PDA

View Full Version : Prestige class help pls! Firbolg Fighter 5/Cleric 3

Balldanor
2013-03-19, 09:30 PM
I've been researching different prestige classes that would suit my guy.. I'm playing a mutated Firbolg (10'6" tall, 850 lb) with 5 fighter levels and 3 cleric levels. (Started as an AD&D char that switched to 3.5 at lvl 2)

Str 20
Dex 13
Con 18
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 3

He had partially mutated into a snake-like creature when the relic sword of the Cult of the Dragon (Tiamat's followers) was disintegrated by a black dragon's acid breath weapon..anyway, I digress. He was a CG fighter until the sword was attuned to him and turned him into a NE Death Cleric of Tiamat. As a result, the transformation started and he got introduced into the Cult of the Dragon.

The reason I'm posting is because the DM ruled that any prestige class choice will be a permanent one. He is not allowing switches from prestige classes to any other class once it's chosen, so I have to make absolutely sure that I have everything from the fighter & cleric classes that I need, as well as choose a prestige class that I'll be happy staying in for who knows how many levels. That's making my decision 10 times harder.

Current feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus longsword, Weapon Specialization longsword, Improved Overrun

Domains: Destruction & Hatred

Skill ranks: Concentration (4), armorsmithing (6), weaponsmithing (7), Handle Animal (1), Intimidate (11),Jump (1), Spellcraft (2)

I will probably get enough XP from the current fight that we're in to bump me up to 11th level, so if it came down to a 2 level dip in something to avoid the XP penalty, I can do that, but as you can see from my stats, anything dependent on charisma or intelligence aren't going to be practical. The most appealing PrCs so far have been Vassal of Tiamat (love the half-dragon and flying) and Talon of Tiamat (5 breath weapons + increase in spell casting lvls is nice), but again, it's something I'm going to have for the rest of the character's career, so I want to get the pros/cons and any other suggestions that people may have.

Thanks in advance.

Arcanist
2013-03-19, 09:40 PM
Are the levels you have at the moment locked in? :smallconfused:

Balldanor
2013-03-19, 10:37 PM
Are the levels you have at the moment locked in? :smallconfused:

Yup.. I can toy with the last 2-4 skill points I spent but that's about it..can't do anything with the levels.

Balldanor
2013-03-20, 03:52 PM
Just trying to bump this ..if anyone has any ideas it would be a big help...the killer is not being able to switch out of the prestige class once its done for me so I'm trying to come up with best options

Balldanor
2013-03-23, 12:52 AM
Ok, so I've been thinking about this a little more and figure it might be worth trying to mess with core classes a little more before delving into a prestige class. Does anyone have any opinions about me taking 4 lvls of either barbarian (for the 2 rages and uncanny dodge) or warblade (battle ardor won't help me much since I have a 10 intelligence, but the maneuvers and stances would be nice).

I was thinking 4 lvls (maybe 5) because any more than that would require me to take more levels of cleric to go along with it to avoid the XP penalties for multiclassing.. Any advice on this would really be helpful.

Bedimere
2013-08-22, 10:49 PM
If I were you with the class build you have currently I would go Black guard
It's from 3.5 look in the dmg (Dungeon Masters Guide)

Rebel7284
2013-08-22, 11:30 PM
You could go a few more levels of cleric and then do war hulk. :D

Averis Vol
2013-08-22, 11:35 PM
How heavily Draconic based is your campaign? is there enough of an overtone to warrant a dragon based PrC?