PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Stacking Guide - D&D 3.5

OREO
2013-03-19, 09:33 PM
Stacking... one of the most complicated "it's not complicated" things I've ever tried to get a handle on with my builds (especially casters). I'm curious if there is comprehensive guide in existence that lists everything (items, spells, feats, racial, etc...) by each of the following category headings (for stacking purposes)?

EDIT: To clarify... I'm not looking for the stacking rules associated with each of the listed modifier types, rather I'm looking for a comprehensive list of anything/everything that would be defined under one of the modifier types below.

For example, under Armor Bonus there would be Standard Armor of course, but also Mage Armor, Bracers of Defense, etc... and so on listing everything that falls under each heading. Such a list would make it much easier to avoid stacking confusion as you would not be able to stack two "things" listed under the same heading (There's always a weird exception, but you get the point).

Does such a list exist?

Modifier Types:

Ability Modifier

Alchemical Bonus

Armor Bonus

Circumstance Modifier

Competence Modifier

Deflection Bonus

Dodge Bonus

Enhancement Bonus

Insight Bonus

Luck Modifier

Morale Modifier

Natural Armor Bonus

Profane Modifier

Racial bonus

Resistance Bonus

Sacred Modifier

Shield Bonus

Size Modifier

mattie_p
2013-03-19, 09:42 PM
Magic of Faerun, "The Magister" template, contains a holy (not sacred). I suspect there is an unholy bonus, but can't find it now.

sonofzeal
2013-03-19, 11:45 PM
Complete Champion has a PrC that gives a "divine" bonus. I suspect it's an editing mistake and they intended for it to be "sacred", but as-written it's different.

TuggyNE
2013-03-20, 01:05 AM
Is "ability modifier" really a type, and if so, where are its stacking rules?

Also, needs Inherent and Perfection in the list.

OREO
2013-03-20, 02:30 AM
Is "ability modifier" really a type, and if so, where are its stacking rules?

List was cut and paste from SRD... linked below.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#abilityModifier

TuggyNE
2013-03-20, 07:50 PM
List was cut and paste from SRD... linked below.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#abilityModifier

Huh. What do you know. Not sure how I missed that all this time.

Keneth
2013-03-20, 08:01 PM
It really isn't that complicated...