PDA

View Full Version : IC {lost but searching}

Doc_Pippin
2013-03-19, 10:15 PM
A little history

The Old Age
The Days of the Mage Lords: A tyrannical period in which the people of the world were ruled by decedent Lords of magic. In the last years their power their arrogance grew exponentially until they began to challenge the Gods and Dragon Lords from which they drew their might. Finally their tyranny was ended by the source: The Gods retreated to their own plains and The Dragon Lords laid waste to the great libraries where man had stored the knowledge the lords had given them, before fleeing to the other Planes, leaving a world with no magic.
-50,000 to -30,000

The Time Without Magic or Gods: The first years after the Schism the Mage Lords still held power but shortly after Warlords and self-proclaimed Kings began claiming and taking what they could, This four to five hundred year time period became known as the Ruin Wars. It was followed by many short lived reins and many rising and falling kingdoms.
-30,000 to -25,000

The Return of the Gods: Pelor was the first of the Gods to return to the world. Then more returned bringing with them a trickle of magic.
-25,000 to -25,500

Return of the Dragon lords: The First of the dragons began to return from their self-induced exile and began to again share their knowledge with man but not nearly so freely.
-20,000ish

The Time of Rebirth: This time is difficult to place as some say it began when Pelor returned other not until the Great City of Reddmyr was restored and the great calendar was started and the Sages proclaimed the start of the New Age. This age was led from Reddmyr which had been made the capital of a new and powerful nation named Lananter.

The New Age
0-6,224: The Years of Conquest: During the beginning of the age Lananter's kings led many wars and campaign into the wild places of the world uniting the warlords under one banner.

6,224-7,695: Lananter begins loosing land to the power as the Eternianna Emperium rises to power.

7,695 to 11,851 The two Great Nations end their war and begin a period of peace.

11,851- A great Lich named Unx who claimed to be a former Mage lord began amassing great power but not waging any wars or taking any hostile action. He claimed to have foreseen a great cataclysm tens of thousands of years ago and took on Lichdom before stowing himself away until he was needed. A great many heroes attempted to end him but he was far too powerful.

13,043- The First outbreak of the Spell Plague was seen in a farming community, call Goldenshire. The world blamed Lich Lord Unx naturally

13,121- The Spell Plague had become wide spread and nearly 20% of the worlds populace had been wiped out only to rise again and spread more death across the land.

The Age of Sorrow
13,134- The City of Reddmyr falls to the plague. The closed gates and large population made this a massacre. Over three million people died in a matter of days. It is estimated that ten thousand or less actually made it out of the city. The fall of the city brought with it the destruction of the Great calendar and the end of an Age. The Brief period of that followed was dubbed the Age of Sorrow.

Year Zero- A legendary group of adventurers known as the Guardians regathered and went on a hunt for the true cause. Among them were Galinta the Devote, Shaka the Wild, Kaballa the Mad, and Mala Ora the Everwise. They were accompanied by Lord Unx, this was of course more than shocking to those who knew of the Quest.

Year of the Exodus- Two years after the Party set out Kaballa returned alone and began gathering those that had survived the Plague and the undead and led them to a great Portal that led to another plane one free of the Plague. During the Caravan a being in a black robe lined in a mystical looking metal, appeared and began throwing a strange sort of magic at the caravan severing the magic links that held them to the path and throwing them into oblivion. Kaballa began battling the man but the crossfire hit a small group, which you all were a part of, it sent you sailing into oblivion.

In the now!!!

As you drift in a seemingly infinite slumber a slow warmth permeates your body. Even as you dream you feel the warmth seeping into every pore of your body. It continues to grow and grow until you feel the warmth beginning to become painful. It stings the skin and makes you sweat. You begin to realize how thirsty the heat has made you. But not waters in the dreams will stop this thirst.

