants in brown and black, with black boots. Unknown to the world, a hidden sheath in her right boot conceals a Jedi's lightsaber, where she can easily reach it. What little skin shows on her is very pale, her eyes are a pleasant shade of blue, and her red hair is cut short and relatively unfashionably.

Her table is more notable for the pair of droids standing at watchful attention over it. A pair of old B1-A Air Attack droids, formerly soldiers for the Confederacy of Independent Systems. In the years since their shutdown at the end of the Clone Wars, their symbols of allegiance have been removed and their paint job has deteriorated, but they remain fully functional, and keep a watchful eye out for their mistress.

Knowledge (Galactic Lore): [roll0]

Maxios
2013-03-18, 09:48 PM
You would see Dirk Edwins sitting in a small booth in the cantina's corner. He's a muscular man, with emerald green eyes and dark, messy brown hair. If it wasn't for the scars on his face, he could be considered attractive. He's wearing an azure jacket over a bandolier and a white shirt. He's also wearing a holster on his hip; and a blaster pistol is holstered in it. On his other side is a sheathed vibro-blade. Finally, he has a glass with a dark green liquid on the table in front of him.

Empedocles
2013-03-18, 09:57 PM
Jelena, you recall a fairly substantial amount regarding Ryloth and the Trade Coalition.

Ryloth is a famously neutral planet and ancestral home of the twi'lek species. It's unique orbit causes one side of the planet to be perpetually scorching hot, and the other half to be deathly cold. It is also very important as the sole producer of the spice ryll.

The Trade Coalition has, interestingly enough, functioned almost as an independent government separate from the Empire, yet has gone almost completely unchallenged as long as it stick to the Outer Rim. It has been often accused of not having the Outer Rim’s best interests at heart. However, even it’s critics agree that the semblance of government it has brought to certain sectors may outweigh the negatives of falling under their control. Unfortunately, much of the profit associated with being under the ORTC is reportedly being funnelled to the exclusive council members of the Coalition, and has yet to trickle down to the planets under its dominion.

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-18, 10:20 PM
Beside Jelena is an old, scuffed MK droid. It sits on its treads, and its mismatched photoreceptors occasionally scan the room. He turns to Jelena, "Wonderful station they have here! Still has that new skyhook smell." MK-42 sighs wistfully.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-18, 10:32 PM
Jelena's mouth twitches with a slight smile as she raises one eyebrow. "You have olfactory detectors?" she says in an amused tone as she takes another sip of her drink.

Empedocles
2013-03-18, 10:45 PM
I want to get one more post in today, so Argulga is still on his way to the cantina.

A tall, muscular trandoshan enters the room, heavily armed. In his arms he hefts a powerful looking blaster rifle, and a vibro-ax is slung over his back. He clears his throat, then says - once in basic, and then again in High Galactic - "Nobody leaves until somebody hands over a man by the name of Saul Antilles. You have 5 minutes."

He positions himself in front of the door, blaster raised, and waits. There's a tense moment during which the PCs may act however they deem appropriate.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-18, 10:50 PM
The droids react predictably, leveling their own guns at the offender, but holding fire at a gesture from Jelena. She gets up and walks closer to the Trandoshan, the droids marching behind her in lockstep. They do not cease aiming their wrist weapons at him. When she gets near, she asks, in a quiet voice that can be heard over the shocked silence, "Who is he, and why do you want him?"

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-18, 10:55 PM
MK-42, curious, rumbles after his mistress, coming to stop just behind one of the battle droids.

Maxios
2013-03-18, 11:06 PM
Dirk takes a sip from his glass and watches the Trandoshan and Jelena; an amused look on his face.

Empedocles
2013-03-18, 11:08 PM
The trandoshan growls menacingly.

"Saul Antilles. Former member of the Senate. Retired 23 BBY. Rumored to be harboring dangerous terrorists known as 'Jedi,' and called in for questioning. The Coalition wants him, the Empire wants him, and the Hutts want him. I want to give him to the highest bidder. No more questions. Where is he?"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 12:20 AM
"I'll see what I can find." Jelena says, turning to walk away. She does, and the droids follow. As soon as she sees that she and her droids are safely out of a grenade blast radius, she whirls around, grabs a frag grenade from her belt, hurling it at the Trandoshan. "Kill him!" she roars to the droids, who open fire.

Jelena's frag grenade: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Droid 1 blaster: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Droid 2 blaster: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 12:27 AM
One of the droids blasters fires wide, but the rest strike true. As the dust settles from the grenade, the trandoshan roars. He is bloodied, but far from finished, and releases a volley of blaster bolts at Jelena.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 12:31 AM
Jelena calmly dodges his clumsy shot, throwing another grenade while the droids continue to fire.

Frag grenade: [roll0]

Droid 1: [roll2]

Droid 2: [roll4]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 12:34 AM
This time, not a single shot hits, and the explosion only clips the trandoshan bounty hunter.

"You're on the wrong side!" he growls, before firing again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 12:46 AM
"You're trying to hold me hostage!" yells Jelena in reply. She draws her own heavy blaster pistol and fires.

Heavy Pistol: [roll0]

Droid 1: [roll2]

Droid 2: [roll4]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 12:50 AM
While the droids miss again, Jelena's blast strikes the bounty hunter square in the chest. He reels back, but does not fall. After a moment, he drops his blaster.

"I submit," he growls reluctantly. "But if Saul Antilles is here, and you prevented me from apprehending him, your lives are forfeit."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 12:52 AM
"Look." Jelena says. "I don't care about some prey of yours. But I will not be held hostage. Kick your gun to me. Then the rest of your weapons." She keeps her pistol leveled at him.

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 12:55 AM
The trandoshan does as she says.

"If you hold me hostage, my employers in the Coalition will find you, and soon.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 12:59 AM
Jelena gestures to the weapons. "Pick them up." she tells the droids. When they do, she holsters her pistol. "I have no interest in a hostage or your death. There's no profit in that. But I am interested in this bounty of yours." She gestures to her table. "Come. Sit. I'll buy you a drink. I'd like to talk to you for a while."

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 01:01 AM
All around, the cantina seems to come back to life as the trandoshan sits nearby.

"I must respect client confidentiality, but beyond that, I have no allegiances. Speak, and I may answer, warrior woman."

McTurbo
2013-03-19, 01:02 AM
Argulga sneaks into the cantina, trying to keep to the shadows. He has the brown, wrinkly skin that most Dug have and he is wearing a loose, brown robe that covers most of his body, save for his arms that he uses for walking, which are being mostly covered by black leather. Having heard sounds of combat, he stealthily moves away from the cantina entrance and the nearby combatants, towards the table left empty by Jelena.

Rolls:
Knowledge (Galactic Lore): [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 01:05 AM
In addition to everything described above, Argulga knows the following about the planet Ryloth and the Coalition:

All life on Ryloth itself exists on a small band between the two extreme halves of the planet.

The ruling member of the ORTC, a man known as Darius, is a complete mystery. Nobody knows where he came from or what his motivations are, but whispers hint of a connection to the Empire itself.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 01:06 AM
"Simply put, who is this man in more detail, who wants him, and what's the bounty? And I wouldn't advise trying anything." Jelena says, gesturing to the two droids whose blasters remain aimed squarely at the man's head. She takes a sip of her drink.

