PDA

View Full Version : Future Legends

Pages : [1] 2 3

Theeon
2006-11-15, 08:06 PM
Well here it is we are finally up and running so now I'm going to defer to my partner in crime tiki to explain where ya'll are

tikitiki1
2006-11-15, 10:05 PM
Shikzaal. The monolithic city sprawls haphazardly across the foothills of the Thoknen mountain range, clearly more tossed together than actually built, with hardly a thought to planning or infrastructure. Clay and straw huts jostle for position with gaudy marble and granite mansions. Few buildings rise more than two or three stories high, which only throws into sharper relief the enormous white tower jutting abruptly from the middle of the crazy jumble.

It was an other-worldly structure, looking more like it had simply grown from the land instead of having been crafted by any mortal hands. At the very top of the unearthly smooth tower, thousands of feet above, was a corona of bright blue light that could be seen for miles in any direction. No on knew how the tower came to be originally; it had been there for as long as anyone could remember. It was now being used as the headquarters of the Oracle. It was here that hundreds of travelers found themselves, inexplicably drawn to its heavenly gates, seeking answers about their destinies, hoping to hear of fabulous wealth and fame.

Vazzaroth
2006-11-15, 11:09 PM
Balthazaar approached the white tower, squinting, and mumbling to himself, something he did regularly.

"Damnable light. I knew I shoulda' under the cover of nightfall. I gotta lay low for now though, and moving at night is exactly what people expect..."

Balthazaar made his way through the chaotic city with a scowl on his face. He wore dark colored leather, with dull iron studs strewn about it. Underneath the armor, he wore his "wizard's robes" as the were commenly called, solid black, with only 2 thick strips of white on the biceps otherwise. On top of all this, his outer layer was a wool traveler's cloak he wore almost religiously, black as well, and currently with the hood on to hide from the day.

He kept to the shadows as he made his way to the tower, not trying to be sneaky, just to avoid the light. He arrived at the gates, and only stoped for a moment to look upon the grand entrance. Bah. Balthazaar went inside.

Now he was waiting among many other adventurers, standing to the side, trying to avoid touching anyone, as he waited for his chance to see the Oracle.

TheThan
2006-11-16, 12:26 AM
Hiroshi Hatori

Hiroshi wandered through the streets, careful to not get lost again. Once in sight of base of the tower and the entrance he fights the urge to look up in awe at the imposing tower. It wouldn’t look right for a noble to be caught starring. So instead he takes a moment to dust off his long flowing green and gold, silken kimono. He adjusts the leather armor hidden beneath his kimono for comfort and double checks the Wakazashi tucked neatly into his sash.
Standing straight and walking with purpose he marches up to the tower and inside. Amused that no guards were visible he finds his place in line and waits impatiently; wondering why this Oracle doesn’t see the rich and important first. Like so many other soothsayers and wise men do.

tikitiki1
2006-11-16, 12:40 AM
The Oracle's Antechamber

This large room is festooned with elaborate tapestries and grandiose sculptures and fountains. Small, high windows shoot beams of golden sunlight to the floor, highlighting the swirling dust motes within them. Large potted plants from every corner of the world are placed strategically about the room, their plethora of exotic scents wafting and fusing, filling every corner of the room with its heady odor. Chairs, benches and stools litter the floor, most occupied by travel-weary men in worn boots and tattered clothes, but a few were claimed by haughty looking courtiers with their myriads of simpering, over-dressed servants, brought only as a display of wealth and power. There were no women to be seen. The silence of the hall was unbroken save only by a few large bumblebees who had come through the window to investigate the foreign foliage. Imposing looking guards stood at attention at regular intervals along the wall, or paced the floor of the hall, occasionally pausing the murmur some inaudible comment to one of the waiters.

((Apologies for not having this up sooner; family troubles. Adjust your posts if need be, please))

Chu
2006-11-16, 12:47 AM
Bastiel shielded his eyes against the glaring sunlight as he gazed up at the imposing tower. Having spent his entire life in this city, he had heard of this structure, but never gotten to see the insides of it. Left hand resting casually on the hilt of his longsword, he adjusted his garments - nothing very outstanding, typical of a usual adventurer, as if making a point to not stick out like a sore thumb.

Upon entering the tower, he scanned the gathering numbers in the waiting area, reserving himself to standing at ease, hands cupped together at the small of his back as he surveys the gathering crowds.

Theeon
2006-11-16, 12:47 AM
In case of any confusion you are all inside the ante-camber

Fenria
2006-11-16, 01:28 AM
Patrick's trip through Shikzaal was fast becoming a blurred memory in his mind. He had been surprised, at first, by the many number of people in the same place at the same time. Next, he was surprised by the fact that the buildings were not uniform, or planned at all...it struck him as incredibly inefficient. Finally, he was more awestruck than surprised by the daunting white tower which seemed to call to him in the back of his mind.

Now, though, he had so many other things on his mind. While standing against a wall inside the incredible tower, his mind rolled through a checklist of his possessions, to check for theft. His traveling clothes were snug underneath the scale mail he wore proudly upon his person, his shield was strapped his backpack, which was sitting at his feet, and his hammer was hanging from his belt, where he kept it at all times, in case he should have need of it.

Checklist done, he made a quick scan of the room, looking upon those who would approach the oracle as he himself sought to do. Most fit the description of the goodly adventurer working for a greater good. But his smile at that quickly faded when he noticed an abundance of rogues, assassins, and he even saw what he supposed to be a Necromancer wallowing in the shadows. His parents had told him stories of men like him.

"I shall have to keep my eye on these ones...they do not bode well for the rest of us..." he mumbled to himself.

deadpony
2006-11-16, 02:36 PM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad explored the room around him with his eyes taking careful note of the many different kinds of people around him. His hood pulled up so you could only sence the slightest glimmer of green, he tried to hide his face from everyone. This was an easy thing to accomplish due to his short stature :3'1"

Chu
2006-11-16, 09:05 PM
Seeing as how he had now idea how long it would take for this "oracle" to see the next person, and not having a clue how far down the queue he was, Bastiel figured it wouldn't hurt to stir up some casual conversation with his fellow waitees... see if he was in the right place to get his answer.

Scanning the room once again, he looked for anyone who might have had similar interests to his own (apparent) ones - fighting. He approaches a well-armed, well-composed patron (Patrick), nodding at him with a smile. "Good morrow, Sir! ^_^ What brings you here?"

TheThan
2006-11-16, 10:19 PM
Hiroshi Hatori
Slightly annoyed at the wait, Hiroshi decides to stay away from the other nobles, it’s been too long since he fit in with such people. After becoming a simple holy man he would probably feel out of place with regular nobles.
So Hiroshi decides to scan the crowd, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He stops briefly on the dark one hiding in the shadows, deciding that he got “bad vibes” off of him, his eyes slide over to two warrior types in conversation, nothing really interesting there. He also notices a rather small person, perhaps a halfing or a gnome, maybe, being draped in heavy cloak, its kind of hard to tell.

Speaking to nothing and everything at once, Hiroshi says,

I wonder how long this will take, I can be patient but I’d rather not have to sleep in line here

Fenria
2006-11-17, 01:06 AM
"Good morrow, Sir! ^_^ What brings you here?"

Patrick Flannigan

(In a very heavy Scottish accent) "Eh, I'm here for th' same reason as everybody else...come to see if me destiny amounts to naught. I've always had a thought that there might be somethin' more behin' what I do..."

He trailed off, scanning the room again, and deciding that he could relax and have a conversation with the man (Bastiel).

Chu
2006-11-17, 04:21 AM
Bastiel can't help but raise an eyebrow at the thick accent, but finds it more amusing than anything. [OOC: *casts Comprehend Languages!* XD]

"Ah, yes, well, I suppose that was kind of a silly question... Well, what IS it that you do?"

lvl27FreakShow
2006-11-17, 07:36 AM
Knoton makes his way into the room, surveying everyone, cursing under his breathe, wishing this place had not to be so crowded. He walks into a dark lonely corner, waiting, wanting to talk to the oracle, wanting to know what he must do next

Visturon
2006-11-17, 11:28 AM
Caeradwyn Filiadir
A warrior of surprising height for his apparent elven heritage, Caeradwyn wears leather pants, a leather vest, and an overly shiny chainshirt and stands with an arrogant but friendly stance that gives a hint he knows how to use the large sword, short spears, and shield on his back. His whole left side is hidden by the massive leather trenchcoat draped over his left arm, as he assesses the crowd filling the anti-chamber he smiles to anyone whose eye he meets.
He hears a nobleman in outlandish silk robes(Hatori) make a comment near him and responds as if spoken to.
“Ah doon’t think it be a line boot rather a randoom selection process to see who geets to see the Ooracle. Ah’d expect half these people be leavin’ aroond night fall foor the taverns”

Kirstin
2006-11-17, 11:50 AM
Basura
A short, really short, pretty woman stands in the hall looking around almost as if she had lost someone. Pushing a path though the crowd but offering ‘out excuse me’s and ‘sorry’s Basura tries to see past all the people until she finally sees someone of obvious magical training despite being in all black(Balthazaar) and approaches him with a wave and an old wizard greeting from the academy she was trained in.
[draconic]:May your magic bring wisdom.

Theeon
2006-11-17, 12:20 PM
((im not sure if you were kidding but comprehend languages is not need to understand him, and i like what kristin and visturon have started so in the future if you speak in a language other than common state it followed by a colon followed by your speech in white text. then only if your character understands it should you highlight it. refer to ooc for other forum rules))

Vazzaroth
2006-11-17, 01:24 PM
Balthazaar Elogian

Balthazaar stood in the shadows still, avoiding the light, and passivly watching everyone around him out from under his cloak. His slightly longer than shoulder length dark hair started to fall out, and he pushed it back into the hood. He watched the short woman push her way through the crowd, noticeing she seemed to be coming to him.

[draconic:] "And may yours bring death... He responds quickly. I hate these crowds of sun-lovers... He added, his features still shrowded by shadow.

deadpony
2006-11-17, 01:42 PM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Sensing no apparent threat, the halfling removed the hood of his dark green cloak. Shiny locks of dark brown hair fell around his face letting his captivating green eyes glint through. It was easier for him to see his surroundings now, especially because he was standing on his toes. He begins to feel a rush of exitement about all the people he sees and the opportunity to meet the famed oracle. He lets out a quiet squeek of exitement while looking for anyone that looks friendly enough to engage in conversation.

Fenria
2006-11-17, 08:12 PM
"Ah, yes, well, I suppose that was kind of a silly question... Well, what IS it that you do?"

Patrick 14/14 19

Chuckling, Patrick replied, "I fight...an' I fight well. That is why I come to th' o'rcle todeey, I have heard that I am far too skilled t' be a simple faarm boy."
He chuckled again as he reached down to his shield. He came up with the shield in hand and a rag in the other. Slowly, carefully, he began to clean it. Why not do something productive while talking? He thought.

tikitiki1
2006-11-17, 08:36 PM
From the small oak door at the far end of the antechamber, a white-robed man suddenly appeared, his features young and smooth, but grey-headed and with deep, ponderous eyes that clearly carried the burden of vast knowledge. The man scanned the room quickly, frowned, and whispered something to a tall guard near him. The guard turned and surveyed the lethargic crowd. He pointed to a lean man sitting in one of the wooden chairs against the wall. The white-robed man quickly shook his head and whispered something else. the guard took another measured look around and pointed again, this time at a well dressed noble, lounging languidly across a bench near Hiroshi, being fussed over by a number of servants clad in green and gold livery. The robed man slowly took in every inch of the haughty noble, and finally nodded. He picked his way carefully over to where the other man sat and spoke, his deep voice ringing clearly throughout the silent hall.

