View Full Version : Pump Up My Warlock

Daemonhawk
2013-03-19, 09:10 PM
I have a level 11th Warlock that I want to get the most out of. Any official WotC material is usable.
How should I start?
Is there a Prestige class I should take?
Are there certain feats I need?
Please and thank you.

Xefas
2013-03-19, 09:12 PM
Do you want to primarily:
1) Deal lots of melee damage?
2) Deal lots of ranged damage?
3) Have lots of versatility/utility?
4) Be really good with crafting and using magic items?

Answers will vary heavily, depending.

edit: Here's a Warlock handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252715), for your own independent study.

Daemonhawk
2013-03-19, 09:18 PM
Hmmm....Ranged. I think I'll get enough magic items out of this campaign.
Ranged damage...Or, whatever damage is the highest.

Erik Vale
2013-03-19, 09:22 PM
Melee is highest damage due to eldritch glaive.

Daemonhawk
2013-03-19, 10:12 PM
Glaive lock sounds pretty fun. is there a way to get a bonus to EB damage? As in, like, +1 per level, +2 per level or whatever.

Erik Vale
2013-03-19, 11:58 PM
Helfire Warlock, binding Nebarious through feats. +6d6 per turn [2d6 per level], and if you manipulate bloodlines and another class I can't remember, legacy something, you can go beyond that.

Psionic Meditation and the melee version of Psionic Shot. +2/4d6 per turn for a move action.

Crucible of Eldritch/fell [not sure] power. +2d6 in a item.

stack
2013-03-20, 10:58 AM
You can't get the ability recovery from Naberius through feats, only with a binder dip. The feats don't grant that ability.

Getsugaru
2013-03-20, 03:26 PM
May I please direct you to this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256845).

Hope it helps. :smallamused:

Socratov
2013-03-21, 09:27 AM
even better:

The Newest Warlock Handbook by Snowbluff, based on Thiago Martell's Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265455&page=1)

You are welcome. If you really want awesomeness don't go for the glaivelock, but go for the clawlock.

Else I can advice the crafterlock which can do just about everything...

nedz
2013-03-21, 09:53 AM
Crucible of Eldritch/fell [not sure] power. +2d6 in a item.

Chasuble of Fell Power — CArc p148
Lesser +1d6 8,000 gp
Greater +2d6 18,000gp

It's a Scarf basically.

Rod of Eldritch Power — CMage p127
Buy a little used (5/day) Shape or Essence.

Probably not worth it for the stuff you Glaive or use all of the time.
Eldritch Spear (4,000 gp) or Eldritch Cone (36,000 gp) are probably the best candidates.

Snowbluff
2013-03-21, 10:38 AM
even better:

The Newest Warlock Handbook by Snowbluff, based on Thiago Martell's Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265455&page=1)

You are welcome. If you really want awesomeness don't go for the glaivelock, but go for the clawlock.

Else I can advice the crafterlock which can do just about everything...Thank you. Which reminds me, I've got to take a look at my handbooks again. Now that I am break, I have time for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate that and the maneuvers handbook I've been making. The Hellfire Warlock section is much too long and needs revising.:smalltongue:

If you are looking to lay on a little more hurt, getting Sneak Attack and Craven are pretty good for that. I would strongly suggest Vitriolic Blast, adds a bit of damage, since it save you an SR roll and helps you versus Golems.

Legacy Champion and Uncanny Trickster will progress anything level-dependent, including Hellfire Blast.

Socratov
2013-03-21, 12:07 PM
and ofcourse, don't forget the Warlock Scepter, you can use charges to add d6's to your EB. But the handbook is your best bet...

EDIT:

This is not in the handbook, but fell flight qualifies you for flying feats. I forgot what the feat was called, but there was a feat that allowed you to break up your movement action (much like shot on the run) as you see fit while flying. It could greatly improve your battlefield control and maneuverability and since you will only use a standardaction (and maybe a swift action) you will have that moveement action to use and I advise you to make use of it. I'll go digging for the feat and if I find it I'll tell you.

EDIT 2: the feat is called Flyby Attack and you can find it in the Monster Manual . (so within core even :smallwink:)

phlidwsn
2013-03-21, 03:54 PM
Chasuble of Fell Power — CArc p148
Lesser +1d6 8,000 gp
Greater +2d6 18,000gp

It's a Scarf basically.

Rod of Eldritch Power — CMage p127
Buy a little used (5/day) Shape or Essence.

Probably not worth it for the stuff you Glaive or use all of the time.
Eldritch Spear (4,000 gp) or Eldritch Cone (36,000 gp) are probably the best candidates.

Both are also listed in MIC:Chasuble on 85, Rod on 63. The Warlock's Scepter is also updated in MIC to be 5 charges per day rather than 50/ever