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 01:12 AM
The bounty hunter seems to relax quite quickly, considering he's been blasted mostly to death. He sips at his drink, then says,

"Saul Antilles was a young, promising senator who resigned almost immediately after the Battle of Geonosis. He was too much of an idealist to support the wars. Most of his life has been spent in humanitarian activities. Most people would call him a philanthropist." The bounty hunter snorts derisively. "Rumor has it that Saul harbored a Jedi padawan following Order 66. Nobody knows where, or why the Empire seems to think that. Saul would be the man to ask if it's the Jedi you're looking for."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 01:16 AM
"What's the bounty on Mr. Antilles, and who's offering? Furthermore, what makes you think he's here?"

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 01:22 AM
The trandoshan orders another drink, jokingly telling the bartender to put it on Jelena's tab, before answering.

"The bounty for Antilles is upwards of 5000 credits, offered by the Empire. I was hired by a particular individual within the Empire, and my own contacts provided me with this location. It shouldn't take long for the Empire or the Coalition to realize he's here also, but if I can find him first, I can still claim the bounty."

He finishes off another drink.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 01:33 AM
"Unfortunately, you look to be in no condition to claim it by yourself." Jelena barely resists flashing a cheeky grin with that statement. "I think, perhaps, that you should go and seek another bounty. After giving me all the information you have on him, including pictures, holos, etc., of course." Jelena finishes her own drink.

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 01:38 AM
The trandoshan takes a long pause, then hands over a small, old fashioned picture showing a man in his late 60s. He looks fairly normal, if slightly worn, and sports a distinctively braided white beard.

"Saul is still here. I wish you luck on claiming the bounty. However, I should warn you, that you're playing a very dangerous game here. It could quickly devolve into you becoming enemies of the Empire. The trandoshan gets up and begins to walk out of the cantina. He pauses by the exit "My employer was a Mandalorian going by the name of Khan Vizsla. A true warrior, by all accounts. Take care not to make enemies in high places." The bounty hunter walks out.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 01:46 AM
Jelena gives him a faint smile as he leaves, before turning her attention back to the picture. "Well, I suppose I might as well." She gets up to look around for Mr. Antilles.

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 01:49 AM
As she does so, a man with several nicks from a recent shave makes a not-so-subtle scramble for the exit.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 01:53 AM
Jelena sighs slightly and walks over to him, droids bringing up the rear, her hand near her blaster.

"Really?" she asks, her eyebrow raised.

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 02:08 AM
Saul Antilles looks around desperately, then sighs, defeated.

"Turn me to the Empire if you must. I will not betray those who have put their faith in me."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 02:18 AM
Jelena sighs. "Ah, the martyrdom complex. I've seen plenty of that." She gestures to the table. "Come, have a seat."

Reaching out with the Force, she touches his mind, projecting a few words. You ought to be thanking me for your rescue, old fool.

Jelena walks back to her table, allowing the droids to shepherd the old man, if need be.

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-19, 02:35 AM
"Such an amateur move, taking hostages like that. Only a fool would expect success." MK shakes his head sadly. Then he brightens up a bit, glancing at Saul, "Hello! I am MK-42. It is good we were here. Good for you, at least."

McTurbo
2013-03-19, 03:08 AM
Argulga decides is time to act and leaves the shadows of the corner of the cantina and sits down into the table Jelena is using. He looks at the old man. "Saul Antilles, I presume? I couldn't resist the opportunity to listen to that conversation of yours after seeing you perform that pathetic excuse of a... I don't even know what you were trying to accomplish. Anyway, back to subject." Argulga looks at Jelena with a grin on his face. "You don't seem to be that eager to hand him over to the Empire, but 5000 credits sounds quite creditable to me. Give me one good reason to to not turn this guy over to the officials."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 03:16 AM
Jelena smiles at the intruding creature. "Better yet, I'll give you three." She whips out her blaster, while the droids level theirs. "Now, you can sit down and join this discussion like a reasonable sentient, or I can blow your head off. What'll it be?" Her smile never fades.

McTurbo
2013-03-19, 10:38 AM
Argulga looks at the blaster in Jelena's hand calmly. "I asked you for only one good reason, not three. As for your suggestions, I'm sadly unable to sit down considering I already did. As for the latter one, I can't do that either since I have already joined this discussion and I do appear to be a reasonable sentient." Argulga flashes Jelena a smile. "And I do prefer to keep my head intact. Now, don't mind me. Just go on ahead and continue the conversation I interrupted."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 10:49 AM
"Keep an eye on him." Jelena tells the droids, putting away her own blaster for now. She turns her attention back to Saul. "Now then, Mr. Antilles, I've heard the Empire's offer of 5,000 credits. As I have no great love for the Empire, let it be known that I am accepting counteroffers."

Maxios
2013-03-19, 11:51 AM
Dirk takes one last drink from his glass and stands up, and walks over to the table. He then looks at Antilles and says "Apologies for interrupting this fascinating conversation," he says, "but I'm interested in finding out what you did to annoy the Empire that badly."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 12:14 PM
Jelena looks up and sighs as the man joins in. That's two. Two too many. This place is too public.

To the Dug and the human, she says, "Perhaps we should leave before half the cantina decides to join in this little conversation." Getting to her feet, she motions for the rest to follow her. As she is sure the droids will handle Mr. Antilles, she walks onwards, not looking back. Before exiting, she gives the bartender a friendly smile, apologizes for the noise and mess, and tips him a few credits.

After exiting the cantina, she heads to the nearest back alley or otherwise secluded and empty place she can find, before speaking to Mr. Antilles again. "Now then, the man asked you a question. I'm curious as well. And my openness to counteroffers still stands."

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-19, 12:39 PM
"You can trust us, human. If we meant you harm, you'd be dead."
Deception: [roll0]

Maxios
2013-03-19, 12:48 PM
Dirk looks at Jelena and says "The man has a name. Dirk Edwins, bounty hunter."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 01:53 PM
"Jelena. Mercenary, bodyguard, murderer if need be."

"And these," Jelena indicates the B1-A droids, "Are brainless automata numbers one and two. They don't have independent thought or personality, so don't bother trying to talk to them. Old CIS junk."

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-19, 02:00 PM
"And I hide the bodies!" MK says cheerfully.

Maxios
2013-03-19, 02:53 PM
"I've never used a droid to help me." Dirk says. "If I bought a droid, and went after a man with mechanical skill...he could hack the droid and turn it against me. Too risky."

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-19, 02:55 PM
Yes, and all you fleshies need to turn is a handful of creds."

Maxios
2013-03-19, 02:57 PM
Dirk leans against a wall and says "Which is why I haven't worked with another 'fleshie' in a very long time."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 03:01 PM
"And now you know why all they have are remote processors. They don't have the brain capacity to turn against me. As to organic minions, I agree. The closest I've ever come to death was when organics I'd worked with for a very long time and thought loyal betrayed me and tried to kill me. Since then, I've learned to prize the mindless loyalty of droids."

McTurbo
2013-03-19, 03:09 PM
After Argulga follows the humans and the droids as they leave the cantina for some privacy, he listens as the humans introduce themselves to each other and discuss about working with droids and 'fleshies'. "Since everyone is introducing themselves, I guess I could do that too. Argulga, mercenary, bounty hunter, bodyguard, assassin, whatever you want. I work solo."

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 03:23 PM
Antilles seems incredibly nervous and jittery as he begins to speak. "I...I can't offer you more then 2000 credits. The rest I need for...I need the rest. I'm sorry. As for what I did to the empire..." he glances nervously at Dirk, "reportedly, I'm harboring a Jedi..."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 03:35 PM
Jelena reaches out with the Force to try and affect his mind. "Perhaps you should go into more detail about this Jedi, Mr. Antilles."