"Are you Darien?" He asked

Startled, the man could only nod. The robed man simply crooked a finger at him, then turned and walked away, leaving a very confused Darien struggling quickly to his feet and hurrying after him. A disgruntled buzz rumbled up from several of the nobles and others who had been waiting for a long time, angry murmurs of "only waited for a day. I've been here two weeks now" and similar dissatisfactions laced the subsequent conversations.

Vazzaroth
2006-11-17, 11:07 PM
Balthazaar

Balthazaar watched the white robed man's selection, and slightly cringed when he handpicked the one out of the crowd. Why did he want him? I'm a much better choice...

"It seems that man knew that Darien by name... must be the oracle at work..." He says to the mage-woman who seems to want to start a conversation with him.

Chu
2006-11-17, 11:27 PM
Bastiel raises an eyebrow and blinks at the angry mutterings of the crowds before turning back to Patrick. "Weeks...? Surely we won't be waiting THAT long...? o_o"

lvl27FreakShow
2006-11-18, 01:11 AM
Knoton looks on with wonderment, asking himself, "what do these two know of each other?" There is a spike of anticipation as the hooded man walks back into the room, as Knoton whatches this he wonders, contemplating, anxious.

deadpony
2006-11-18, 01:52 AM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

"WHAT!?!" Ziad yelled abruptly, but quickly pulled his hood over his head in embarrasment and hopes that no one would figure out that the cry came from him. I hate being short, he thought, thats obviously the only reason that I wasnt chosen. If only he could see me....

Fenria
2006-11-19, 01:46 PM
Patrick

(To Bastiel) "Well, when ya' think abou' it. It makes sense tha' it would take tha' long. Everyone wants ta' see th' oracle, and I'm sure it' takes him more than jus' a few minutes ta' divine the person's destiny. I'm Na' all too worried abou' it, I have no where else ta' be."

Finishing his shield, Patrick sets it on his bag and pulls out his hammer. He quickly inspects it, finds it just a bit too dirty for his liking, and begins to polish it to.

Chu
2006-11-19, 01:54 PM
"Mmnn... well, I suppose that's true... I'm just wondering if there's anything that we can do that might catch his eye next time he comes out... any ideas?"

Visturon
2006-11-19, 08:14 PM
Caeradwyn Hp:15/15 Ac:19
Caeradwyn watches the proceedings calmly and with his usual smile and chuckle. Finding the impatience of the crowd to be a great source of entertainment.

Fenria
2006-11-19, 11:02 PM
Patrick Hp:14/14 AC: 19

(To Bastiel) "Well, I think tha' if we show tha' we are patient he'll be more likely ta' pick us ou' of the crowd. Being content an' smilin' in a crowd o' aggita'ed people tends ta' set ya' apart."

Hammer clean, Patrick slipped it back into his belt and rested his back against the wall, hands behind his head.

"Like I said a'fore, I got nowhere ta' be, so I'm fine with spendin' as long as it takes here in the city."

Kirstin
2006-11-19, 11:26 PM
Basura AC:12 HP:9/9

Basura watches all she can see from her short stature with a studious gaze from her big brown eyes and replies thoughtfully to Balthazaar “Something in his appearance tells me that he might be this Oracle we are all here to find,” then a little quieter and with a look solidly locked on him “And your choice of greeting tells me that you study the arts of the Death Magics that so many of our peers feel are wrong, am I not correct?” Basura then sets her backpack down and proceeds to find a comfortable position seated on it.

TheThan
2006-11-20, 02:26 AM
“Ah doon’t think it be a line boot rather a randoom selection process to see who geets to see the Ooracle. Ah’d expect half these people be leavin’ aroond night fall foor the taverns”

Turning to the speaker, Hiroshi is forced to look up to address the tall elf.
Excuse my presumptions, Sir Elf. Mostly one has to wait in line to see people of importance.
Looking around sheepishly, Hiroshi says,

But where are my manners. Allow me to introduce myself properly, My name is Hiroshi Hatori of The Order of the Crimson Flame, I humbly meet your acquaintance. with that he bows low.

Then the commotion from the rather decadent group of nobles draws his attention away, and he turns to watch as the guard takes the noble away. Sighing and shaking his head, he says to the elf,
These nobles see nothing beyond their own petty desires; some things never seem to change.

OOC
Ok to keep things from getting too confusing. Hiroshi is my character’s first name. I’m writing it last name, last to keep it simple.

Visturon
2006-11-20, 11:42 AM
Caeradwyn Hp:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn responds to the noble with his usual mirth
“Nice to meet yoo Hiroshi, Ah be known as Vist and Ah agree, but when the man oof impoortance has the sight like the Ooracle be said to have, it leaves him oopen to choose the person he sees as most urgent oor most interesting since hee proobably knoows each oof our names and purpooses.”
Caeradwyn looks around intently before his gaze settles on a pretty woman setting on her backpack.
“Ah suggest we folloo soot and get comfortable, we might be here awhile.”
He begins strolling through the crowd to where the two mages are at.

Vazzaroth
2006-11-20, 11:51 AM
Balthazaar Elogian

Balthazaar tilts his head up slighty, allowing the hood of his black cloak to shift off of his face a little, showing his full features for the first time. Most noticable is his very pale skin, as well as the large dark bags under his eyes. Anyone that looked could also see his dull green eyes. He shifted to the common tongue as the girl he was talking to did.

"I thought you would have assumed that already, as most are so eager to do. Yes, I study the "Death magic" as you call it, but it is so much more. He squints his eyes and spits the next part out as if it was poisen. And those who think it is "wrong" are doomed to weakness."

Balthazaar pulled the hood back over his face when he was done.

deadpony
2006-11-20, 01:21 PM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Once again regaining his comfort, Scrud removed his hood a second time. His eye fell on a short woman (Basura) who appeared to be in some sort of arguement with a taller dark cloaked figure (Balthazaar). Although the tall one gave him a nervous vibe, he decided to approach the woman.

Halfling: Its nice to see another halfling her....

He cut himself off in mid sentence as he realised that she was not a halfling at all. "I deeply apologise!" he pleaded in embarassment.

Chu
2006-11-20, 01:32 PM
"I suppose you're right... but it seemed the oracle picked that noble based solely on looks... from the grumblings I heard, there were some who've waited here longer than he..."
Sighing slightly, he unshouldered his pack and shield, letting it rest at his feet. He hummed to himself, as if considering something, but then shook his head at whatever thought might have popped into his mind.

Fenria
2006-11-20, 09:13 PM
Patrick Hp: 14/14 AC: 19

"Eh, ye could be right. One can never be sure when these mystic types ar' concerned."
He paused for a moment, thinking, then looked back to the man in front of him.
"I forget mahself," He extends his hand to his listener. "My name be Patrick...Patrick Flannigan. Pleased to meet ye."

Chu
2006-11-20, 10:29 PM
Bastiel's gloomy expression lightened, and he heartily takes the former stranger's hand in his own, giving it a shake. "Ah! Yes, of course. Nice to meet you, Patrick! I'm Bastiel Perral, and I'm at your service, at least until the oracle sees one of us."

Vazzaroth
2006-11-20, 10:41 PM
Balthazaar Elogian

Balthazaar speaks to the little man in his native tongue:
Halfling: "Do not apologize, little one, apologies are nothing but a waste of breath."

He shifts himself to find the darkest area possible while staying relativly close to the others he is talking to.

deadpony
2006-11-21, 12:18 AM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Scrud flinced at Balthazaar's words as if he was about to be struck. It was the mans distinct sinisterness that made him hard to trust just yet. None the less the halfling turned shily back to the woman he had approaced, and in an attempt to make akward conversation managed to spit out "M-my names Ziad. But you can call me Scrud." He blushed as he held out his hand almost childishly so.

Kirstin
2006-11-21, 01:17 AM

Basura responds to the comment on her height with a fleeting look of annoyance that returns to her usual composure instantly before she returns “As short as I am I have never met a Halfling who was more than shoulder height to me” and with a slight laugh “The name you may call me is Basura. And it is a pleasure to meet you, I hope.” She states with an exaggeratedly obvious patting of her pouch.
Turning to Balthazaar [Draconic]: ”I do not dislike the Necromantic arts but rather the fact that so many who follow them practice them on good people”
In a statement to the general gathering”I hope you are not insulted by my inquiring to the reason that you have traveled to this Oracle, a trip that merits a good purpose and not just a whimsical choice.”

deadpony
2006-11-21, 11:34 AM
Ziad (Scrud) Sneekyfoot

Ziad's face brightend and his posture relaxed as he let out a small sigh of relief. "Ive alwayse had this ambition... its kind of stupid really, he began to explain to Basura, I dont want to bore you with my story.... His face showed that he was hiding something, more from embarrasment than from dishonesty.

Visturon
2006-11-21, 11:40 AM
Caeradwyn HP:15/15 AC:19

Caeradwyn arrives at the group just in time to hear the latest inquiry and resonds
“Ah coome to learn the quickest way that Ah be able too live as loong as an elf,” then after a cautious pause, “And hoow to reclaim my birth right.” Caeradwyn undoes a buckle on his chest and swings his whole bundle one handed to a soft rest on the floor in front of him and sets down casually, still holding the massive coat at his side. “Hoow aboot the rest oof you?”

Chu
2006-11-21, 01:23 PM
Bastiel raises an eyebrow at the gathering around the darkly-clad one, frowning slightly. He nods in their direction, speaking to Patrick, "I hope they're not gonna cause any trouble..."

Vazzaroth
2006-11-21, 01:48 PM
Balthazaar Elogian

"Hah, long life. If you want long "life", then I will raise you when after your inevitable fall... I'll be around long after you, anyway."

Fenria
2006-11-21, 08:11 PM
"I think they not be about ta' cause trouble in a place like this. Besides, I been watchin' them for quite some time now, and all they are doin' is talking. but I'm rather curious as to what they be talkin' about. Wish to join me in findin' out?"

Patrick bent to pick up his pack and waited for his companion's response.

tikitiki1
2006-11-21, 09:46 PM
Once again the oak door at the far end of the hall swung open to reveal the white-cloaked man. Without looking around the room this time, he turned to the tall guard and held a whispered conversation, handing him a thin scroll of paper. Then he turned swiftly and left the room as abruptly as he had come. The guard unraveled the scroll, reading it swiftly before rapping the butt of his halberd loudly on the stone floor to silence the hum of conversation buzzing through the hall. In a booming voice he announced:

"By order of the Oracle, the following people will come forward and enter the room to my right," he said, indicating a previously unnoticed door obscured by a large purplish plant with spiky leaves. "Henna Vareel, Patrick Flannigan, Balthazaar Elogian, Bastiel Perral, Delan Moorakish, Hiroshi Hatori, Arielle Perkinson, Knoton Silverwing, Ziad Sneekyfoot, Gabrienne Raisson de Kaventh, Caeradwyn Filiadir, and Jade Kordron." When he was finished, the guard rerolled the parchment and strode into the the room, followed immediately by a tall, black haired woman clad in black with a raven perched upon her shoulder who had been standing near the concealed doorway.