You are suddenly awakened by a cruel gust of wind and sand across your face. As you open your eyes the abnormally bright rays of the sun are blinding and painful. You feel as if you had slept for days and your muscles are sore and are suffering from slight atrophy. Before even moving you can tell that you are lying on hot sand, but this makes no sense as the last memory you had was of the great fight on the caravan in the plane between planes, but that seems so long ago now and the current stinging of your skin and brightness of the sun force themselves too the forefront of your mind.

The winds carry sand that cut the face, not deeply enough to draw blood but enough to irritate the sun scorched skin. As your senses begin to adjust you begin to hear the wind it sounds like a whip that never finds it's end to crack. Then as your ears become more adjusted you here the grunts and groans of people near by no doubt just now being rudely awakened in the same manner as you. Even as you try to adjust your eyes you are forced to shield them to open them without some pain. This sun seems alien in its brightness, in fact even on the hottest day in your memory it had never shown so bright.

Welcome to enigma!!!

Orison
2013-03-19, 10:51 PM
Elli pulls her cloak tight around her face and squints through her hand, into the sky. "Well that was fun" she says to herself in a crooning, sarcastic tone; as she climbs to her feet and tries to figure out where she is.
Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

Azoth
2013-03-20, 02:24 AM
Maruuk groans as Kou nudges him with his snout. A heavy hand thuds into the sand as he pushes himself up. His long mess of hair already coated in the hot sand. Dark eyes meet the wolf's piercing blue as Maruuk rises to a low crouch. His hands moving to reassure his friend that he is fine.

A deep voice echos almost like a growl from his flaking and dry lips. Any other survive? Is Maruuk and Kou alone?

NagromC
2013-03-20, 05:26 PM
Aegon groans and rub his eyes as he gets up. Great... Sand in my scales. it will take forever to get it all out. Aegon then procedes to get aware of his surroundings. Now where am I?

NagromC
2013-03-20, 06:10 PM
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Doc_Pippin
2013-03-20, 07:45 PM
Elli

Though the new light makes seeing anything almost impossible you manage to deduce a few abnormalities, the first is the porcelain white sand almost like snow that reflects the sun light. The second and far more troubling is that there are two suns in the sky. One almost identical to the one you are familiar and another that is smaller and near blood red in color. As for the sound all you can hear is the wind and the other survivors.

Aegon

You manage to peer through the glare and catch images of your surroundings the first is the porcelain white sand almost like snow that reflects the sun light. The second is a shadowy outline of a building to the north just out of range for you to focus. The final and far more troubling is that there are two suns in the sky. One almost identical to the one you are familiar and another that is smaller and near blood red in color. Far in the distance your keen ears pick up a feint rumble, but apart from that the wind and other survivors are all you hear.

Azoth
2013-03-20, 10:20 PM
Maruuk looks to the others as he rests a hand on Kou. His body still not leaving the crouch. Who you be? How we get here? You friend or enemy to Maruuk and Kou?

Orison
2013-03-21, 01:11 AM
Elli jumps with the bombardment of various voices around her, instantly distracted as she tries to discern her whereabouts.

"My goodness! Hello there folks, I do not believe we've formally met! Th' name's Elli! Looks like we've all managed to end up on the same bad-luck-boat, huh? Glad to know a few others survived..."

Elli, squinting through the brightness; begins to adjust to the light and looks to the other survivors wearing a big, warm smile. With a bow and a twirl, she Flits over to Maruuk and Kou, and greets them both politely.

"Why how do you do? You've got quite a fine looking friend there! So who's who? Is this beautiful wolf Mr. Maruuk?"

She smiles sweetly, to the pair and holds out a hand.

Azoth
2013-03-21, 01:36 AM
Maruuk places a bone gauntlet coated hand on his chest as he rises to his full standing height of seven feet. I, Maruuk.. His other hand lands with a loud thud, seemingly unnoticed, onto the wolf's head. He, Kou.

Shifting the hand from his chest towards Elli he smiles broadly like a simpleton. His chapped lips revealing sharp teeth similar to those of a wild dog. Elli...friend...with Maruuk and Kou?