Mind Trick: [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 03:49 PM
Saul Antilles stutters for a moment, then says

"The last of my fortune is being used to put together an alliance of sorts...headed by the Jedi Knight...Poe Ranuk.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 03:55 PM
"Good, good. Go on, please." Jelena smiles, while wracking her memory for anything she knows about Poe Ranuk.

Knowledge (if needed): [roll0]

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-19, 03:58 PM
Hmmm. Poe Ranuk.
Knowledge, might as well try: [roll0]

Maxios
2013-03-19, 04:09 PM
Dirk thinks for a moment as he tries to remember if he's heard anything about Poe Ranuk.
Knowledge [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 04:16 PM
MK-42 turns up a file on one Poe Ranuk.

"Jedi - Active as General on Planet Kashykk circa 23 BBY - unknown. Presumed deceased. Species unknown. No images available. Notable for archaeological services rendered prior to the outbreak of the Clone Wars, and for other contributions of a historical nature. No more information available."

Antilles takes a deep breath, then continues to speak. "Poe came to me only a decade ago. He'd been surviving on his own. He wants to start a rebellion against the Empire. I've been funding him for some time now."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 04:21 PM
"And where might I find this Poe?" Jelena continues to smile reassuringly at Saul.

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 04:31 PM
"And where might I find this Poe?" Jelena continues to smile reassuringly at Saul.

"He...he stays on board a ship. A CR70 corvette called the Liberator. It's landed on Ryloth now...

It should really strike Dirk and Argulga as odd that Antilles just gave them all this information so easily.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 04:35 PM
Jelena smiles again. "Thank you very much, Mr. Antilles. Now then, unless anyone has any other questions," She looks around briefly at the others, continuing if they don't say anything. "If I may, I suggest that you pay us the 2000 credits in thanks for rescuing you, and then run along back to your allies, forgetting everything of this encounter beyond our rescue of your person from the bounty hunter."

Maxios
2013-03-19, 05:08 PM
"You may also want to learn how to shave." Dirk says, smirking slightly.

McTurbo
2013-03-19, 05:09 PM
Argulga thinks for a while, trying to recall any information about Poe Ranuk and the ship, Liberator. "No questions."
Knowledge for Poe Ranuk: [roll0]
Knowledge for Liberator: [roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-19, 08:03 PM
Antilles hands over the credits, and hurries away, confused, but looking slightly admonished.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-19, 08:17 PM
Jelena smiles as she takes the credits and watches the man go. I earned money, cultivated good will with a rebel group, and subtly spat in the Empire's face. Excellent.

With that, she turns to the two sentients before her. "Gentlemen. You may be wondering why I accepted his credits and declined to turn him over to the Empire for the bounty. The reason is quite simple - profit. One way or another, a Jedi is worth quite a lot more than a paltry 5,000 credits. Turning him in would have risked antagonizing the Jedi and his group at best, or at worst causing them to flee for the void, beyond our reach. Whereas letting him go in such a manner ensures he will tell them about how we rescued him from the clutches of a vicious bounty hunter, earning us goodwill with the group and giving us the opportunity to interact more closely with it. From there, we can decide what option will benefit us most - to turn the Jedi over to the Empire, to work with him, or something else. I propose that, for the time being, we join forces for our mutual benefit in such an endeavor. Do we have an agreement?"

Assuming agreement, Jelena speaks to MK-42. "I want you to get me every last piece of data you can find on the Liberator, particularly it's travel logs and official ownership."

Maxios
2013-03-19, 09:38 PM
"For the moment, we do." Dirk says. "But once we find this Jedi and decide what to do with him, I'm gone."

McTurbo
2013-03-20, 12:44 AM
"I was thinking quite similarly. A Jedi is worth much more than 5000. With more people, we have a much higher chance of succeeding. Were we to engage in combat with a Jedi, we would have a better survival rate. Though the survival rates are still quite questionable." Argulga looks at the humans and the droids. "So, what should we do? Any ideas?"

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-20, 01:59 AM
MK goes to the nearest scomplink access, and begins to work his magic on the computer systems.
Taking ten for improve access from indifferent to friendly for a total of 26. -2 for indifferent for 24 vs the computers will.

If that succeeds, another at 26 plus the computer's intelligence bonus to improve it to helpful(admin).

If the computer's int bonus is +4 or more, ill take 10 for 30 to access all the information on Poe Ranuk, the Liberator, including travel logs, official ownership, etc. If the computer int is less, then:
[roll0] +the computer's int.

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 06:35 AM
Records on Poe Ranuk are nonexistent, but you do discover a few mentions of the ship Liberator. It arrived from <origin unknown> three days ago, and is parked in the Gru'don Spaceport.

Gru'don is one of Concord's "base" ports - which is to say, traffic between there and the skyhook is fairly common, and transport there should be easy to obtain.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 07:40 AM
Jelena looks at the Dug. "Ideas for what? Fighting Jedi, or just what to do now? If it's about Jedi, then my advice is to keep your distance, attack from opposite sides, and never let those shiny swords of theirs near you. If it's about what to do next, I advise waiting for MK-42 to get that data we need. I find he's quite good at that."

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-20, 09:46 AM
Hmm. Not much there. Oh well. MK uses his hacked admin access to set up a backdoor, just in case. He turns to Jelena, "There isn't much in their systems. Nothing on Ranuk, and the Liberator is parked over at the Gru'don spaceport. The spaceport might have more on travel logs and official ownership, but I'd need an on-site access."

Use computer to set up a password protected admin access, making sure to conceal the account.
[roll0] +the Concord computer's int bonus

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 09:51 AM
"Well then, unless anyone has any objections or better ideas, I say we go to the Gru'don spaceport to find the ship and the Jedi." says Jelena.

McTurbo
2013-03-20, 11:06 AM
Argulga nods. "Agreed. It's not like we have much else to do. Gru'don seems like a good idea."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 11:24 AM
Shuttles depart to Gru'don from each level of Concord every hour. The next is leaving in less then ten minutes.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 11:34 AM
Jelena heads towards the nearest shuttle to Gru'don, unless Dirk or MK-42 object.

Maxios
2013-03-20, 12:03 PM
"He wasn't telling the whole story," Dirk says as they head to the shuttle, "Antilles gave us the information too easily. For all we know, we could be walking into a trap."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 12:07 PM
"I assure you," Jelena says with a slight smile. "That everything he said was true."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 04:02 PM
You arrive to the departure station with a few minutes to spare. The room is wide and resembles a modern day airport gate somewhat. Two Coalition soldiers stand guard by the entrance to the shuttle taking passengers down to the Gru'don Spaceport.

As you enter the departure area, however, you see a familiar reptilian face. Flanking him are two men dressed in heavy armor.

"That's them, right there" grunts the trandoshan, pointing at you.

Knowledge checks to identify the origin of the armor, anybody?

Initiative, for if you guys decide to attack first: [roll0]

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 04:05 PM
"Oh, hello again." says Jelena, nonplussed, doubting that they will simply attack unprovoked in the presence of so many armed guards and security scanners. "What do you want?"

Knowledge: [roll0]

Maxios
2013-03-20, 04:10 PM
Dirk looks at the two men in armor, and tries to remember if he's ever seen armor like that while on a job.
Knowledge: [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 04:11 PM
The trandoshan grins maliciously.