Chu
2006-11-22, 02:05 AM
Nodding in agreement, he bent over to start picking up his own things. About to reply, he stopped himself as the door swung open. Straightening back up as the list of names was rattled off, he raised his eyebrows to hear the name of both himself and his new companion being called out. Turning to look at him, he shouldered his equipment. "Fate awaits, my friend!" He then heads towards the indicated door.

Vazzaroth
2006-11-22, 03:16 AM
Balthazaar snorted loudly when his name was called. Before the list of names was even finished, he turned sharply, sending his black clothes flowing. He made his way to the entrance of the tower, and left for a short moment.

When he returned, before all the others had made their way in, he was carrying a large, gnarled stick with 2 knob handles upon his back. Near the top, a long curved leather slip was attached to the stick. He walked quickly and with a purpose through the crowds, not saying a word to anyone, and entered the doorway they were beckoned into.

tikitiki1
2006-11-22, 03:37 AM
As Balthazaar passes the strange plant near the door, it rears up suddenly and snaps at him, trying to reach him with its short razor teeth even though he is several feet out of range

Visturon
2006-11-22, 05:23 AM

Caeradwyn replaces the bundle of gear he so recently removed and works through the crowd toward the doorway where he goes through the door and into the following chamber.

Fenria
2006-11-22, 06:17 AM
Patrick Hp: 14/14 AC: 19

Patrick nodded to Bastiel as the list was finshed. He made his way towards the door beside his companion. But the dark one that Patrick had noticed earlier got there first, and Patrick was grateful that he had. As the dark wizard passed the potted plant, it sprang out and attacked him. Had it been anyone else, Patrick would have helped, but he got the worst feelings from the man, and he came to the conclusion that the world would not be harmed too greatly by his passing. As cautiously as he could, he skirted the outside range of the plant and to the door, where even now the half-elven warrior from the dark wizards group was reaching for the door.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-11-22, 12:17 PM
Knoton like the rest, gathers his stuff and walks toward the door way, on his way he makes an obvious attempt to avoid contact with anyone.

Theeon
2006-11-22, 02:45 PM
So because she edited her post before i could come up with the actuall movement and tactical speil of the plant heres what we are going to do. The plant does, and never did, exist. you may all go on your mary way and i ask that we just forget this ever happend. (more in the ooc) comence posting

Kirstin
2006-11-23, 05:42 PM

Basura stands and once again shoulders her pack before working her way through the crowd to the doorway where she follows those who rushed ahead in going through it.

deadpony
2006-11-24, 12:03 AM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad was suprised to hear both his and his new companions name called. Although overflowing with exitement, he took his time and waited to see who the other names identified. He made sure got a good look at everyone who moved toward the door, then satisfied with who he was entering with (with the exeption of the dark cloaked wizard) he pulled up his hood and made his way through the door.

TheThan
2006-11-24, 12:15 AM
Hiroshi Hatori

Surprised to hear his name called so soon, it takes a moment for his body to start moving, but when it does he quietly makes his way over to the door the guard pointed out. He takes his time to avoid being noticed by the nobles present. Just in case someone recognizes him, the last thing he wants to do is cause a scene.

Theeon
2006-11-26, 08:27 PM
so as not to confuse people here is the map
Map (http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/theeon/Map1.jpg)
oh and the big brown thing is a table the yellow are light sources and the ugly things are couches. and here is the legend. I had to use # because you people seem to like to start your names with B's.
1.--Balthazaar
2.--Ceadwyn
3.--Bastiel
4.--Patrick
5.--Hiroshi
6.--Knoton
7.--Basura
8.--Ziad

np=npc
G=guard

This will be the numbering system from now on. Note numbers chosen based on when you were accepted not on favoritism.

tikitiki1
2006-11-27, 08:14 PM
As the last of those whose names had been called trickled into the indicated room, the tall guard entered and shut the door quietly. Wordlessly He turned and surveyed the group gathered in the small room.

"The Oracle has called for every one of you by name. It has been Seen that each of you is destined to play a key role in the fate of the Oracle. Unfortunately, all of you, and therefore your futures, are too weak at this time to See anything more specific than that. In order to fulfill your destinies, you must become stronger so that the Oracle may guide you." He waited for a moment to make sure everyone understood. "Now, if there are no questions, you are free to leave," he said, pointing back toward the door they had just come through.

Chu
2006-11-27, 09:31 PM
Bastiel blinked twice. "..Wait, what?" Stepping forward - but immediately regretting it, as he felt out of place at the center of attention - he spoke out. "So how are we supposed to get stronger? I mean.. I'm sure I speak for most of us here when I say we're fairly confident in our physical, and mental, prowess...!" He didn't like the thought of having yet more sleepless nights.

Fenria
2006-11-27, 09:32 PM
Patrick HP: 14/14 AC: 19

"I don' git it'. That's it'? We jus' have to be stronger? Tha's nah too hard."
Patrick looked around the room to see if anyone else shared his sentiments.
"Soun's like this Oracle person needs more'n than the 'straight from the fiel's" inexperianced people. Makes sense..."

deadpony
2006-11-27, 09:39 PM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

The halfling chuckled to himself at the comments being made. speak for yourself. he thought, all my strength lies in secrecy. He made a straightening up movement as if he were about to leave, but it was only for show. He wanted to stay and listen to the thoughts of the other people with him.

Vazzaroth
2006-11-27, 09:45 PM
Psht. Worthlesss. I'm doing that anyway.

Balthizaar turns to immediatly leave, but pauses when people begin to question the "advice".

Let's see what these mortals have to say.

tikitiki1
2006-11-27, 10:28 PM
The guard turned toward Bastiel and replied, "As to how you are to get stronger, that is up to you. I'm sure there are numerous people in the city in need of the help of a few strapping lads. I was not given specific instructions as to how you are to gain strength. I was merely told to inform you that you need to become stronger before the Oracle can See anything useful regarding your futures."

Chu
2006-11-27, 10:33 PM
Bastiel sighs, but smiles after a moment, though strainedly, and turns back to look at Patrick. "Well...? Know any shopkeeps who need some heavy lifting done?"

lvl27FreakShow
2006-11-27, 10:43 PM
Knoton, taking this all in turns to Balthazaar
Draconic:Why would we be invited into this room, only to be told to go away and come back later, i think something else is going on here.

While saying this he gets a glint in his eye, almost like he expected something to happen.

After speaking his mind Knoton turns, studying the others in the room, wondering how many actually understood what he said, waiting for a response

Vazzaroth
2006-11-27, 11:54 PM
Draconic to Knoten:
"I should hope so. What a waste of time if this is the extent of the "Great Oracle's power. The least it could do is give us some lead us to the "power" it wants us to aquire...

Fenria
2006-11-28, 12:09 AM
Patrick HP: 14/14 AC:19/19

Patrick suddenly felt something messing with his coin purse. Snapping his head around, he manages to catch sight of the hand of the halfing fleeing his sparse collection of money.

"What ar' ya' on about there, lit'le man? Stealin' from a man's meager savin's aint no way to be making a livlihood. 'Specially if that man is bigger den ya' ar'. I'd advise not trying dat one again."

Patrick rifled through his coins to make sure they were all there. Seeing that they were, he pulled off the pouch and held it in front of himself.

"The right thing ta' do would be ta' ask. I'd probably have given ya' some too. But ya' lost that chance."

He quickly placed the pouch in a pocket within his tunic. And turned back towards the conversation.

"But if you feel the need ta' do it again, ya' might try to not get caught."

With that, he gave the halfling a wink, and listened to the other's and their questions.

Bastiel turned to him and asked about any work he might know of.

"No ser, I don't. I'm jus' as new here as ya' are. An' I'm not sure tha' be the type o' strength he be talking about."

Visturon
2006-11-28, 11:43 AM

Caeradwyn takes in the news with a calm smile then turns to his questioning fellows
“Ah say we goo and find oot if this city, as new as it be, has any threats oor troobles a groop oof stroong men can doo anything aboot. Since we seem destined to be together we might woont to stay together and see if we can’t help eachoother.”

deadpony
2006-11-28, 01:14 PM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad quickly shrunk down in embarrasment. He was a bit frustrated that he was caught but he felt a small sence of admiration for his victim because he took it so well.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-11-28, 11:12 PM
Knoton turns again to Balthazaar
Draconic: Mind if i go with you? We both share a distaste for people, and hopefully this hatred can make it bearable for both of us to work together. What do you say? Just for the time being.
After saying this, Knoton decides to wait for this specified "power" before asking the questions he had intended to ask the oracle.

Chu
2006-11-28, 11:16 PM
Bastiel raises an eyebrow at the would-be thief, hiding a smile of amusement. "Are you really that hard-off that you'd want to dig into OUR pockets? What's your name, little Master?"

Kirstin
2006-11-29, 02:52 AM

Basura looks slightly anoyed, yet to her companions’ talk she listens and, after patting her pouches and giving Scrud a reprimanding look, she speaks to Visturon. “If there is room for a smart woman to add some thought power to your group of strong men then I will have to say that you seem to be among the smartest of the people who were called in here." then more to the group "Anyone else think they might want to achieve something with their lives? Or at least earn the answers from the Oracle that we all came to find?”

Vazzaroth
2006-11-29, 09:44 AM
Balthizaar leans close to Knoton and whispers.
Draconic to Knoton:
"Perhaps we should pool our efforts. And should you fall, you'll make a fine subject for my magic. In fact, so would they."
He stands up straight again, and returns Basura's offer.
"If my new "friend" here dosn't object, we shall come with you."
He somewhat laughs to himself when he says friend, but his laugh is somewhat unpleasent and unfriendly.

Visturon
2006-11-29, 11:55 AM

Caeradwyn returns Basura’s statement. “There do be room and Ah thank yoo for the coompliment, Ah do try too noot be as doomb as Ah be strong.”
Turning to Knoton and Balthazaar, “Yoo be welcoome to come aloong, a mage’s wisdoom and special talents can coome in very handy and the same with a man oof the wild, might Ah ask as too whoot all yoor names are though?”

Chu
2006-11-29, 07:16 PM
Bastiel raises an eyebrow at the somewhat haughty attitude of Basura, giving Patrick a dubious glance. "...What do you think, Sir? Think they're safe to... mingle with?"

Theeon
2006-11-29, 09:06 PM
You all see a short dark-skinned woman whisper something to the tall dark-haired woman who whispers back, then strides out of the room with the short woman right behind her.

Fenria
2006-11-29, 09:20 PM
"I believe so, greater strength comes with greater numbers. I think we should stick with 'em for a while."

Patrick watched the two whispering men out of the corner of his eyes as he waited for a response.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-11-29, 10:44 PM
Knoton leans close to Balthazaar
Draconic:Your hospitality is astounding, your kindness knows no bounds
Knoton is speaking in total sarcasm, blatently obvious.

Knoton bows shyly to Caeradwyn, stating; My name is Knoton silverwing, nice to meet you.