Kou is walking slowly around the pair. He seems rather interested in the woman that would approach Maruuk. His panting sniffs audible as he moves. No outward sign of aggression shown, but then again a near three foot tall wolf can be mean looking without intending it.

niw18
2013-03-21, 09:48 AM
Luxferre awoke and looked around to get his bearings before slowly standing up and dusting off his body of sand. He would try remember if he ever visited this plane but he was sure that he never visited nor seen this one before and had no idea what to expect danger wise.

He would scan the area with his eyes try to see if he spotted any other people that is around that was part of exodus.
He would try to search for a good focal point to use for a landmark so he did not wander around the hot uncomfortable sand and made sure that there was no one near him before he started his search for others and water.

search
[roll0]

spot
[roll1]

Survival
[roll2]

NagromC
2013-03-21, 03:34 PM
Aegon treads over to the group of others and introduces himself. Hello, my name is Aegon. Do any of you know what happened or where we are at the moment?

Orison
2013-03-21, 09:03 PM
Smiling warmly at the pair, she bows to them both.

"Well now! I'm certainly not your enemy! My apologies Maruuk, and to you as well Kou! "

She kneels down and holds out her hand for Kou to sniff. Looking over her shoulder at the approaching figure. She stands up and greets the dragon-man, bowing ever so gingerly;

"'Tis a pleasure to meet you Aegon, and unfortunately, no I cannot say I have any idea where we could possibly be..."

Azoth
2013-03-22, 04:55 PM
Kou sniffs Elli's hand for a moment before losing interest and moving back to Maruuk's side. Maruuk looks to the new comer for a moment before shaking his head in response to the question, his mangled hair sending clumps of sand and trapped leaves falling to the ground.

Maruuk no know. If friends want Maruuk try to find shelter and food. Maruuk good finding food. Trust Maruuk take care of friends.

With that Maruuk gets a broad grin on his face. A low growl escapes his lips as he looks down to Kou, then the two are off.

Survival roll to find food and shelter [roll0]
5ranks+6wis+2 self sufficient+2 synergy+5 Primal Instinct +2 aid another from Kou

While searching Maruuk and Kou move at 25ft/round

Orison
2013-03-22, 11:16 PM
"Well Aegon, I don't know what you have in mind, but since I don't seem to have any more pressing matters to attend to; I suppose I'll follow this fellow and his wolf. Hopefully they'll not mind!"

Elli smiles and nods, then skips away, following behind Maruuk and Kou. She hums a quiet tune as she begins to move.

NagromC
2013-03-23, 08:33 AM
"I don't have anything better in mind" admits Aegon, and procedes to follow the others

Doc_Pippin
2013-03-25, 01:30 AM
@ Luxferre & Maruuk

You spot the hazy outline of some sort of building approximately 2000 meters away. It is large but with a sun rising behind it you can not make it out. You also find a trail form what seems like a caravan, mostly hidden by the sands, it leads towards the building but it seems to be over a day old and many parts have been erased. No wildlife or water can be found.

Azoth
2013-03-25, 07:23 AM
Maruuk stops as he notices the tracks. A hand moving to them and touching them lightly as Kou sniffs them a few feet ahead of him. He turns to speak, Large group go that way. Building there, really really big building. His hand outstretched to point to the building on the horizon as he resumes leading the group towards it.

Orison
2013-03-25, 12:09 PM
Elli comes to a stop with the group and looks the the structure Maruuk points to. She nods to him and begins to gauge the wind as they continue toward the building.

If the wind isn't too strong, Elli will zip into the air and gain a better vantage point while traveling above the rest by about 150 feet.

If the wind is too blustery, then Elli will stay on the ground, examining her surroundings passively as she walks with the rest(with spot and listen checks rolled at your discretion).

