PDA

View Full Version : Unique Undead Classes or build ideas?

RedDragons
2013-03-19, 02:32 PM
I hate to fish right now, but am facing a brain drain, does anyone have any interesting ideas for undead with classes build idea? Was thinking a sort of ghost with bard levels or a baelorn with that, but looking for more things to look into.

Callin
2013-03-19, 02:42 PM
I always wanted to try out the Sepulcheral Thief from Cityscape. The +6 LA is harsh, but if you ever get killed you inhabit the most expensive item you posses then you reapper 1d10 days later. As long as they dont destroy of cleanse the item you inhabited.

Shining Wrath
2013-03-19, 03:24 PM
Something that instead of draining levels drains skill points?

JaronK
2013-03-19, 08:55 PM
A really straight forward one is Necropolitan Whispergnome Factotum 8/Mindbender 1 (then more Factotum) with Lifesense and Mightsight. That creates a small undead assassin who basically always knows where everyone else around him is.

JaronK

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-19, 09:02 PM
Gravetouched Ghoul human into warblade/swordsage focusing on tiger claw is fun.

The Viscount
2013-03-20, 11:54 PM
I've always been tempted to use an undead to make use of the spell drain feat from LM. I feel with enough caster enemies it could by quite fun.

Thurbane
2013-03-21, 12:31 AM
I've always been tempted to use an undead to make use of the spell drain feat from LM. I feel with enough caster enemies it could by quite fun.
Yeah, I had an Iron Chef build for Dragon Disciple that used Soul Eater to get level drain, and the Spell Drain feat - never got around to submitting it though.

Gildedragon
2013-03-21, 02:52 AM
Oooh. Undead Radiant Servant. I wonder if it'd turn itself...

The Viscount
2013-03-21, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I had an Iron Chef build for Dragon Disciple that used Soul Eater to get level drain, and the Spell Drain feat - never got around to submitting it though.

It's probably better that you didn't, because there were two soul eaters that round, one of whom took Spell Drain.

I've also thought a neat idea would be two characters, one living, one undead, where the undead character took the lifebond feat and the living took levels in death's chosen. It could be pretty good crunch-wise, and rather fun rp-wise if one fluffs them to be depending on each other in a strong equal bond, rather than the master/servant feel for death's chosen.

Guizonde
2013-03-21, 01:59 PM
this thread is relevant, i'm sure (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272683).

some great builds were suggested, but didn't fly with my character's fluff. i like the idea of the uber necromancer though, or the fear-o-tron bard.

good luck building your character :smallsmile:

RedDragons
2013-03-21, 02:58 PM
right now am fiddling with the idea of a half-blood delyekar