Chu
2006-11-29, 11:01 PM
Bastiel nods to Patrick before replying to Basura's question. "Indeed, Madam... if The Oracle says we all have some part to play in the grander scheme of things, then we probably should stick together. However, I won't trust my life to those I don't know..." Giving a distrusting look to the people speaking in, what appeared to him to be, nonsense. He wiped it away quickly, however, smiling cheerfully. "So how about a round of introductions, eh? My name is Bastiel Perral, simple swordsman." He gives a curteous bow to the group, looking around for who would take their turn next.

TheThan
2006-11-30, 12:03 AM
Hiroshi Hatori

Hiroshi stands in the corner quietly. Dismay welling up inside as he considers what the Oracle’s henchman tells him.

Kirstin
2006-11-30, 12:12 AM

Basura smiles to Caeradwyn, and then to Balthazaar and Knoton jointly, and then to Bastiel and Patrick whom she addresses in a very proper tone. “It’s nice to know that there are still men who show courtesy toward a lady but it is unnecessary with me, as I am not but a humble mage with a tendency to talk…and talk.” She gives a somewhat apologetic look before continuing to talk. “My name is Basura and I would hope that as little as you know me you trust me enough to travel beside me.” She turns toward Caeradwyn once more, “since you proposed this group and noone else seems interested I think it fitting that you guide us off into the city, though I have to ask if anyone here knows anything about this town at all?”

Vazzaroth
2006-11-30, 10:06 AM
"Balthazaar" he stated clearly and curtly to the room in general.

deadpony
2006-11-30, 02:58 PM
"Ziad, but you can call me Scrud" Ziad spoke with as freindly of a voice as he could manage. Somewhat akwardly he tugged the sleave of Basura and motioned for her to come closer.

[wisper to Basura]:Your the only one I seem to be on semi good terms with at the moment, so Im going to trust you with this information. I overheard two women talking just now. they spoke of ahave some work for us. place in town called the crown and three and a man named bartimus who might

Visturon
2006-11-30, 03:17 PM

Caeradwyn states to the group in his cheerful style, “Ah be called Vist by anyoone ootside my family and woone day you may very well learn whoot my troo name be. I hoope that be good enoough to let yoo troost me.” He then addresses the whole room in a more questioning way. “If noo woone has any oobjections then we oought too be oof.”
Caeradwyn takes a step toward the door.

Chu
2006-11-30, 04:00 PM
"Off? But off to where, Mr. Vist? It's not like we were given a roadmap!"

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-01, 12:18 AM
Knoton turns to follow, accepting that with the help of these people he will eventually be able to speak to the oracle, and get the answers he so desires

Kirstin
2006-12-02, 03:21 AM

Basura whispers to Scrud: “Thank you, though I would appreciate a bit of clarifying on what you just said.” She straitens and speaks in Vist’s direction “It seems we ought to go to a place called The Crown and Three and look for a Bartimus. There could be work there, or if not, what harm is done by remaining as disoriented as we are?” Basura again turns to the Halfling “I hope you will come with us, as long as you stay away from our purses at least, there should be some money in whatever we do."

Fenria
2006-12-02, 03:11 PM

Patrick chuckled upon hearing Basura's comment to the halfling, then turns to Vist.

"I agree with the lass, any lead for work would be a very good start on our path to grea'er strength."

He readjusted his pack on his shoulders and began walking to the door.

TheThan
2006-12-03, 01:16 AM
Speaking up for the first time since entering the room, Hiroshi says,

Might I suggest that we split into two groups, there are plenty of us here already, and I see that we are divided nearly equally between spell casters and warriors. Certainly we can cover more ground and discover whatever path we’ve been set upon more quickly. Besides it would be easier and faster to find jobs as well.

Chu
2006-12-03, 01:40 AM
Bastiel raises an eyebrow at Hiroshi's comment. "That's all well and good, but didn't the Oracle say that our destinies were intertwined? I should think we should stay together..."

Visturon
2006-12-03, 01:46 AM

Caeradwyn turns to Hiroshi, “Ah be noot sure that that be sooch a good idea since we have noo way too find each oother again. Thoough it is oop too the groop. If we doo split oop woold it not be wise to split with equal spells and brawn in each part?” He walks to the door while talking then turns back and continues. ”Ah think we oought too stick toogether and find this Croown and Three then we coold split oop if that be a dead trail.”
Caeradwyn steps through the door and starts toward the exit of the main room.

Kirstin
2006-12-04, 01:20 AM

Basura addresses the group as she moves toward the door, “I have to agree with him and you, Bastiel, we probably should not split up. And we best follow before he gets to far gone or the fool will get lost in the city without us.” She leaves the room to go catch the strolling swordsman.

TheThan
2006-12-04, 10:07 PM
Hiroshi

Folding one arm under the other, he rubs his chin with his index finger and thumb and says,
Well, ok since no one wishes to split up, I have to ask, what shall we do next?

Vazzaroth
2006-12-04, 10:19 PM
Idiots. All of them.

Balthazaar has been watching everyone talking, then suddenly turns and leaves, disregarding anyone else in the room. He intends to walk straight to the tavern, coldly asking any random peasent on the way where it is if need by.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-04, 11:28 PM
Knoton realizes, of all the people he has met today, balthazaar is perhaps the wisest. Following Balthazaar out, Knoton hopes this is the best way to get something done

Visturon
2006-12-05, 12:25 AM

Upon exiting the tower Caeradwyn calls to the first local-looking person he sees and approaches him while speaking “Good man, Woould yoo be able too tell me where Ah might find a place called The Croown and Three? Or perhaps where Ah could find soomeoone whoo would knoow where it be?”
He then looks back for anyone following while he waits for the man's responce and smiles to the three that come out the door, hoping they see him and come on over.

Chu
2006-12-05, 01:13 AM
Bastiel nods at Basura and follows, raising an eyebrow at the abruptness of the darkly-clad one.

[ Sorry for the half-assed post, guys, but I'm in exam mode right now.. ]

Theeon
2006-12-05, 02:32 PM
The villager vaguely knows what the half elf is taking about, and after a few wrong turns and asking several other villagers for directions he takes you to a good size tavern with a sign stating it as the Crown an’ Three. After taking you there he stands there as if expecting something.

Fenria
2006-12-06, 12:12 AM

Patrick followed Vist out of the tower and eventually to the Crown an' Three, by way of passin commoner. Noticing that the man still stood, expectantly by the door, Patrick leaned toward Vist and whispered, "I think 'ee be expectan' somet'in' for 'is troubles..."

Kirstin
2006-12-06, 01:12 AM

Basura follows as best she can, asking directions when necessary and arrives at the Crown and Three with those who reached it before her. She turns to Vist, looking some what annoyed and speaks in a tone to match, “As much as we all agreed that the time to come here was upon us, that was a little bit too sudden and without any wait for the rest of us to catch up.” She then turns to the newly discovered destination and speaks generally to all. “I hope the rest meet us here for there is no way to tell how or when fate will weave us back together again or even if it shall…”

deadpony
2006-12-06, 11:07 AM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Ziad was flustered by the rappid disperse of people from the building but with little trouble he was able to stay close to Basura. Arriving at the crown And Three, he surveyed his new surroundings in hopes of finding something to entertain himself.

Visturon
2006-12-06, 11:13 AM

Caeradwyn reaches under the giant coat he holds at his side and produces a copperpiece to hand the man while saying, “Ah thank yoo for yoor help.” He then turns to everyone else who has arrived “Shall we head oon in oor wait for the oothers too catch oop?”

tikitiki1
2006-12-08, 12:43 AM
The Crown and Three

The Crown and Three is a simple two-level tavern built of roughly hewn logs, looking like most other buildings in the area: hastily and cheaply put together. Inside, it looks like a typical tavern, but a tad nicer. A long bar takes up one corner with a staircase leading to the second floor opposite it and an enormous oak table across from it. A tumbler performs in an area cleared of tables for a decent sized audience scattered about the tables and bar stools. In one corner sits a hunched figured with wild wisps of white hair sticking out at odd angles from his hood. At his table (which is only half the size of all the other tables) sit the two women who had left so hastily after being told they could not see the Oracle until the were stronger, engaged in conversation with the eccentric looking man. A bulky man leans casually against the door, his sleepy half-closed eyes sweeping the room lazily.

Crown_and_Three (http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/theeon/Map2.jpg)

Visturon
2006-12-08, 11:13 AM

Caeradwyn keeps his eyes on the hunched man as he walks toward the counter and takes a stool. Calling to the bartender, he orders an ale and gestures his gathered party over.

deadpony
2006-12-08, 11:18 AM
Ziad "Scrud" Sneekyfoot

Looking around at the crown and three, the halfling felt a slight sence of insecurity. New places always gave him mixed feelings of nervousness and exitement. His eyes darted left and right until he found who appeared to be the man he was here for. Taking a deep breath for extra confidence, he approached the hunched fugure at the smaller table. "excuse me old timer," Ziad began, "Me and my... um... comrades are looking for trouble... that is... were not looking for trouble... but if you have any then we will.. um... relieve you of it...." He gave a hopeful look and waited for any type of reply.

Vazzaroth
2006-12-08, 02:06 PM
Balthazaar enters the tavern and stops inside the door. He looks around, enjoying the shade from the sun and keeping his face under his hood still.
He walks over to the bar that Caeradwynis seated at, and sits as far away as possible in the corner, while still being at the bar, saying nothing.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-08, 08:28 PM
As Knoton walks through the door he notices the halfling making conversation with the hunched man in the room. He walks up behind Balthazaar, saying
Draconic: should we threaten the guy to get our answers, or let the incompetant halfling do it?
after saying this he takes a seat.

Vazzaroth
2006-12-08, 11:51 PM
Returning his answer to Knoton:
Draconic:I'd like to not get involved. I'll see how he does.
He continues to sit at the bar, not ordering anything and looking straigh ahead.

Chu
2006-12-09, 07:35 AM
Bastiel walks up alongside Ziad, not saying a whole lot, but letting the would-be thief do the talking. He lays his hand as casually as he can on the hilt of his sword, just to let those two women know it was there. He had a bad feeling as to who they were, but also refrained from saying that for the moment.

tikitiki1
2006-12-10, 12:42 AM
The old man stuttered to a halt and looked blankly at Ziad. The dark-haired woman across from him slowly turned her frosty gaze on the halfling and his companion, giving them a withering look, clearly unimpressed with Bastiel's obvious display of his sword. The smaller woman, her rich brown skin contrasting sharply with her strangely pale hair, began gently drumming her fingers against the tabletop.

"Interrupting someone when they're in the middle of a conversation is generally considered a very rude thing to do," the dark-haired woman said in a tone that could freeze lava. "Especially when you clearly have no idea whom you are interrupting. For all you know this so-called 'old timer' could be be the king of Taralyn," she said, naming the kingdom directly to the south. "And he could have you beheaded for such impudence.

"As it happens, he is not the king of Taralyn, but that in no way makes your actions more justified. I would strongly advise you to think twice next time before barging into someone's conversation or you might find that you yourself are incapable of holding a conversation ever again." She gave him a menacing glare and began brushing the inside of her left wrist with her fingertips as if she had some kind of itch.

"Jade," the old man said nervously, addressing the dark-haired woman, "there really is no need for that, I don't mind helping him."

