PDA

View Full Version : Construct design help.

Elric VIII
2013-03-19, 11:48 PM
So, after looking over the various options, it seems that an Artificer that focuses on a single construct is not entirely viable. With that in mind, I have decided to focus on using my Homunculi for as much utility as I can, without dedicating all of my wealth to them.

My goal is to have...

...an Expeditious Messenger as an aerial scout. For this I need some advice on maximising its spot checks while not spending a large amount on increasing HD.

...a Furtive Filcher as a stealth scout. Same problem as above, how can I do this without spending too much on bonus HD?

...a Furtive Filcher as a vessel for theivery and deploying offensive alchemical items. For this I'm more interested in rules concerning things like dropping a bag full of thunderstones, alchemist's fire, etc. I would also like to find some way to deliver poison as a touch attack (maybe an exotic weapon or a feat).

...a MMI honunculus for deploying potions and beneficial items to my party (the Packmate seems like it would be less useful than a basic homunculus). I would like to potentially focus on pumping his UMD check for scrolls or wands. Is there a way for me to share skills in a way similar to a Familiar?

Any advice on acheiving these goals is appreciated.

Thank you.

EDIT: Also, are there any homunculi other than those found in MMI, ECS, and MoE?

Elric VIII
2013-03-20, 11:43 PM
Is there a way to get Familiar benefits on a Homunculus (or a mechanical familiar), maybe?