"My bounty. Where is Antilles?

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 04:14 PM
Jelena sighs. "Regrettably, he is what happens when you entrust a valuable prisoner to mindless automatons - he gave them the slip while we were talking."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 04:17 PM
The trandoshan narrows his eyes suspiciously.

Dirk, as a bounty hunter, I'll rule that you're automatically familiar with the Mandalorian armor these two warriors are wearing.

Jelena skipped a Deception check so I'll roll one here: [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 04:21 PM
After a tense moment, the trandoshan turns around, signaling to his accomplices. "Find the droids! We'll deal with these four later." They hurry off.

Soon, you're onboard the shuttle to Gru'don. It's tightly packed, but you notice that an unusually large number of the people onboard are wearing Coalition uniforms. The atmosphere is tense. Take a moment to discuss among yourselves possible courses of action - the roar of the engine should prevent unwanted ears from listening.

Maxios
2013-03-20, 04:21 PM
"That was...surprisingly easy." Dirk says. "I have to admit, I was expecting a fight."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 04:31 PM
Jelena shrugs. "I wasn't. I recognize his type. Beings like that are violent and impulsive, but more importantly, stupid." Over the engine roar, she says, "Once we get there, let's head towards the Liberator at all speed. With bounty hunters on the tail of their sponsor, they'll be gone very soon if they have a lick of sense. So we should waste no time."

Maxios
2013-03-20, 04:34 PM
"Do you think we'll run into some of the other bounty hunters on the way to the Liberator?" Dirk asks.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 04:40 PM
"Unlikely. Antilles wouldn't give up that information to just anyone, after all, and few are those who know the interrogation methods of Dathomir." Jelena says, hinting that she is of that infamous planet of witches. "And, if any knew, the Empire would be in a state of virtual frenzy."

McTurbo
2013-03-20, 04:42 PM
"I hope we won't meet anyone. Considering he said 'We'll deal with these four later.', I'd say it's safe to assume that we might be hearing about that guy later on. We have gotten ourselves an enemy and I hope we won't get more." Argulga checks his equipment under the robe. "Though even if we do meet other bounty hunters, I'm sure we can handle them."
Knowledge for the armor: [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 04:44 PM
Argulga, you also recognize the armor as Mandalorian in origin.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 05:08 PM
Jelena grins. "Naturally."

Maxios
2013-03-20, 06:26 PM
"I'm almost hoping we run into them," Dirk says, "Eliminating a few idiotic bounty hunters would be a service to the galaxy."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 06:41 PM
"Amusing though it might be, it might well attract the wrong kind of attention. Furthermore, if bounty hunters are seeking the ship, we should leave or join them - the Empire will be hot on their heels, if not with them already."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 08:04 PM
The shuttle lands without incident. Coalition members hurry off and disperse quickly.

The Gru'don spaceport is busy and crowded and steaming hot, as it's located quite close to the sun lands - the hemisphere of Ryloth perpetually facing its sun, too hot to sustain any meaningful forms of life. You catch a few glimpses of tall men clad in heavy armor identical to the armor worn by the trandoshan bounty hunter's companions. They pay you no special attention, but seem to be on high alert. Passengers from Concord and twi'lek crowd the exits, which lead into a small twi'lek city; more of an outpost really.

You hear a shout, as a richly dressed twi'lek exiting one of the shuttles from Concord falls to his knees. He cries out, "Catch that thief!" yet there seems not to be anybody nearby.

MK-42's sensors, however, pick up something everybody else missed. As the twi'lek falls, a shadowy figure surveys the scene and, appearing satisfied, seems to slip out of the crowd and out of sight.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 08:21 PM
Jelena reaches out with the Force to see if she can detect the thief.

Sense Surroundings (success allows me to ignore concealment/cover): [roll0] vs. 15

Immediately followed by Perception: [roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 08:25 PM
She detects nothing out of the ordinary, save a shocking amount of indifference towards this twi'leks plight. He stands up and looks around desperately.

"Please, somebody help me!"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 08:28 PM
He looks rich. Worth at least a peek. Jelena thinks.

She walks over to the man. "What happened?"

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 08:32 PM
He looks up nervously at Jelena and her old, used droids.

"I...I have a, um, a meeting. Out in the sun lands...they stole the map to the starship the, erm, meeting was on. I need to get there soon! Please help me!"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 08:35 PM
"What starship?" she asks, gears in her head turning, "And how soon?"

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 08:38 PM
The twi'lek hesitates, then says, "The Liberator. In 3 hours."

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-20, 08:57 PM
Seeing the shadowy figure leave, MK pops out his secondary movement system, sets his commlink to send its location to Jelena's, and lifts off after the person.
Activating my exclusive flight system, flight 12. After the villain! How good a look did i get? I have darkvision, if that helps. I'll also make sure to store the visual record in my core.

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 08:59 PM
What you saw was really just a brief moment, and he was heavily robed. As of right now, you're inside, so flight...possibly not the best idea?

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-20, 09:09 PM
Rockets shutting down, tracks engaging, MK says in a disappointed voice, "Looks like he'll get away. Too many fleshies. I'd burn them if I tried to fly over them."

Maxios
2013-03-20, 09:16 PM
"Had to be one of the other bounty hunters." Dirk says.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 09:18 PM
"Which way is he going?" asks Jelena. To the Twilek, she asks, quickly. "Can you pay? And make it a good offer - you don't have time to argue."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 09:19 PM
The twi'lek says, nervously, "3000 credits. I can't offer more then that."

MK didn't see where exactly the man went, unfortunately.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 09:24 PM
"Fine." she says, "Which way was he going when last you saw him?" she asks the Twi-lek.

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 09:57 PM
The twi'lek seems to grow confused for a moment, then says suddenly, "Aha! I know where they went. I forgot, there's a way to track the stolen item via the HoloNet. I knew I had those safety precautions installed for a reason!" He pulls out a small handheld device and studies it for a moment.

"He's nearby. In a housing complex...there isn't much information on it, but please! Hurry! If you can get it back to me in the next hour...4000 credits!"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 10:24 PM
"Where in the complex? Floor? Approximate location within?"

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 10:26 PM
"Close to the ground, so the first floor, most likely. I can't pinpoint it any closer then that."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 10:29 PM
Jelena shows her wrist comlink. "Can you upload the map to my comlink? It has full display capability, including holos, if you've got them."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 10:32 PM
The twi'lek takes a long pause, then says, "I don't think they're compatible...I can take you there, however."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-20, 10:42 PM
"Fine, but watch yourself. This could get ugly." Jelena says. She turns to the B1-As, pointing to one at random. "You. Take all the possessions from the bounty hunter, find somewhere unobtrusive, and stand there. Don't allow anyone else to take any of the possessions. Go!" Once the droid has done as bidden. she looks back at the Twi'Lek. "Lead us there as quickly as you can."

Empedocles
2013-03-20, 10:46 PM
I'm going to allow some time for other people to post.

McTurbo
2013-03-21, 12:53 AM
As Argulga follows the Twi'lek's lead he turns to Jelena and Dirk. "We need to be careful. We don't know if the thief has accomplices, and if he does, we might be walking right into an ambush."

Empedocles
2013-03-21, 09:16 AM
The twi'lek leads you outside, to what looks like it once might have been a nice, apartment type building. Time, however, has ravaged it greatly; it's dilapidated and emptied out. A shell, really, of what it was. The main door - a sort of revolving, circular thing not unlike a camera lense - has been ripped out and is lying broken on the street a few feet from the entrance.