"Oh, be quiet. You can help them when you're done with me." Then, turning back to Ziad, she snapped, "Go away and wait until I'm done. Then you can talk to him."

Vazzaroth
2006-12-10, 01:20 AM
Balthazaar turns his head slightly to watch the woman talk. Knoten will probably notice Balthazaar's breathing become harder, and somewhat erratic, as well as look tense beneth the black robes. His face is still obscured by the shadows of the hood, however. He begins muttering very quietly. Only those at the bar can probably hear him well enough to understand what he is saying.

...Should KILL her! Guards... I could strike her down... All talk, can't here.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-10, 01:03 PM
Knoton turns to Balthazaar
Draconic:whats wrong, is everything okay?
Knoton turns to the Barkeep and orders a drink, he pays the man, then slides the drink over, hoping it will calm Balthazaars nerves

Vazzaroth
2006-12-10, 01:57 PM
No.... I'm fine.

Balthazaar takes the drink and downs it in one drink, making his hood fall down, showing his pale face again. He then resumes watching Ziad and the group talk to the girls.

Chu
2006-12-10, 04:11 PM
Bastiel rubs his chin thoughtfully as he contemplates what he overheard as he approached the table with his companions, and gives a friendly smile, hand still on the hilt of his sword to show he wasn't just a dunderhead. "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation with this gentleman, ladies. By the looks, and sounds, of you two, you seem to be in the same boat as us, especially considering you were told the same thing by the Oracle as ourselves. Why don't we work together for, as the lovely pale-haired one said..." He nods his head and gives a gesture in her direction, "...the common good."

Kirstin
2006-12-10, 06:55 PM

Basura chuckles to herself as she crosses the room and sits by Vist. She speaks loud enough to be heard around the bar but not across the room “I suppose we shall wait a minute then approach, hoping for a better result than those two seem to want to allow.” She then gestures to the Barkeep and orders a gallon of ale and six empty mugs, she fills one mug and takes a small sip as if it were fine wine.

deadpony
2006-12-11, 11:13 AM
Ziad flinches at what he started, "Im sorry, I didnt mean to interrupt, We can wait if you wish but I think it might be a bit wiser if we at least try to work together."With that, he gives a frustrated look and walks away to find better company. He notices a wild looking man talking to a dark figure in the corner. Those two dont seem to want to be involved with anyone here, He thought, He walked over to the wild one and tugged on his shirt. "HEY! My name is Scrud. Whats yours?" The halfling stood waiting for a reply.

Visturon
2006-12-12, 02:31 PM

Caeradwyn relaxes while slowly drinking his ale and replies to Basura in a voice of similar volume, “Ah have too agree with yoo aboot that, boot Ah wish they woold hoory oop soo that we might get oonder way.” He then takes another drink and looks across the room at Bastiel before calling out to him, “Ah doon’t think they woont too woork with oos soo we may as well joost enjooy a good drink.”

Fenria
2006-12-12, 02:59 PM

Patrick walked to the bar and set his gear down next to the stool he sat on. Nodding to Basura in thanks, he grabs a mug of ale and drains half of it.
"Ah, tha' remin's me o' home. Nothing like a good mug o' ale to make you feel ready for anything."
With that he looks across the room at the old man and the women talking to him, making sure that nothing would come of it.

tikitiki1
2006-12-13, 11:47 PM
The pale-haired woman sighed and plopped her chin into one hand, a thoroughly bored expression crossing her face. "Now you've done it," she muttered exhasperatedly.

Jade, the dark-haired woman, turned back to Bastiel with agonizing slowness, her chilling blue-green eyes narrowed to slits. Unhurriedly, she stood, unfolding herself inch by inch until her eyes leveled perfectly with Bastiel's.

"I don't think I would ever put myself in the same category as you. What makes you think you have anything in common with me? You and I are quite possibly as vastly different as two living creatures can be." She paused to rake her eyes up and down his form. "You are ignorant and weak. Do you honestly think you intimidate me with your big sword and your self-confidence?" Suddenly a dagger flashed into her left hand, which she began flipping deftly, the light from the torches glinting maliciously off of its highly polished, lethal surfaces. "I can be frightening too," she whispered, her voice like silk rustling on cold steel.

The guard at the door stirred reluctantly. "Jade," he rumbled, "don't start anything."

"I wouldn't dream of it, Thomas," she replied, not breaking eye contact with Bastiel.

"I'm sure," Thomas snorted.

"Now," Jade said, ignoring Tomas's comment, "Why don't you just go sit down at the bar, order yourself a drink like your friend so wisely suggested, and wait your turn patiently like a good boy?" She did not sit back down, but she had clearly already dismissed him and moved on to other things in her mind.

Chu
2006-12-14, 12:00 AM
Bastiel stands his ground, eyebrows raised in mild surprise. Cocking his head to the side a little, he blinks at her. "I... apologize, m'lady, if it seemed that I was trying to be intimidating." He raises his hand away from the hilt of his sword and shrugged. "I just saw that you two clearly knew what you were doing, and I should be prepared for any misgivings that might occur, but seeing as how it doesn't seem you're one that's prone to rash action, why don't we just talk? No for harsh words or harsher actions." He maintained his smile, not trying to come off as stand-offish.

[ Diplomacy check, meguesses?: 20 + 10 = 30, woot! ]
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=776058

[ Hopefully that'll do something :D ]

Visturon
2006-12-14, 12:39 PM

Caeradwyn begins heartily laughing almost hard enough to fall off his stool at the woman’s self-righteous speech before calling out, “Ah doon’t dooght that you be moore skilled than oor rag tag band here but noot by too mooch oor the ooracle wooldn’t have had yoo dismissed like a beggar in the same loot as oos!”. He once more breaks into uproarious laughter, then takes a sip of ale an continues to laugh but at a more civil level.

Theeon
2006-12-14, 02:54 PM
Hiroshi

Hiroshi moves and sits down at the head of the large table with his back to the stairs. He sits patientlly watching the events unfold infront of him.

tikitiki1
2006-12-16, 01:05 AM
Jade whirled on Caeradwyn, but before she could go off on another tangent her pale-haired companion caught her elbow and yanked her back into her seat.

"Jade, we're wasting time. Just ignore them and then we'll go," she said rationally.

Jade grumbled something unpleasant but began whispering again with the now thoroughly bewildered old man. The old man wrote something on a slip of paper and slid it across the table to Jade. Jade frowned slightly and shoved the paper away to the other woman without looking at it. She took it and unfolded it, nodded once, then thanked the old man and pulled Jade out of the tavern, Jade throwing dark looks at everyone she passed.

Chu
2006-12-17, 06:19 AM
Bastiel watches the women leave, confused as to why they were so unnecessarily hostile. Giving a shrug, he turns to the old man and smiles. "I hope I wasn't... interrupting anything too important?"

Kirstin
2006-12-17, 08:44 PM

Basura stands up and after collecting her mug and the pitcher she walks to the table of the old man and sits down calmly. “I have heard that you might know of some form of work that we might be of use in.”

[ Gather Info check; 1d20+7 =23]
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=783635

Theeon
2006-12-18, 02:22 PM
Bartimus looks around, a very confused expression on his weather-worn face. "Oh, they're gone..." His eyes seem to unfocus for a moment before he realizes that he is being spoken to. "Oh no, nothing tha' impor'ant. Sorr' 'bout Jade. She ge's a bit fiesty at times. I woul' know, if ya know wha' I mean," he says, nudging Basura and winking tipsily at Bastiel. "But, if'n you be wantin' work, I may be in th' know of some. Bu' I don' give such val'ble in-fer-may-shun out to jes' anyone who asks it of me. I got to make a profit out o' this too ya know," he says, eying Basura's pitcher of ale, then Basura herself. Whatever he saw in the small woman clearly didn't impress him though, because he wrinkled his nose in an almost childlike manner and turned expectantly back to Bastiel.

Chu
2006-12-18, 09:31 PM
Bastiel grinned widely, sitting in the other now-vacant seat, leaning over to reach into one of his pouches. "I like your style, Mister; forward and to-the-point! I think I have just the remedy for Tight lip-itus, though..." He produces a modest 15 gold pieces and lays them gently before the old man. "A common cure for a common ailment."

Fenria
2006-12-18, 10:37 PM
Patrick

Before Patrick walks over to the table where his friends are gathering, he orders a full pitcher of ale, and carries it over to the table with him and his gear.
"An' why don' I throw in drinks all-a-roun'? A stomach full a' ale, an' a purse full a' coin. You need nuthin' else. What say you?"
He then smiled heartily at his companions and the old man.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-20, 10:47 PM
Knoton turns to the halfling, acknowledges him, then turns back staring toward the wall he says:
I'm sorry small one, i was deep in thought, trying to anticipate just how the conversation was going to end, I hope I did not come across as rude. I feel very uneasy in a place like this and i was hoping to reassure myself, get my barings and understand the situation.
He turns to to halfling pats him on the shoulder and smiles shyly

deadpony
2006-12-21, 11:57 AM
The halfling returned the smile. "I dont believe I caught your name," he said with a smile, "and seeing on how it looks like we will be traveling together fo a while, it might be useful information to have. My name (incase your thoughts did not permit you to hear it before) is Ziad, but you can call me Scrud." Ziad finished his statement by giving his new friend a friendly pat on the back, hoping to wake him from any daydreaming he might still be doing.

Visturon
2006-12-21, 12:36 PM

Caeradwyn stands slightly awkwardly while collecting the empty mugs and with a crooked but still coordinated swagger approaches the table, setting the mugs down and swings his gear to a rest against the end of the table where he stands giving Basura a confidant smile before turning to the old man and adjusting the coat over his arm. “Ah hoope with a fooll purse and stoomach yoo might be ready too help oos oot?”

tikitiki1
2006-12-21, 11:51 PM
Bartimus's eyes gleamed as he took in the offering before him. "Aye, now tha's wha' I'm on abou'." He hastily wiped the coins into his palm and vanished them somewhere in the depths of his cloak. He then helped himself to a mug of ale, from which he drank deeply before divulging. "Now. I gather ye be after th' same type of 'work' what Jade an' Gabrienne be after. Where I sent them may be over th' heads of the likes of you, but I've go' some someplace for ye an'way. There's a dwarven establishment jes' south of here, bu' no one 'as heard a thing from it for nigh on a fortnight. There's suspicion tha' it's been overrun, but by wha' we can't say. More'n likely tis goblins or some other such nasty buggers. But tha' little dwarven camp was gettin' to be a pretty big supplier roun' here and t'would be a great help if you coul' jes mosey on over there and checky it out. It may be tha' it's jes nothin' but it woul' be good to know fer sure." With that, he buried his face in his mug again, guzzling greedily.

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-22, 02:55 AM
Knoton turns to Scrud and states: I'm known as Knoton, and again i apologize, i hope i did not offend.

Vazzaroth
2006-12-22, 09:17 AM
Balthazaar shot a sideways glance over to Ziad for a moment, then gave no further aknowledgement. He was watching and listening to the old drunkard talk about work.

When it appears the man is done speaking, Balthazaar gets up from the bar, and procedes to leave the bar. When he passes by Caeradwyn and any others, he says softly: Looks like we are going south.

He will wait just outside the place, leaning next to the doorframe to be able to listen to any possibley important talk still to come.

