PDA

View Full Version : Divine/cleric/monster

Balor01
2013-03-20, 08:29 AM
So we have a village and next to it "big bad" appears. This "big bad" has the power to corrupt and give gifts (cleric levels) to its followers. The only problem I have is, I do not know which monster would well represent such a creature.

Got any ideas, playground? Which monster could stat-vise be a good representative of this ... thing.

Bakkan
2013-03-20, 09:38 AM
D&D is very combat-oriented in its ruleset. Because of this, the specific stats the creature has should depend primarily on what you want him to do in combat. The stuff that you described is going to have to be homebrew I think, which means that you as the DM can apply it wherever you please regardless of the monster's statblock.

Some other details that could also be helpful:
What does this thing look like? Does it need to be humanoid? Or does it need to be obviously monstrous (like an aberration or something)? Or something in between?

How do you feel about refluffing mechanics? It's easy to say that a divine class would be appropriate seeing as ghow he's giving out divine power, but you could refluff any class to be appropriate.

Karoht
2013-03-20, 01:40 PM
So we have a village and next to it "big bad" appears. This "big bad" has the power to corrupt and give gifts (cleric levels) to its followers. The only problem I have is, I do not know which monster would well represent such a creature.

Got any ideas, playground? Which monster could stat-vise be a good representative of this ... thing.

I can't begin to guess at the monster itself. I would fluff it as a being of former divine rank perhaps.
As for the effect of granting cleric levels, might I recommend a spell for that?
Look up on www.pathfindersrd.com a spell called Bestow Grace of Champion.
It's a 7th level Cleric spell that grants half your CL as effective Paladin levels. You get the charisma to saves, smite evil, lay on hands and channel. The spell does not work on actual Paladins is the only snag.
Now, you could probably refluff a spell like that to give you the effect you want. Use that as a template/guideline and go nuts.