Maxios
2013-03-21, 01:26 PM
"An ambush? Sounds fun." Dirk says. "So, which of us is going in first?"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-21, 01:46 PM
"I suppose I will." she says, "Lead on." she says to the Twi'Lek.

McTurbo
2013-03-21, 02:56 PM
Argulga follows a couple meters behind Jelena while drawing his weapons under the cover of his robe, trying to keep the movement unnoticed.
I take 10 for Stealth to draw my pistols, bringing the result to 25.

Empedocles
2013-03-21, 03:28 PM
The twi'lek looks around nervously for a moment, as if searching for a way to avoid leading the group. There's a pause, he shakes his head for a moment, and then walks over to the opening doorway, and steps inside.

Do you follow him in?

Henry the 57th
2013-03-21, 03:30 PM
Jelena draws her pistol and motions for the B1-A to go in first.

Empedocles
2013-03-21, 04:21 PM
The droid seems to enter without incident. It glances around for a moment, but there aren't any lights in the building.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-21, 04:42 PM
Jelena follows, cautiously, ordering the droid to follow the Twi'Lek. She follows it.

Maxios
2013-03-21, 05:36 PM
Dirk enters as well.

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-21, 08:41 PM
MK follows the others in, looking around in the shadows that blind his fleshie companions. Good thing his vsion is superior and isn't hampered by such basic things as lighting.

Empedocles
2013-03-21, 09:35 PM
MK follows the others in, looking around in the shadows that blind his fleshie companions. Good thing his vsion is superior and isn't hampered by such basic things as lighting.

MK, you see, standing in the far corner and apparently waiting for you, the same shadowy figure from the spaceport.

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-21, 09:47 PM
Jelena gets a commlink message from MK. "Target in the far corner. Same guy from the spaceport. Engage?"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-21, 10:07 PM
"Negative, unless he makes aggressive moves. Negotiations preferable."

Jelena looks in the indicated corner, to see what she can see.

Use the Force (Sense Surroundings): [roll0] vs. 15
Perception: [roll1]

McTurbo
2013-03-22, 01:09 AM
Argulga follows the others in, keeping to the shadows, surveying the room they are in.
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-22, 06:52 PM
Jelena, you are able to sense the mysterious cloaked stranger, and detect his approximate position. He's standing maybe 25 feet away. More importantly though, you sense the Dark Side, emanating like a wave from him. More powerful then anything you've sensed since Order 66.

Argulga, you too are able to discern his approximate location.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-22, 07:44 PM
Jelena barely restrains herself from showing the fear that suddenly wraps itself around her chest. Instead, she points at the figure's location. "There he is."

At a gesture, the B1-A halts its march and turns to face in the direction. Jelena keeps her blaster trained on him. "What is it you want here? And with us? You could have gotten away easily, but you didn't. Why?"

Empedocles
2013-03-22, 07:51 PM
There's a dark laugh from the man that sends shivers down your spines (save MK...). "Escape? It is you who need escape."

The twi'lek suddenly turns around to look at you, looking very confused and frightened. His leku seem to bristle nervously. "I...I'm terribly sorry but...who are you people?"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-22, 08:01 PM
To the Twi'Lek, Jelena says, "Shut up. Someone here has been using you to lure us here, and I doubt he intends any of us well."

Jelena slowly backs away from the figure, keeping the droid between it and herself as she moves towards the door. "You lured us here. Why? What do you want with us?"

Empedocles
2013-03-22, 08:21 PM
"A friendly warning. Pursuing the Jedi will end only in death. To continue would be...foolish."

Henry the 57th
2013-03-22, 08:27 PM
"How would you know anything about what we're doing? Who are you? And why don't you come out of those shadows and show your face?" Jelena has backed up practically to the door, her mindlessly fearless droid continuing to impose itself between her and the man.

Empedocles
2013-03-23, 12:27 PM
The man emerges slightly from the shadows, revealing that he is also clad entirely in Mandalorian armor beneath his robes. However, he says nothing.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-23, 01:41 PM
"A Mandalorian? I thought your people hated the Force."

Empedocles
2013-03-23, 05:21 PM
"All generalizations are false."

:smallwink:

Henry the 57th
2013-03-23, 05:50 PM
"Why are you so concerned for our lives?"

Empedocles
2013-03-23, 10:53 PM
Again, the stranger makes no reply. Outside, Dirk hears vague shouts.

Maxios
2013-03-24, 12:54 AM
Dirk unholsters his gun and turns to look at the doorway. "We have company."

McTurbo
2013-03-24, 01:45 AM
"That's no good, given the current situation." Argulga moves to the doorway, looking outside while trying to still stay unnoticed to the company Dirk mentioned.Forgot to do the rolls, putting them on the OOC thread.

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-24, 03:16 AM
"Oh, good. I was beginning to get bored. Jelena, mistress, may I put holes in these ones? Please?"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-24, 04:13 AM
"Assuming they don't try to help us? Knock yourself out."

Empedocles
2013-03-24, 07:43 PM
There's a somewhat distant blast, which sounds to you like a thermal detonator. A few moments later, you here the sounds of people approaching. However, you don't see anybody directly outside the door. Nobody enters. The mysterious dark sider chuckles.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-25, 02:28 PM
Jelena carefully steps out the door, looking around.

Empedocles
2013-03-25, 09:10 PM
A man in Mandalorian armor is standing directly outside the doorway, to the right, ten feet back. Perhaps fifty feet back, you see a group of Coalition enforcers clustered behind a portable shield generator, while the trandoshan bounty hunter from before and a mandalorian ally of his crouch behind some rubble.

The mandalorian by the door open fires at Jelena as soon as she steps outside.

Attack: [roll0]

Henry the 57th
2013-03-25, 10:39 PM
Jelena yells at the her companions and the droid. "Kill him!" she yells, pointing to her attacker.

Jelena Heavy Blaster: [roll0]

Droid Blaster: [roll2]

Empedocles
2013-03-25, 11:12 PM
Both blasts smash into the attacker's chest, sending him reeling backwards. He immediately turns to flee.

Over where the trandoshan and his ally are battling Coalition enforcers, the trandoshan lobs a thermal detonator, killing the two of enforcers who remain.

Initiative for the trandoshan and the other mandalorian: [roll0]

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-25, 11:21 PM
A compartment in MK-42 pops open, revealing a blaster pistol, which he smoothly draws, opening fire.
Set to stun.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 12:02 AM
The stun blast careens past the fleeing mandalorian, who is almost to a corner that, should he turn around it, would put him out of sight.

The trandoshan's mandalorain ally raises a blaster rifle and autofires at Jelena, her droid, and MK-42 (who have all come out of the building since they attacked the mandalorian).

I'm assuming they're all in the same 2x2 square radius. If anybody has a valid reason that one of them shouldn't be caught in the attack, post OOC or in a spoiler.

Attack: [roll0] On a miss, you still take half damage because of autofire. Damage: [roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 12:03 AM
Somehow...the mandalorian's aim is simply atrocious. He fumbles in an incredibly uncoordinated manner, and the blaster fires into his foot. He drops the rifle and curses loudly.

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 12:15 AM
Snarling at his partner's incompetence, the trandoshan releases a shot from his blaster pistol at Jelena.

Attack roll: [roll0] andddddd damage roll: [roll1]

If this is also a natural 1, I'm contacting an administrator.