Chu
2006-12-22, 08:50 PM
Bastiel hmm's, not finding anything unusual about dwarves being overrun by goblins; he had never even seen a goblin. "Hmm, sounds like a squabble down there... sounds a good an opportunity as any!" He grins and turns to his new, strange companions that had joined him at the table with the old man. "Without further ado, eh?"

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-23, 04:45 PM
Knoton gets up and follows Balthazaar out of the building.
When outside he turns to Balthazaar
Draconic: So we're going to kill goblins.....Atleast we know what we have to do. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to use their their corpses for your experiments.

Vazzaroth
2006-12-24, 04:03 AM
Balthazaar smirks slightly, his mouth barly visable from under the hood's shadow, but it fades again. He talks calmly.
I always look forward to relieving the curse of life, especially something so wretched as goblins.
He tilts his head somewhat in Knotten's direction.
And in the future, don't speak of my (Draconic:)"Experiments" in public.

Chu
2006-12-26, 10:46 PM
Bastiel turns to whomever of the eight who left the tower together remain inside the tavern. "I suppose we may as well follow Tall, Dark, and Moody's example? I'd still like to know all of your names and what you can do, but I suppose we have plenty of time to get to know one another..." Nodding to Patrick, he heads out.

deadpony
2006-12-28, 12:52 AM
"Hey!! Wait up!" Ziad yelled as he scrambled after knoton. He decided he might as well try and stay somewhat in the middle of the crowd. far enough away from danger but close enough not to fall behind.

Fenria
2006-12-28, 10:13 PM
Patrick

Patrick catches Bastiel's nod and returns one of his own. "Thank ye' kindly ser. Tis greatly apprecia'ed." With that and a bow, he shouldered his pack and headed out the door.

Kirstin
2006-12-29, 11:16 PM
Basura AC:12 HP:9

Basura stands and addresses Vist as she heads to the door "Come on the group is ready to leave so we ought to go about our way." She walks out the door and nodding to those already out there speaks to Knoton "As quiet as you are you are a man of nature and so I ask if you would guide us to this camp."

lvl27FreakShow
2006-12-30, 11:59 AM
Knoton turns to Basura "If the others have no objections, i have no problem with that. But if one of them thinks they know better, then let them lead."

Chu
2006-12-30, 02:29 PM
Overhearing Basura's and Knoton's conversation, he turns to them with his usual smile, albeit with a more sheepish look than normal. "Well, I for one haven't had the... um... experience of the out of doors all that much... I say this fellow is as good a guide as any... but I don't believe we have your name, Mr...?"

Visturon
2006-12-31, 11:47 PM

Caeradwyn nods in agreement and heads outside "Let's get oonderway since we all seem ready too goo, lead oon, Knootoon, Ah believe it was.?."

lvl27FreakShow
2007-01-02, 01:04 AM
Knoton smiles shyly, then says: It looks like i'm stuck leading the way, lets head out the way we came in, i have to find a friend outside the city, then we can get headed in the right direction, any objections?

Vazzaroth
2007-01-03, 05:04 PM
Lets go already. Just start.

Balthazaar sighs, making his dark cloak expand and contract.

But, no, no objections here.

Theeon
2007-01-08, 02:25 PM
Bartimus

You know if you guys dont get leaving soon some one else might beat you to the cave... or the problem could just get worst.

Theeon
2007-01-09, 11:18 AM
(double post i know but it needs to show up)
Knoton

Knoton walks out of the tavern and heads north to the main city gates (in the opposite direction you need to go) once out side the city he starts making a wierd whistleing sound and waits for the other party members to show up.

Visturon
2007-01-09, 12:57 PM

Caeradwyn follows Knoton closely and watches curiously as he begins his whistling.

Kirstin
2007-01-09, 02:32 PM

Basura follows Knotons lead and intently watches the druid as he goes about his business. She wonders if this has to do with animals shes heard follow some people of the wilderness.

Fenria
2007-01-09, 11:51 PM
Patrick

"I know tha' I'm nah' leadin' the way bu', aren' we supposed to be goin' tha' way?" Patrick looked around from face to face, obviously confused. Why were they going this way? It didn't make sense!

(OOC: remember that he isn't too far up on the food chain as far as brains are concerned...)

tikitiki1
2007-01-10, 11:21 PM
From deep within the darks forest the sound of padded footfalls, a sort of whump whump, reached their ears. As the sound grew closer, a large dark form came into view hurtling through the woods toward them. In seconds the form resolved itself into a large wolf. Its thick fur was a glossy silver-blue that glinted in the dappled sunshine streaming through the trees. It burst out of the underbrush and skidded to a halt in front of Knoton, sitting down immediately and training its azure eyes on his, completely ignoring the others.

((The no-posting still holds. Sorry. It should only be a little longer, I promise. Blame Theeon if you're unhappy))

Theeon
2007-01-11, 02:51 PM
You all make your way south toward the general area Knoton believes the cave is in. After a few hours of marching you make it to the foot hills. They are surprisingly barren with little to no vegitation growing. Large rocks litter the ground ranging from three to six feet tall. After about an hour of exploring one of you finds the cave entrance hidden among a particularly dense cluster of rocks. As you aproach the entrance a small figure speakes up surprising you. He was leaning aginst one of the large rocks about five feet in height.

slevin
2007-01-11, 03:16 PM
Seeing the approaching party
I wouldnt go near there if i were you.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-11, 07:44 PM
Oh? And what is it about you that makes you so much more knowledgeable than us?
Balthazaar turns his head up at the small figure, to look down over his nose at him as he speaks.

Typical attitude. For a dwarf.

slevin
2007-01-11, 11:11 PM
Grom takes stock of the rag-tag group of marauders in front of him while thinking. His face is hard and his reply is sharp.
(Elven:)Your mother never loved you did she?

The only reason that i tell you this is just to give you a fair warning. i have seen many go in but none have returned. But then again, you DO look like a big tough man so go ahead and be my guest.

Turning to the rest of them he speaks louder
I will bestow upon any of you the same kindness that you yourselves bestow upon me. I am Gromilium Stoneshard. You may call me Grom. I am no more an enemy to you than you are to each other.

Kirstin
2007-01-12, 12:25 PM

Basura chuckles and responds with a smile “I am not so sure as to how much we are actually friends in our own little group,” a noted look toward Balthaazar, “but I for sure welcome you into our midst. I am Basura, a student of the Arcane.” She offers the dwarf who stands over her a hand in greeting.

slevin
2007-01-12, 01:10 PM
It is an honor to make your aquaintence, fair maiden.

He takes her hand in his and kneels down as he kisses it.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-12, 01:46 PM
Balthazaar "hmph"s and walks by the two, to look at the area that lies ahead of them.

Theeon
2007-01-12, 01:54 PM
Hiroshi

Hiroshi stands there looking grumpy and eyeing the newest arrival

Visturon
2007-01-12, 02:26 PM

Caeradwyn responds with his usual friendly talkative attitude “Ah see we be in the presence oof anoother gentleman, Basura.” Also offering the dwarf a hand, “My name be Vist, a man oof the swoord, and the angry woon be Balthazaar, a magician.” A gesture to him. “Our Nooble in the rear proodly shoowing impacience be Hiroshi Hatori.” A look for him. “Yoo proobably knoow more thin oos aboot the caves and whatever yoo’ve warned us about that lies within. Could yoo tell oos whoot yoo knoow soo we might plan together since Ah dooubt yoo coold dissuade oos froom gooing in.”

slevin
2007-01-13, 07:05 PM
What do I know? I know that many men have gone inside, but as of yet, none have returned.

Chu
2007-01-14, 08:02 PM
Bastiel, somewhat indignant that he was left out of the introductions, steps forward. He had been towards the back of the party for the trek thus far, unfamiliar with the wilderness.

"Bastiel at your service, Sir Dwarf. But might I ask... why do you sit around outside of a cave long enough to see "many men" going inside, and none coming out?"

slevin
2007-01-15, 02:05 AM
[Pardon my changing of the story, but the stupid DM just tonight let my have the full info of why i am there to begin with. :-) ]

I came because I heard of a new dwarven settlement that is close to my elven lands so I headed here. When I arrived all was well. The leader of this mine knew I was a scout and so he sent me out to scout the surrounding area. when I returned from my trip a short time ago, I noticed strange tracks and the guards at the gate were dead.

(Elven:)I do not like burying the dead. But i did what i must.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-15, 03:29 AM
Balthazaar turns his head in the direction of the conversation at the mention of deaths, but then turns his back to the men once again, and continues to survey the surrounding, boredly. If there are any signs of struggle nearby the rest of the party, he will go look around it, otherwise he waits. ((Blood, bones, any of that good stuff.:D))

Theeon
2007-01-16, 12:34 AM
Balthazaar notices some blood stains near the entrance of the cave and two large drag marks leading away from the entrance but finds nothing else that is that noticeable

Kirstin
2007-01-16, 01:02 PM

Basura listens intently before asking, “So then you have no idea what is in the cave system?” She then looks like she is thinking intently before saying “Are goblins not loud andstupid and unlikely to remain unidentified? And so these probably aren’t goblins in there?”

slevin
2007-01-16, 03:13 PM
You may be right maiden, but I ask, why are you here in the first place? he says while looking at her interesting symbols on her clothes.

Fenria
2007-01-16, 08:55 PM
Patrick

"We have been told to become more powerful so tha' our destinies may become clearer to the grea' Oracle." Patrick steps up from behind the rest of the group and also holds out his hand. "I am Patrick Flannigan. I, like Vist here, live by the sword, though the sword is a hammer, not a sword."

slevin
2007-01-17, 01:01 AM
Shakes the protruding hand.

Nice to meet you. So this great power? Where did you hear of this from?

Kirstin
2007-01-17, 12:32 PM

Basura pats Patrick on the shoulder shaking her head and responds to the dwarf “Are you referring to the power of the oracle or the power we must achieve? Patrick spoke of both.” She turns her gaze towards the entrance and gives a curious look, “How deep do you think these caves go beyond here?”

Visturon
2007-01-17, 12:49 PM

Caeradwyn notices Balthazaar looking around at the cave and walks up to him, “See anything oof noote? This cave oof death doos noot seem too be a good oomen too me. Is there soom way yoo coould detect hoow mooch death ooccurred here recently?” While talking he swings his load of gear off his back, looses his shield, and for the first time that you’ve ever seen removes the huge coat from his forearm and straps it over his gear and replaces it on his back. He then mounts his shield on his arm and stands ready, awaiting response.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-17, 10:25 PM
Balthazaar stares silently at the bloodstains for quite some time, unaware of the conversation going on behind him. After a time, his neck snaps up to face the cave. He grabs the large scythe from it's holster on his back, and brings out quickly, with a distinctive "Shwooong" noise. During this, his robes flair rather dramaticly, and he is now much less covered up by them, revealing both his pale, sickly face, and his dark leather armor. He takes a step in the direction of the cave, but hesitates, then turns his head back to the group behind him.
"We're never going to get more power like this."
He then starts on his way into the cave, walking leisurely entering into the shadows.