NagromC
2013-03-25, 08:04 PM
Aegon hurries to catch up with the others but stops to inspect the building from a distance. Well, that is an odd place for a building, but I guess it is our best bet in the middle of this desert for finding food and water. I think it would also be wise to mention the uhh, rumbling sound in the distance might mean trouble is headed our way, it would be best to seek shelter, and it looks like our only option is that structure. Opinions?
If I can guess a rumbling sound is a sandstorm without a knowledge [nature] check, I warn them, if not forget this part.
Aegon will also continue making spot and listen checks as he goes

Orison
2013-03-25, 10:12 PM
"Rumbling? What rumbling?" Elli remarks in a lackadaisical tone, though still shooting a serious look in Aegon's direction as she speaks.

Doc_Pippin
2013-03-25, 11:47 PM
@ Elli

As you rise you begin to notice the wind is far more violent over 100 ft up. You get a slightly better look at the building as you rise. One of the suns glints brightly off of the structures ceiling. I appears that the ceiling is composed of glass or something similar that has been facetted to reflect light outward.

@ Aegon

The sound is unlike any storm you have heard. It is very quiet but the source appears to be underground.

Azoth
2013-03-26, 02:19 PM
Maruuk stops at the mention of rumbling. He looks to Aeoon. Maruuk no sense rumble. Kou no sense threat. We move carefully, maybe it no bother us. If it bother us, Kou and Maruuk handle it. We good fighters. Nothing in home dare challenge Maruuk and Kou.. With that he sets off again, shifting to lead just a few paces ahead of Kou.

Survival to avoid natural hazards: [roll0]

Modifiers for passive spot/listen checks

Spot modifier: 11

Listen modifier: 15

niw18
2013-03-27, 10:58 AM
Luxferre would follow the tracks by his feet as he was not too happy as their rate survival was very low as there was no food or water present for him or rest caravan to sustain them self’s. He would approach the building and see more survivors of the caravan which was a good thing and carefully approach them.

He would call out ”I am with caravan I mean no harm do you have any that need healing” he would inquire to know if need use magic or just typical basic would be needed. He appeared human tall with a a long white beard that had white gown that had gold trim but also had symbols of healing on it. He had on his head a turban hat that covered his shaven head and had lustrous silver eyes that looked to the entire party that where at building.

NagromC
2013-03-29, 10:39 AM
It is coming from underground. But if you say you can handle whatever it is, lead on. Aegon shrugs and follows the others

Doc_Pippin
2013-03-29, 11:00 PM
As the group approaches the building obvious signs of disrepair become more and more noticeable. At first it appears to be some sort of arena but as the distance is crossed it starts to look more and more like the ruins of an academy. Large parts of the ceiling have collapsed in and some of the finer details have been washed away by the sands, yet what remains is unerringly beautiful.

The remaining panels on the ceiling appear to be made of a foreign crystal that while clear reflects the two suns rays out in a kaleidoscopic display unlike anything seen elsewhere. The colors seems to shine out only a few feet but the rainbow like patterns display beautiful colors that to your knowledge have no names. The missing panels cause gaps in the beautiful display. The walls appear to be made of polished brass which only causes a back light that makes the colors near hypnotic.

Above a massive brass door is a sign with a symbol that roughly resembles a crude mark of Pelor. The resemblance is uncanny but at the same time it is far more sinister, the face resembles that of fear and rather than gold the symbol is gray on black. Under the door is some odd scribbling distinguishable unless observed closely. The door it self stands almost 40ft tall with the sign about a foot over it.

Orison
2013-03-29, 11:38 PM
Elli zips over to the door examining it for traps before doing anything further.

Search(using trapfinding):
[roll0]

Azoth
2013-03-30, 02:54 AM
Maruuk and Kou stop a few feet from the door. Maruuk slouching so that his knuckles drag through the sand. He keeps himself low as he awaits the others to decide if they are to enter. Kou mimics him standing at Maruuk's right flank.

Do we go in? Maruuk no think anyone here. Shelter damaged. Maybe they kept going.

Orison
2013-03-30, 08:38 AM
Elli nods to the group knowing that she lacked the skill to find any traps and begins to speak.