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 12:19 AM
Critical doubles the damage to 26. I believe I just smashed your damage threshhold as well. That's -1 along the condition track for you.

Mithric Gunn
2013-03-26, 12:25 AM
Mk fires once again at the fleeing fleshie.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 12:27 AM
MK-42's attack catches him square in the back of the helmet, and he crashes to the ground, a charred mark on the back of his armor.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-26, 12:38 AM
Jelena screams in agony as she is hit by a shot from a blaster, blowing through even her Force abilities. She hurls a grenade at the Transdoshan and his Mandalorian partner, while retreating and ordering the B1-A forwards. "Butcher them!" she screams.

Jelena throws a frag grenade at the lizard and retreats to behind the wall by the door, where she cannot be seen.

Grenade: [roll0]

Droid marches forwards and assumes Jelena's place before firing at the Transdoshan, or Mandalorian, if the grenade kills Mr. Scaly first.
Blaster: [roll2]

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 12:40 AM
The grenade fells the trandoshan almost immediately, blowing him to little scaly pieces. The mandalorian, however, seems only mildly hurt. You notice however, that his blaster rifle is suspiciously devoid of blasts - presumably, he used his autofire one too many times.

McTurbo
2013-03-26, 08:34 AM
Argulga watches amusedly as Jelena and the droids battle outside. As Jelena retreats inside, he sighs loudly. "Really? One hit and you retreat? Pathetic. I guess I have to do something about the situation.
Argulga steps outside and opens fire on the mandalorian.
Using rapid shot with one pistol against the mandalorian.
Attack: [roll0]
Desperate Gambit, applies on miss:
[roll2]
Since the first roll misses, I use DG's roll and take -2 to reflex defense.

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 09:54 AM
The blaster smashes into your enemy's shoulder, but he doesnt fall.

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 08:16 PM
Dirk is somewhat stuck in the doorway. His delay gives the mandalorian another chance to act. He reaches into his pocket, retrieving what appears to be a frag grenade, takes a few steps forward, and hurls it with all his might.

Advances to close range before throwing. Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]
At this point, Argulga, MK-42, and the droid that's still outside will be caught in the blast, barring reasonable doubt to the contrary (make an argument as to why your safe OOC, if you must)

Henry the 57th
2013-03-26, 09:08 PM
The B1-A is barely grazed by the shrapnel, the majority either missing or simply glancing off its metal surface. Knowing neither fear nor pain, it simply continues to follow its orders - terminate the enemy.

Jelena pokes her head and arm around the doorframe to take her own shot at the enemy.

Heavy Blaster Pistol: [roll0]

Droid Blaster: [roll2]

Empedocles
2013-03-26, 09:27 PM
The mandalorian seems to sort of stumble around, but he does not fall. He begins to reach into a concealed pocket...

An invisible crash of energy smashes into him, knocking him to the floor and snapping his neck in a violent display of power. Appearing as if out of nowhere, the man from inside the building emerges. He casually reaches down to the now dead mandalorian, and withdraws what you quickly recognize as a thermal detonator.

"I may have just saved your life. I'll do it again. The twi'lek noble I used to lure you here is a representative of one of Ryloth's most powerful men. A rogue noble, calling himself Roru'sha. He is funding your mysterious Jedi and his rebellious efforts. But I warn you, it is for naught. Ranuk is virtuous, but Roru'sha is not. If you wish to know the full truth, go not to Ranuk's stronghold, but rather back to Concord. Find Roru'sha, and interrogate him."

The dark sider turns, and leaves.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-26, 09:41 PM
Jelena gives the B1-A a new order. "Loot their bodies." she says, pointing to the corpses of the enemies and even the Coalition enforcers. "Bring me everything of worth."

While the droid sets about its new task, Jelena looks to the others. "I say we find the Jedi first. A Mandalorian who uses the Force and kills his kin like that has broken their rules of honor, and cannot be trusted. Then we investigate this noble, if we wish."

McTurbo
2013-03-29, 01:48 AM
"Agreed. We can't trust the mandalorian and if we go meet this Roru'sha, we might lose the opportunity to get to the jedi. They might be alerted to our presence and then he would most likely go hiding somewhere else." Argulga looks at the droid fetching the equipment of the fallen combatants. "I assume we share the money we get from the loot?"

Henry the 57th
2013-03-29, 02:19 AM
"Of course." Jelena reassures Argulga.

Henry the 57th
2013-03-31, 11:45 PM
With the enemy gone and no apparent objections to her idea, Jelena goes about selling the gear stolen from the fallen enemies as best she can.

x3 Battle Armor (damaged): 18900
x3 Combat Jumpsuits (damaged): 4050
x3 Blaster Pistols: 1500
x4 Blaster Rifles: 4,000
x1 Vibrobayonet: 350
x1 Heavy Blaster Pistol: 750
x1 Vibro-ax: 500
x1 Hold Out Blaster: 300

Total: 30350 credits
Split four ways: 7587.5 credits each
Split three ways: 10116.6 credits each

After selling the gear, Jelena splits the credits fairly as agreed, then goes to look around for droids.

What kind of droids do they have around here? Old Seppie stuff, in particular.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 01:16 PM
The twi'lek heads to his meeting without you, but tells Jelena he'll be in contact soon.

Droids seem to be scarce in Gru'don, but you do hear about one twi'lek man who sells secondhand, scrap droids. His shop has a nasty reputation, from what you understand, but everybody seems to agree his is the only shop you'll find decent droids at.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 02:12 PM
Jelena does her best to remain discreet on the way to this droid dealer's shop. Once there, she asks, in a low voice, "I'm looking for battle droids. A-Series Assasin, if you have one."

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 02:26 PM
The shop is small, poorly lit, and generally filled with clutter. The owner, a small, shifty eyed zabrak, looks at Jelena with a hint of amusement.

"Assassin droid, eh? A series is a little tough to get my hands on. I might be able to scrounge up something like it though. How many credits we talking?

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 02:38 PM
"How many are you looking for?" asks Jelena, trying to gauge what he wants, so she can bargain more easily.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 02:52 PM
The zabrak reaches over and picks up a burnt out piece of a processor, twirling it casually.

"Maybe 10. Maybe 10,000." He tosses Jelena the old processor piece. "That's 10." He gestures around him. "But put enough of these pieces together, and it's 10,000."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 03:11 PM
"8,000." says Jelena.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 03:17 PM
The zabrak seems to mull the number over in his head.

"9000. Battle droid assassin. Good as new. Two days for delivery."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 03:22 PM
"A-Series Assasin," Jelena reminds him. "And deal. Payment schedule?

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 03:29 PM
The zabrak shakes his head. "The only assassins I have are built on the B-1 Series chassis; A-1 series assassin droids have too many weapons for me to build here. If you're still interested, half up front, half on delivery."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 03:40 PM
"You want 9,000 for a B-1 Assassin?" Jelena raises an eyebrow. "If all you have is the B-1 version, then 8,000, and I'm getting robbed."

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 03:47 PM
The zabrak chuckles and turns around. "No deal. 9000, or try your luck elsewhere."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 03:51 PM
"Are you sure you aren't willing to compromise?" asks Jelena.

Mind Trick: [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 04:28 PM
The zabrak gives her a big, fat, cheesy smile. "I'm sure."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 05:08 PM
Jelena pretends to think about it for a bit. Eventually, she sighs. "Very well, but this thing had better be good quality for what I'm paying. I'll be examining it thoroughly." She hands over 4,500 credits.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 05:25 PM
The zabrak's smile turns to something a bit more genuine. "I'll have it for you within the next day."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 07:03 PM
With her business in the droid shop concluded, Jelena goes to find a small, out of the way place to rest and find healing through the Force.