Chu
2007-01-17, 10:32 PM
"H-hey, wait!" Despite Balthazaar's unnecessary showmanship, Bastiel felt some measure of concern for his somewhat unwilling comrade, and followed after him, securing his belt around his waist and following Vist's example, fitting his shield onto his left arm.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-17, 10:54 PM
Balthazaar, secure in his refuge from the evil sun, will turn on his heel and wait for Bastiel in the mouth of the cave, but will look quite impatient, and won't wait for anyone that dosn't appear to follow, taking lead if no one else steps up.

Chu
2007-01-18, 01:02 AM
"You shouldn't just storm off like that... Balthius, was it? The Gods only know what treachery lies in wait down here..." Having said that, he shrugs one of the straps of his backpack off, reaching in and pulling out a sunrod, striking it off a nearby rocky surface and holding it up with his shield arm, looking about.

slevin
2007-01-19, 12:48 PM
Grom pulls out the M shaped leaves in the middle of his chain belt and takes it off. It is now noticeable that it is a spiked chain, but the spikes look more like thorns of a rose bush.

Both he says responding to Basura.

He turns and walks up even with Balthazaar looking him over coldly.

Elven:Necromancers. UGH!

Visturon
2007-01-19, 02:48 PM

Caeradwyn walks in after Balthazaar placing himself just barely farther into the cave
[Elven]-"Yoor talents serve oos better if yoo have a shield-man between yoo and any dangers, Ah hope yoor willing to watch my back if Ah'm helpin' watch yoor froont." He smiles at Balthazaar then guestures to the party to follow and says "Yoo'all readyfoor the foon part?" Caeradwyn draws his sword.

Kirstin
2007-01-19, 03:10 PM

Basura walks over standing just behind Grom and Balthazaar,
[Elven]- “I can say that I’ll watch your back Vist, as best I can.”
She turns back, “Patrick, would you be kind enough to be my shield if I watch your back?” Speaking to the whole group, “From here in lets be as quiet as we can and hold together. Grom, when you think I should, seeing as you’ve seen the layout, I’ll scan for magic as a precaution.” She draws her crossbow and loads it.

slevin
2007-01-19, 07:40 PM
Therein lies the problem maiden. I have not seen much of this cave system. A few paces, but no more. I would rather not go spelunking by myself where i know that creatures lie in wait.

Elven: Just because i am a Dwarf fair maiden does not mean that i am not smart. I in fact cannot even speak dwarvish. But take me not for a fool. By the way, besides you and Caeradwyn, who else in our band of adventurers can speak elven?

Grom smiles a sly little smile.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-19, 11:16 PM
Balthazaar

Balthazaar squints at Grom.
Elven: I could say the same about dwarves.
He turns away from the small man and towords Caeradwyn.
You. Strong man. Lets keep this to Commen, eh? I have no love for the elven language.
He moves out with the rest of the group, looking at the ground and mumbling under his breath.
Smart dwarf. That's a reletive term if I've ever heard it.

slevin
2007-01-20, 03:04 AM
Elven:Watch your tongue necromancer or you might awaken one day with it in your hand.

By no means do i wish to create any turbulence in your merry little band of adventurers, but i think that we shouldget one thing clear. I am only a dwarf by race. Nothing more and nothing less. I consider myself Elven, and i would hope that you have the common courtesy to treat me with the respect that i have bestowed you. I do not appreciate comments like that and i will not put up with them. With that said, lets go.

Grom walks forward into the cave with a short glance back towards the maiden.

Kirstin
2007-01-20, 06:39 PM

Basura takes in Grom’s statements and in a matter-of-fact way but not cruelly replies “I’m afraid that until we earn his tolerance we will all have to tolerate Balthazaar’s snide remarks, However I intended no insult in anything I said nor do I hold anything against either dwarves or elves. Vist, Patrick, would you two mind taking the lead, Grom I believe your being dwarven by race lets you see in the dark? So could you move in with them? Knoton, Bastiel, could you hold the middle? Hiroshi, I believe you should stay in rear with Balthazaar and I as some spare protection from the back.” She loosens the small straps on the little pouches lining her belt with her freehand and then holding the crossbow ready turns to Grom, “We can speak of those powers later and I know not what all everyone here speaks.”Looking to all her companions, “Does that order sound good to you all?”

Visturon
2007-01-20, 11:22 PM

Caeradwyn’s smile fades for a moment upon the dwarf’s statement and he follows up Basura’s comment “Ah advise we doont resoort too threats and, Balthazaar, Ah joost feel moore coomfoortable speeking in elven than in this hooman tongue.” He then does this full body shudder and stretches his arms rolling his shoulders and says to Basura “That soounds too be a good oorder too me.”

Theeon
2007-01-21, 12:03 AM
Cave Entrance
The entrance for the cave is made out of roughly chiseled walls. It looks as if some one hastily cut it out from a smaller natural cave. You can see veins of shiny metals lining the walls. At the far end of the cave is a large stone door of obviously dwarven design but parts of it are missing like pot holes.

Fenria
2007-01-21, 12:51 AM
Patrick AC: 19 HP: 14/14

"I agree with Basura, me and Vist here should be at the forefront to take the bulk of the abuse with our superior defences. We can then work our way into flanking positions as we spread out the ranks of the enemy. Goblins tend to break easily, so if we divide them into manageable groups, assuming this is a sizable force, we will route them quickly." Looking around, he could see his companion's stares as if they didn't believe that the tactic would work. "Look, I've fought Goblins and Orcs in similar conditions, like when they assaulted my home and my people took to the caves. I know how they fight, if you can call awkward swinging of improvised weaponry fighting, but I also know how deadly they can be. Our advantage lies in strategy and teamwork." Satisfied that he had explained himself, he took to the front of the group, next Vist. His shield was strapped tight to his arm, his hammer was in his hand, his pack lay near the entrance of the cave. He took up his stance as they proceeded into the darkness.

(OOC: Check the OOC for notes about this post)

Chu
2007-01-21, 01:38 AM
"That marching order sounds fine to me, m'dear, though should I be somewhat towards the front?" He indicitavely twiddles the sunrod in his hand, and draws his sword, observing the veins of metals in the rock walls.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-21, 03:22 AM
Balthazaar 9/9 AC:16

Balthazaar stares at Basura, saying nothing. When the others start talking, he breaks his gaze and focuses on his scythe blade, and letting the others assemble in front of him. Before they head out, holds his hand in front of himself, now staring at that, then a dim, slightly purple light engulfs it, now closing into a fist. The energy pulses, then fades. He looks up with a smirk, and a renewed attitude. "Let us not hesitate any longer."

slevin
2007-01-22, 02:31 AM
Gromilium AC:15 HP: 10/10

Grom shofts around semi uneasily.

Yes, this is quite a good order for us to be marching in. But i ask, can we please get moving. Being underground dredges up memories that i am not fond of remembering.

Grom starts to rattle his chain back and forth.

Elven:I much rather prefer the cool air of the forests.

Visturon
2007-01-22, 09:55 PM
Caeradwyn AC:19 HP:15/15

Caeradwyn talks in a low voice “Noo disagreement with yoo boot Ah think we ooght too be quiet soo we can get back too that foorest woon day. If any yoo all need speak say it befoore we head throough that door.” He starts toward the door moving in to what he feels is a good position for him to enter in.
[now in square (13,H)]

Kirstin
2007-01-24, 12:18 AM

Basura moves forward to were her position aught to be based on her plan [square (10,G)] and looks to the rest of the group silently waiting for someone other than herself and Vist to act on the plan everyone agreed to.

slevin
2007-01-24, 11:35 AM
Grom holds his position in the front of the cave waiting for patrick and vist to catch up. He turns and watches Basura as she walks to her place.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-24, 02:05 PM
Balthazaar follows everyone.

((And will be doing so until combat.:smallannoyed: ))

Visturon
2007-01-25, 09:24 PM

Caeradwyn suddenly steps forward and puts all the force of his powerful body into a swing of his sword to try and damage the door, "Patrick it will take oos booth too doo this."
attack and damage at door (1d20+4=20, 1d10+3=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=844175)

slevin
2007-01-25, 10:11 PM

Grom starts searching the door for any other way of entering it.

(Elven):Just a moment my friend. im not sure that you can break it down with force.
Search also +2 for stonecunning (1d20 +4=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=844232)

Fenria
2007-01-26, 01:13 AM

Patrick stops his hammer in mid swing as Grom steps forward to inspect the door. "Has your search brought up anything of note, good dwarf?" Patrick rests his hammer over his shoulder and waits for the dwarf's findings. But he was hoping those findings would turn up nothing. He did so want to smash something...

Chu
2007-01-27, 04:39 PM
Bastiel has a moment of inspiration, raising his hand and closing his eyes, starting to mutter something. He stops short, however, and looks around, clenching his hand into a fist, walking up and knicking the tip of his sword against the door. "This seems mighty impractical, if you ask me..." He lays a hand on one of the gouges on the door. "Seems like someone else was here as well trying to get in... probably those goblins?"

Theeon
2007-01-28, 10:59 PM
Vist's mighty slash leaves nothing but a scratch on the massive door, while the steel sword makes an eerie ring as it reverberates.

lvl27FreakShow
2007-01-29, 09:03 PM
Knoton takes a step back and turns to Balthazaar Draconic:So, what exactly is "supposed" to be happening? Seeing that the others have drawn their weapons, he reaches for his sheild placing it in/on (whatever) his left hand and grabs for his club with the right

Vazzaroth
2007-01-29, 10:14 PM

Balthazaar sighs.
Draconic: "It looks like these strong-men are intent on breaking this fortified door."
"There must be someway that dwarves get inside their own structures. I would like to think the local dwarve would know, but based on what he's said so far, I wouldn't count on it."

slevin
2007-01-30, 01:20 AM
Grom nods thoughtfully.

I cannot find anything on this door that would elude me to open it from the outside.Of course there has to be another way in. But i have no idea where it might be. maybe we should spread out a little and start searching.

anarch_nomad
2007-01-30, 02:49 PM
"Why should we listen to you mister "im not a dwarf on the inside" I was unaware you were apart of our what did you call it? oh ya "merry little band of adventures" ."

Grinning, Ziad leans against the wall and lights his last cigarette

Stares through the smoke, unblinking,at Grom.

slevin
2007-01-31, 01:14 AM
Grom smiles back.

If that is what you wish little man, then just ask me to leave. As for now, i just want to get my promised gold, and after this outing, if you would allow me, then i would like to meet this... what did you say it was? "Prophet" that you all are speaking of.

(Elven):If any of you wish me to leave, then, please, let me know now so as i do not waste my time making friends with you. But for now, i think that we should all just try to find a way to get inside.

Kirstin
2007-01-31, 10:26 PM

Basura looks thoughtful during all the proceedings before saying, “Grom, did you say that you had seen people enter since the caves were attacked? Because if so then these gates must have closed after them or they went in another way. And also is that a metal lacing the walls and might it be running through the door as well?” She looks around the room with a curious smile before adding, “I certainly hope that we all don’t have to resort to threats to cooperate and that we may work as allies for whatever time we need without any troubles among us; so we may as well get used to each other.” She then walks up to the door and running her hand over one of the holes inspecting it asks the group, “Do you really think these are goblin created?”

search for signs of source (1d20+5=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=852523)

slevin
2007-02-01, 02:05 AM

(I believe that i will just take a 20 on another search check if thats alright with y'all. so that leaves me with a 22.)

