PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] +Int +Cha races

Thurbane
2013-03-19, 02:56 AM
What are some good +2LA or lower races/template combos that get a good boost to Intelligence and Charisma?

It's for a theoretical Factotum/Marshal dip build.

No Dragon Mag or homebrew please.

Cheers - T

Golden Ladybug
2013-03-19, 03:50 AM
Phrenic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm) is pretty good, handing out +2 Int and +4 Charisma alongside a suite of Psi-Like Abilities.

Primordial Giant from [an Eberron Sourcebook of some description, the name of which I have temporarily forgotten :smallconfused:] can be used with Half-Giant to get some decent mental stat mods, but I'm having trouble remembering the details.

kardar233
2013-03-19, 05:06 AM
Phrenic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/monsters/phrenicCreature.htm) is pretty good, handing out +2 Int and +4 Charisma alongside a suite of Psi-Like Abilities.

Primordial Giant from [an Eberron Sourcebook of some description, the name of which I have temporarily forgotten :smallconfused:] can be used with Half-Giant to get some decent mental stat mods, but I'm having trouble remembering the details.

That would be Secrets of Xen'drik. Primordial Giant is an LA +0 template that any Giant can take, which gives -4 Strength and -2 Con but +4 to Int and Cha. You also get Invisibility, Invisibility Purge or Levitate as at-will SLAs. A very good reason to take Half-Giant, even on a caster (with LA buyoff) especially if you use Return to Nature to shrink yourself down to a more convenient size.

Spuddles
2013-03-19, 05:11 AM
There's a racial class for half-giants in the back of the XPH or maybe CPsi. Can't remember which. You can take one level of it, and throw some primordial giant on top, for +4 int +4 cha for no LA.

Bakkan
2013-03-19, 05:58 AM
A venerable Phrenic Dragonwrought Kobold has Str -4, Dex +2, Con -2, Int +5, Wis +5, Cha +8. Throw Dragonborn on to balance out the Dex and Con, if desired.

Spuddles
2013-03-19, 06:43 AM
Could also go desert kobold (UA) for +0 con -2 wis.

Vaz
2013-03-19, 07:12 AM
Unseelie Fey Phrenic Lesser Tiefling gets +4 net Charisma, +4 int, and +4 dex.

Unseelie fey is dragon compendium however.

Carth
2013-03-19, 07:19 AM
Primordial half-giant and primordial eneko are generally the go to +int boosters when you have available LA. Each is only LA+1 though, and I don't think there are any +int LA+1 templates, so I'd grab some +cha with the other available level of adjustment.

drax75
2013-03-19, 10:55 AM
Drow +2 LA

+2 dex -2 con +2 int +2 cha

SR 10+Class level

faerie fire, darkness, dancing lights 1/day

What else am i missing? All for +2 thats pretty awesome in my opinion.

Andion Isurand
2013-03-19, 11:19 AM
Lesser Cansin (PGtF & Dragon Magazine 298) +2 Int, +2 Cha

I know you said no Drag Mag, but the Cansin are merely a chaotic version of Aasimar and Teiflings and should have been included in the main material.