Jelena finds some quiet room somewhere (like a cheap motel or something) and spends the next 9 hours in a Force Trance, healing her back to full and moving her condition track back up. The B-1A droids will be guarding her during this time, and she remains fully aware of the world around her.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 07:33 PM
She enjoys her trance without incident.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 09:21 PM
At this point, I'll allow some time for Dirk or Argulga to take care of any business they may wish to take care of...

Mithric Gunn
2013-04-04, 09:25 PM
Hmm. A-1, not a bad choice. Interesting shop.
MK will look around the shop, looking at the merchants handiwork and merchandise.
Knowl Tech: [roll0]
Mechanics: [roll1] a roll of 2-7 counts as an 8, and if its a 1:
Reroll: [roll2]

Later, while his mistress trances, MK takes the time to repair himself.
Take 10 on the mechanics check. Take 20 on the endurance check to recharge my shields. Then spend an hour recharging and doing minor maintenance.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 10:09 PM
You see quite a few interesting things. The zabrak clearly has something for lightsabers - he's collected well over a dozen throughout the shop, a few of which look like they might not be broken. There's also a lot of Separatist droid parts, especially droids adapted for extreme heat. You note an unusual antenna-like device, which you cannot identify, but interestingly, looks as if it was severed at the base by a lightsaber. Finally, of perhaps the most interest, you identify what looks like a working subelectronic converter.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 11:20 PM
Anyways, you're able to meditate and recover in peace. A few hours after that, you receive notice that your new droid is ready.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 11:24 PM
Jelena heads back to the droid shop, B1-A units in tow. "Before I finish payment, I require a demonstration that the droid is functioning at optimum capacity." she tells the Zabrak.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 11:26 PM
"Fair enough. What sort of demonstration?"

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 11:34 PM
"Walk around, talk, spot, shoot a target at a decent range." Jelena says.

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 11:40 PM
The droid stands up and takes a few steps around. The zabrak sets up a rudimentary target from some worn out droid platings, and the droid blasts it several times easily.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 11:43 PM
"Looks good enough. Slave it to this," Jelena hands him her remote processor already controlling the B1-As, "And I'll pay you the other 4,500 credits."

Empedocles
2013-04-04, 11:47 PM
The zabrak does so, flashes her another smile, and says "Will that be all?"

Henry the 57th
2013-04-04, 11:54 PM
Jelena smiles back and hands over the money as she receives her processor back. "No, actually. I noticed you have quite the collection of lightsabers here. Judging by the way you display them, you must be quite proud. Would you mind telling me more about them? And aren't you worried about the Empire? I was under the impression they don't care much for people with those."

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 12:01 AM
The zabrak seems a bit taken aback by the question, but answers willingly enough.

"I was present during a Clone Wars battle in the Sun Lands. Taken prisoner. The scraps after the battle provided me with more then enough resources to start - he gestures vaguely around the store - all of this. That's why there's so many old Separatist parts, and lightsabers. Dead Jedi. Blasted droids."

Pretty much everything here checks out, except...the zabrak in front of you is young. Too young to have been present during the Clone Wars.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 12:10 AM
Jelena frowns, folding her arms behind her back. "Please, if you're going to lie to me, at least refrain from insulting my intelligence while you do so. I know your species, and I can see your approximate age. You are too young to have been present for the Clone Wars." She makes a gesture to the droids with one of her hands, and they fan out to more effectively surround the Zabrak, though they do not yet aim any weapons. "Furthermore, I noticed that you avoided my question about the Empire. Why would you so brazenly display such highly illegal objects when so many agents of the Empire are in the area?" She looks him in the eye.

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 12:19 AM
The zabrak seems earnestly confused. "Im not lying to you. As for the Empire...only two of those lightsabers are operational. Furthermore, the Trade Coalition is the real law here - the Empire would have no reason to visit my scrap shop."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 12:31 AM
"Why?" Jelena gives him a little smile before turning her back on him, her hands remaining clasped behind it. "Because there's a standing reward for such information. All it would take would be for one upstanding citizen to report your possession of such weapons to the Empire, and the results could be most... unfortunate for you." Jelena turns back to face him, gesturing with her right hand. "The ISB could be called in. Inquisitors. Even..." she lowers her voice and glances around conspiratorially, as if superstitious, "Lord Vader. I hear he's very interested in the remnants of the Jedi."

Mithric Gunn
2013-04-05, 12:51 AM
MK looks around the shop, and lets out a complicated, whistling sound.
Very nice handiwork. Whats a good mechanic like you doing in a rusthole like this?
OOC: binary, at droidtalk speed.
not metagaming, MK deduces 3 possibilities: either he's lying without reason, unlikely. He has access to some kind of longevity treatment, potentially valuable. Or he's got extensive hardware in his head. Fleshies would need it to avoid dementia as their brains run out of storage space. If the zabrak can understand droid-speed binary, he's either a droid, a cyber, or a givin. Wont garauntee intel, but it might confirm a suspicion, and it costs nothing to try.

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 01:03 AM
The zabrak laughs at that. "Go ahead, then. Call in Vader." Then he turns to MK, and replies in binary: "All this rust was collected by me. Call me sentimental, but I like a challenge. What I can scrounge up, I turn into something like this." He gestures at the droid he built for Jelena.

Jelena, as far as you can tell, he's telling the truth about how he got his hands on the lightsabers. As far as you can tell, he was there during a Clone Wars battle. However, a nagging sixth sense tells you there's more as to why he doesn't fear the empire.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 01:05 AM
"...You work for the Empire, don't you?" Jelena says, with no particular emotions audible in her tone.

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 10:19 AM
The zabrak shakes his head forcefully. "Of course not."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 03:29 PM
"If you didn't, you wouldn't be so fearless of them."

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 05:00 PM
He flashes you his big cheesy grin. "I have no reason to be afraid."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 05:42 PM
"As I said, lightsabers are highly illegal, and I'm sure that you're aware of the Empire's... views on non-human species. If you aren't afraid of then being called in, you have some connection with them."

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 07:09 PM
The zabrak shrugs. "The Coalition will protect me should I need protecting."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 08:08 PM
"And what do you do for them that is of such value they would risk Imperial investigation to protect you? You have impressive skills with droids, but you are hardly the only being in the galaxy that is so gifted."

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 10:11 PM
The zabrak's smile turns from amused, to guarded. "That is no concern of yours."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 10:43 PM
"And perhaps you might tell me why one so apparently valued is running a droid scrap shop in such an isolated area?

Empedocles
2013-04-05, 11:04 PM
He takes a long pause, and seems to come to a decision. "Proximity to Concord."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-05, 11:41 PM
"And what are you needed near Concord for?"

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 12:01 AM
He does not reply.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 12:10 AM
Jelena makes another gesture, and her droids fan out to completely surround him, the B1-As on either side, the B-1 Assassin to the rear, Jelena facing him.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 12:15 AM
So...tactical information here. The room is cluttered and counts as difficult terrain. The zabrak is leaning against a wall so you can't completely surround him. Piles of gears everywhere.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 12:25 AM
In which case the B1-A droids fan out to either side of him, with the other retreating behind Jelena to cover her back.