Elven:It is not a threat fair maiden, but merely a test to see which of you adventurers are true friends. With the short man who smokes the cigarette told me by smiling is that he was merely being funny and means no harm. As i feel no threat to my life of most of your party.He looks toward balthazarMost.

anarch_nomad
2007-02-01, 02:40 AM
Zian Cackles, oh you actually thought i was joking?
Throws cigarette down, stomps out the cherry. Coughs a few times. I do agree with Basura though, if we keep squabbling like small children we wont be getting anywhere.

Chu
2007-02-01, 11:02 AM
Bastiel nods. "This is, of course, sound advice. Does anyone have any other lightsticks, or maybe a spell or something? I'm going to take a look around the walls... perhaps Master Dwarf was on to something when he mentioned searching the place."

[Also taking 20 on the search, giving me 21]

Kirstin
2007-02-01, 10:39 PM

Basura turns from the door and says in a fairly loud voice “Unless they had some weird battering ram these weren’t created by a goblin. It took a lot more force than any goblin to create these. We aught to stop thinking of goblins and be ready for whatever could create these.” She gestures to the door with a worried look and turning to Patrick and Vist says, “If no-one is finding anything then you aught to proceed smashing and we all better hope it doesn’t draw out the beast.”

Vazzaroth
2007-02-01, 11:51 PM
Fine with me.
I'm ready to kill something. Anything.

Balthazaar eyes the new dwarf for a moment, before breaking his gaze to start messing with his scythe.

anarch_nomad
2007-02-02, 12:12 AM
I concure. Well tell me when you need my talents.Ziad sits down legs crossing over each other. Thieves' cant:soon that dwarf like all his filthy kind will learn their places.
looks at ground and grins.

slevin
2007-02-02, 01:31 AM

Grom walks over to the door and starts feeling around.

My, My. These dwarves are tricky ones arent they. I found the switch. Ready Yourselves!

Grom activates what looks like a small rock on the wall to the right of the door. He then steps back into formation.

Theeon
2007-02-02, 10:57 AM
As Grom flips the hidden switch a small hissing noise is heard and the rock face to the left of the door cracks open. You see it is another stone door carved in such a way that you would never think of it as not part of the natural cave wall. It swings open and leads into darkness.

Vazzaroth
2007-02-02, 07:25 PM
Balthazaar sighs when Grom is able to open the door, even if he wasn't expecting a hidden entrence.

I knew there was some way.

He stops examining his scythe and is ready to move on.

lvl27FreakShow
2007-02-03, 01:03 AM
Knoton turns to Balthazaar
Draconic: Took em long enough, how long is it gonna take to step through the door?

anarch_nomad
2007-02-03, 01:45 AM
Ziad scratches the back of his head. Well im impressed you actually did something.He then proceeds to get up slowly. Thieves' cant:Well,stretches arms it looks about time to use you meat bags as human shields. Looks around the group.

Fenria
2007-02-03, 12:39 PM
Patrick HP:14/14 AC: 19

Patrick quickly placed himself between the group and the cave, shield and hammer at the ready, just in case anything should sttack them from the darkness. Looking to Vist to see that he was also ready, he said, "Let' go." and proceeded slowly into the cave.

Theeon
2007-02-03, 01:25 PM
Hiroshi

"Move you insufferable fools my time is valuable and you are wasting it"
he taps his foot impatiently.

Vazzaroth
2007-02-03, 02:35 PM
Balthazaar looks at Hiroshi.

That's my line.

He will follow the group.

Visturon
2007-02-03, 04:02 PM

Caeradwyn cuts in front of Patrick and proceeds up the tunnel in front of the group, stopping just inside[14,E] he turns back giving hand signs to direct the party into a new order: Patrick following him, followed by Grom, Bastiel, Knoton, Ziad, Balthazaar, Basura, and Hiroshi bringing up the rear. He then turns back and waits for some sign to continue up the tunnel.

Kirstin
2007-02-03, 04:11 PM

Basura reaches into her bag, pulls out a sun rod, walks over to and hands it to Patrick, and says in a voice low enough that only Vist and Patrick can hear [Common Whispered]: “I’m ready to fall into line when we move out.” She then holds her crossbow ready.

[Now in (13,F)]

slevin
2007-02-04, 02:46 AM

Grom gets into his place in line(not sure where that is exactly on the map) and readys himself by once again rattleing his chain. he nods to Caeradwyn signaling that he is ready to proceed.

lvl27FreakShow
2007-02-04, 04:27 PM
Knoton AC:17 HP:8/8

Knoton takes the spot suggested to him by Caeradwyn, and nods signaling that he is ready

Chu
2007-02-04, 06:47 PM
Bastiel applaudes softly as the door is opened, making sure not to make too much hubbub. "Excellent work, Mr. Stoneshard! I'm certain your dwarven cunning will come in handy down here, regardless of your upbringig." Falling into the predesignated formation, Bastiel readies his sword and shield.

Theeon
2007-02-07, 11:02 AM
At the end of the tunnel you see another stone door. Luckily this one has a handle. The group piles into the tunnel in the aforementioned order bothe sun rods are able to illuminate the entire tunnel. (note: map to come later tonight, (secondary note: sorry Knoton your wolf will be added to the map to night as well.))

Chu
2007-02-07, 11:43 AM
"Well, at least these fellows had some sense of convenience... I just hope this one isn't trapped." Apprehensively, he raises his shield to protect himself before Patrick tries the door.

Visturon
2007-02-07, 08:31 PM

Caeradwyn motions for Patrick to activate the sunrod given him by Basura and opens the door and steps through into the second space straight through it [16,H].

Fenria
2007-02-08, 12:06 AM
Patrick

Patrick is only just able to spark the sunrod into life as Vist stepped through the door. Holding the sunrod with his shield hand, and holding his shield slightly out, he's able to direct the light haphazardly down the tunnel. He quickly catches up to Vist through the door.

Theeon
2007-02-08, 12:42 AM
Vist turns the handle and the heavy door swings toward him abruptly. He tries to charge forward, but his path is blocked by a small, furry, pumpkin coloured creature, who appears just as surprised to see Vist as he is to see the creature. Only a small sliver of the room is visible to Vist, and even less to Patrick, but Vist can see several more of the scruffy beings, looking as though they had been preparing to ambush the main door. He can also see at least one thick pole that looked to be a very hacked up tree on the ground that he supposed had been used as a battering ram. As both Vist and the creature (as well as its fellows beyond) get over the shock it begins yelling something in a strange gutteral language. [Goblin]:Elves! Hit them! Here, here! Hit them hard!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/theeon/cave-1.jpg
((roll initiative Yay! for battle, surprise round canceled out, no one was aware of either group))

Vazzaroth
2007-02-08, 12:51 AM
((May I just say: Finally))

Init.: (1d20+3=14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=863999)

"I've heard most of the civilized languages... and that's not one of them..."

Chu
2007-02-08, 10:25 AM
"Wh-what was that?!" The would-be warrior's eyes widen in fright at the inhuman speech.

[ Init: 4 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=864450 ]

slevin
2007-02-08, 11:40 AM

What was that sound?

initiative (1d20+3=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=866408)

lvl27FreakShow
2007-02-08, 09:17 PM
Knoton AC: 17 HP: 8

1d20+2=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=865432)

Knoton just smiles, waiting for his chance

Visturon
2007-02-09, 12:42 AM

Caeradwyn replies to the small critter, [Goblin]: "Not elves, Death."

Initiative (1d20+3=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=865709)

Kirstin
2007-02-09, 12:50 AM

Basura states "Agreed on the uncivilized; Looks like the fight is on!"

Initiative (1d20+2=21) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=865718)

Theeon
2007-02-10, 03:08 AM
Battle order

Knoton
Gromilium
Balthazaar
Patrick
Hiroshi
Vist
Ziad
Basura
Bastiel
Wolf
Monster

((note that my last post was edited/updated suggest you reread))

Fenria
2007-02-10, 04:11 PM
Patrick HP: 14/14 AC:19

Patrick readies himself by preparing to throw the sunrod into the room, past the creature that he can just barely see in front of Vist.

(Initiative: 1d20+7=19)

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=868299 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=868299)

anarch_nomad
2007-02-10, 05:12 PM
Ziad Hp 6/6 AC:18

What was that? As Ziad pulls out his crossbow.

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=868352

(Initiative: 1d20+4=20)

Visturon
2007-02-12, 03:56 AM

Vist calls over his shoulder "Shall I break throough or pooll back!?"

Chu
2007-02-12, 09:11 PM
Bastiel HP: 9/9 AC: 15

"I-I don't know! What's going on?!"

[ Bastiel is obviously cracking. ]

slevin
2007-02-13, 02:50 AM

Only one way in and thats through these HOTH

lvl27FreakShow
2007-02-14, 09:57 AM
Knoton AC:17 HP:8/8

Realizing he has no idea what is on the other side, Knoton decides to delay, atleast until Caeradwyn informs the group of what is on the other side of the door.

Vazzaroth
2007-02-14, 07:33 PM
Balthazaar will take a couple steps away from the large, necromancer crushing doors.

((10 feet north, I think, away from the doors))

Visturon
2007-02-15, 12:30 AM

Caeradwyn calls back "We be fighting gooblins and there be a fair noomber foor oos too take oon!"

(If I am left to act, or when my turn comes, then the following occurs)
Caeradwyn hefts his sword and brings it down into the goblin in his immediate path. attack at goblin (1d20+4=14, 1d10+3=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=875560) And if successful at dropping the goblin walks 15 feet straight forward [16,H].

Fenria
2007-02-15, 06:54 PM

"GAAAAHHH!!! I HATE GOBLINS!!!"

(upon my action....)

Patrick throws the sunrod past Vist and into the room, providing some light in the room. Then he attacks the Goblin around the corner from him. (Damn you half-cover!!!)

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=876605 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=876605) (16) attack

http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=876607 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=876607) (7) damage(If I hit)

Theeon
2007-02-16, 12:21 AM
Gromilium readies to attack the first enemy to come within 10ft.

Kirstin
2007-02-16, 01:16 AM

Basura moves back next to Balthazaar and readies her crossbow to fire upon any enemy that should come into the main chamber.

anarch_nomad
2007-02-16, 08:21 PM
Ziad like Balthazaar takes a 10 foot step back away from the doors of halfling crushing.

Theeon
2007-02-17, 03:06 AM
Patrick throws his sunrod into the room illuminating it further (though none of you can see it). Vist's blow barely misses the creature and Patrick's is is avoided due to the difficulty of fighting threw a doorway. Three of your members retreat a little away from the heavy stone doors while the rest of you sit there not really sure of what is happening. The three monsters closest to Vist all strike out at him but none of the pathetic attempts are successful.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/theeon/cave1.jpg

Visturon
2007-02-18, 02:26 AM

(when my turn comes)
Caeradwyn once again strikes at the ugly little creature, [Goblin]: "You all die today!" attack at goblin (1d20+4=24, 1d10+3=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=880417) critical check (1d20+4=11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=880424) and then walks 15 feet straight ahead [16,H], and calls back to the others "Time too let them die!"

Fenria
2007-02-21, 11:24 PM

Patrick runs through the door and across the room to stand next to Vist.

"This isn't exactly what I had in mind for a battle plan!"

(New position: H-15)