"Well, I can't really tell if there's any reason we shouldn't enter, and it looks to be likely deserted; though it would at least be a spot of reprieve from the sun, if only temporarily."

With her statement, she turns back to the door and begins to attempt to open it.

Doc_Pippin
2013-04-01, 04:31 AM
With no sign of traps you push the heavy door open just enough to pass through, inside you feel a cool and humid air that holds a lingering foul smell. The room is darker than one would have expected showing only the light from the opening you had made. From what you can see the building is just one large room, with little to nothing in it. But much of the room is still shrouded in darkness.

Orison
2013-04-01, 10:12 AM
Unaffected by the darkness, Elli disappears into the shadows as she steps inside the building to investigate. She becomes invisible to others able to see in the dark, with thanks to her Ring of the Darkhidden.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]
Search:[roll2]

Azoth
2013-04-02, 03:25 PM
Maruuk and Kou follow in next. Maruuk's eyes adjusting to the darkness instantly as he looks around the temple. Kou, at his side, sniffing the air for signs of those not in the group that may lurk in the darkness.

Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Search [roll2]

Kou is actively using his scent ability to detect anyone/anything that gets withing 30ft of himself/Maruuk. If he detects a scent not belonging to the group he will take a move action to signal its direction to Maruuk.

Doc_Pippin
2013-04-05, 11:13 AM
The room is moist and dark, and the floor is haphazardly cobbled from rough stones. The floor appears to slant inward towards a eerie hole. The sounds of condensation dripping off the ceiling cast haunting echoes throughout the darkness and with adjusted ears you can hear the running water in the distance.

A cool wind seems to erupt from the hole in the center of the room, but when looked down only blackness, as far as the eyes can see.

Sorry, With the wife heading out I had alot of packing to do but I am back now

NagromC
2013-04-05, 11:17 AM
Well, this is a time when I miss being an aasimar, I lack darkvision now. Aegon sighs and proceeds inside.

Orison
2013-04-05, 09:28 PM
Elli's ears perk up at the mention of the planetouched. She grabs a caltrop from her pouch and grasping it, she imbues it with the light of day, illuminating the area around her. She turns to Aegon and speaks:

"You are...I mean, were an Aasimar? What caused your current manner of existence if you don't mind me asking?"

She smiles warmly as she looks down the hole and drops the caltrop into it, hoping to gauge the distance down. As she watches it fall, and the light quickly leaves the immediate area, her figure slides back into the darkness, hiding all but her voice.

Azoth
2013-04-06, 04:21 PM
Maruuk ignored the banter as he moves to watch the caltrop fall. If it isn't too bad, he may be able to find a safe way down into the depths. After all, they need to do something to survive long enough to find a way out.

*Maruuk has 120ft darkvision.*

Doc_Pippin
2013-04-10, 05:18 AM
As the caltrop falls it illuminates a rough chasm for about fifty feet before a screech erupts from within the hole and the light vanishes. Just before the light went out multiple shadowy blurs can be seen darting across the visible section. These images are followed by a low but powerful rumble beneath you. The ceiling seems to sing as the panels vibrate and loose rocks bounce lightly on the ground. It lasts for a few moments before settling back to silence.

Orison
2013-04-11, 12:48 AM
Elli speaks in a sarcastic tone;

"I have a feeling whoever lives here isn't used to visitors...also, I don't think they like light. You know though, just a hunch."

Azoth
2013-04-17, 03:45 AM
Maruuk watches the shadows move about intently for a moment even after the light fades. He shifts about slightly as he thinks.

Creatures now know we here. Creatures explain hole in roof. Last people here make it to keep creatures at bay. Something must happen that let creatures out still. People leave or died. We in same danger. Leaving good idea, maybe find better shelter without hole full of monsters that want eat us.

NagromC
2013-04-19, 09:19 PM
Aegon, hearing the rumbling again, and seeing the shadows, wonders if maybe this was the best idea.
Well, this is our only option for figuring out what has happened or where we are./ He rationalizes in his head.