"Please, can we just be reasonable? I just wish to know what you do."

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 12:39 AM
"I do a little bit of everything, dear friend. To the Coalition, I'm a valuable asset. To the Empire, I'm somebody unimportant who could become important if they cross me. To..."

He stops speaking, and freezes his head, as if thinking. He's absolutely motionless for a few seconds, and then he suddenly just stops talking.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 12:47 AM
"Please, continue."

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 01:02 AM
He makes no reply, nor does he acknowledge that you spoke.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 01:05 AM
Jelena leans close and whispers. "Does it have anything to do with this Jedi I've heard about?"

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 01:09 AM
There's a long, long pause, during which the zabrak says absolutely nothing. Finally, he blinks several times, and looks up at Jelena in confusion. "Indirectly...his organization and I have...ties."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 01:10 AM
"In what way?" she asks in a hushed voice.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 12:32 PM
The zabrak replies in an equally hushed and serious manner. "None of your damn business."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 12:43 PM
Jelena looks around, both with her natural eyes and the Force, trying to determine if there is anyone else here.

Perception: [roll0]
Use the Force: [roll1]

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 01:08 PM
She detects no life forms in the force - none, save herself. Not even the zabrak.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 02:14 PM
Jelena extends her hand towards her boot, using the Force. Her lightsabers flies out and into her open palm. She brings it up and ignites it in full view of the Zabrak. "I'm afraid you'll find that it rather is." she says. Even as she does, her droids level their weapons - can't be too careful.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 02:20 PM
"I wouldn't do that, if I were you" says the zabrak angrily.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 03:37 PM
Jelena nods, and the droids lower their weapons. She extinguishes her lightsaber, but does not put it away. "Now that you know what I am, you'll know that this can only end in two ways. I would prefer that it ended with you telling me what I want to know and me leaving."

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 03:44 PM
The zabrak thinks for a moment, weighing the risks. "I've been providing droids and repairs for the Coalition since Concord was in the planning stages. But more recently, I've become involved with Poe Ranuk - I'm assuming you've heard of him - and his group of rebels." His voice drops to a low whisper. "Part of the Coalition, the idealists who founded the organization to improve the Outer Rim, want to side with him. But...other groups want to turn him over to the Empire. Part of my job now is to make sure we end up with the Coalition backing the rebels, not with them as our enemy."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 04:06 PM
"Then perhaps you can tell me where to find Mr. Ranuk? Also, you should probably know that there is a powerful darksider running around in Mandalorian armor, and he knows about the Jedi."

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 04:11 PM
The zabrak seems to speak to himself for a moment - "I should've expected this..." but he then addresses Jelena. "Right now, Ranuk is onboard his ship the Liberator, negotiating with the Coalition. He keeps mobile most of the time, but in a day or so he'll return here to re-fuel."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 04:26 PM
"Do you know this Mandalorian?"

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 04:30 PM
I've heard rumors that one of the members of the Coalition's ruling Council is a rogue Mandalorian. It would fit. Exiled from Mandalore for using the Force, so he takes a small band of loyal followers and joins the Coalition. The Mandalorians in the Coalition are also those most opposed to funding Ranuk's efforts...yes, it all makes sense."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 06:40 PM
"Where might I find Mr. Ranuk tomorrow?"

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 07:19 PM
"Presumably...in the Sun Lands somewhere, onboard the Liberator."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 07:55 PM
"I mean, where might I find him when he returns for refueling in a day or so, as you said he would?"

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 07:59 PM
"At the spaceport itself. Bay 8, usually."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 08:15 PM
"Thank you." Jelena returns her lightsaber to her boot with the Force. "Goodbye for now, I think." With that, she leaves, droids following in her wake.

Jelena heads to the spaceport. She finds a secluded area in which to Force Trance, and has the B1-As stand watch. The B1 Assassin she lends her magnoculars and sends to Bay 8, under instructions to watch from a distance until the Liberator arrives, then contact her comlink. She then settles in to wait.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 08:47 PM
Hours later, the droid contacts her. "It has arrived."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 09:05 PM
"Excellent. Remain there and keep an eye on it." she replies into her wrist comm. Getting up, she feels refreshed and in tune with the Force. Smiling a little, she walks over to the docking bay, droids in tow. As she goes, she orders the Assassin droid not to show itself, but to remain far away and cover her from a distance as she goes in, and to alert her to any danger that seems to be incoming.

Jelena walks up to the Liberator, droids in tow, and attempts to sense the presence of another Jedi with the Force.

Use the Force: [roll0]

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 09:23 PM
You sense a presence in the Force, thought it is not as powerful or imposing as you might have hoped.

The Liberator is a CR70 corvette (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR70_corvette) starship, but it's been so heavily modified, it barely resembles the original. Waiting near the landing pad are a few familiar faces: Saul Antilles, the twi'lek noble from earlier, and the zabrak mechanic. There's a third noble you don't recognize, and two old, traditional battle droids keeping guard of the group.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 09:29 PM
Jelena walks up to the group, her own droids in tow. "Hello again." she says, calmly ad with a smile.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 09:47 PM
Antilles turns his head awkwardly, and the zabrak doesn't reply. To your surprise, it's the noble you don't recognize who acknowledges you, with a smile, nontheless.

"So, you must be the Jedi I've heard so much about?" He extends his hand in greeting.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 09:52 PM
Jelena's eyes widen. Not in the open, you fool! she projects into his mind, via the Force, before looking around to see if anyone might have heard that. If not, she takes his hand and shakes it.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 09:54 PM
He seems bemused by your concern. Nobody is around who could have heard anything. "If you wish to come onboard, you can meet Ranuk, and we'll discuss...your role, in all of this."

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 10:09 PM
"I'd be happy to." Jelena says. She follows their lead, droids with her, assassin droid maintaining its vigil.

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 10:26 PM
The interior of the ship is small but empty. You do, however, see multiple smuggling hatches opened and crammed full of weapons. In a central area, right behind the cockpit, sits a robed Arkanian. Arkanian's are a race of near humans, famed for their intellectual brilliance, as well as their pupilless eyes. The robes are the traditional ones of the Jedi - he makes no attempt to hide it. When he stands, a lightsaber sits at his hip.

"Greetings, my fellows," he says in a soft, yet somehow commanding voice. He turns his head slightly to address Jelena directly. "I am Poe Ranuk, one of the last of the Jedi Order. I am to understand that you too are a Jedi?"

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 10:32 PM
Jelena yanks her lightsaber from her boot with the Force, igniting it with a snap-hiss and bringing it up in a traditional Jedi salute. "You understand correctly."

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 10:41 PM
Antilles seems taken aback by this display, but Ranuk nods approvingly.

"Take a seat, Jelena." He gestures at a large, circular table in the room. Saul, the zabrak, the twi'lek, and the unknown noble all sit eagerly. They then go through some sort of formal introduction series.

"Poe Ranuk. Jedi Master," says Ranuk.

"Azakel IV," says the zabrak. "Repairs, weapons, droids."

"Saul Antilles, Councilman of the Coalition."

"Ven'koth," says the twi'lek. "Twi'lek nobleman."

"Alecto," says the noble you don't recognize, an amused expression on his face. "Warrior. General."

All heads turn to you expectantly.

Henry the 57th
2013-04-06, 10:48 PM
"Jelena Di'Nourta," she says, "Jedi."

Empedocles
2013-04-06, 10:49 PM
Ranuk looks her up and down. "Do you stand with us, Jedi?"