PDA

View Full Version : Young adult black dragon - buffed

Balor01
2013-03-20, 08:59 AM
So, I have a young adult black dragon that party will meet soon. Dragon is about 75 years old. He has an underwater cavern in which he stores his loot (cavern is full of water).

I have a few questions about this dragon:

- How much gold would be appropriate for such a dragon to have in order to spend for his equiptment?

- What could be a good equiptment for such a dragon? (I am thinking of buffing touch AC, maybe some mirror image, perhaps something to boost saves )

- what PC class would it be logically for such a dragon to take? He had 75 years to study stuff after all

thanks

killem2
2013-03-20, 09:36 AM
Sorcerer is the most likely choice as they are born with those abilities.

As far as equipment, I like the idea of give dragons more flaunting equipment like magical crowns, magical rings, and so on.

I suppose the could have armor, but I'd still keep it to jewely like items, since you can always combine effects.

Balor01
2013-03-20, 09:39 AM
Right. Dragon gets sorcerer levels within his basic stats. Would it be logical for him to get also levels from say, cleric?

Krobar
2013-03-20, 09:52 AM
I would give him sorcerer levels and vastly improve his spellcasting abilities. A young adult black dragon is only a first level caster. He can cast Darkness 3x/day. Woohoo.

I would add sorcerer levels to improve his spellcasting.

A_S
2013-03-20, 11:33 AM
Since dragons cast off both the sorcerer and cleric spell lists with their sorcerer casting, from a powergaming perspective at least cleric levels would make no sense at all (he'd be better off just going more sorcerer). If you want to make him a dragon priest, that's a different story.