PDA

View Full Version : Random Idea

Rogar Demonblud
2013-03-20, 01:29 PM
I had a thought (which is dangerous, btw).

Rangers influence the behavior of their animal companions.

Mr. Scruffy is influencing Belkar's behavior.

Does this mean Mr. Scruffy is a ranger?

:smalltongue:

hamishspence
2013-03-20, 01:37 PM
:smallamused:

I think that there may be a rule that you can't advance an animal companion's Int past 2, and a rule that anything with an Int lower than 3 can't take class levels.

NerdyKris
2013-03-20, 03:11 PM
I had a thought (which is dangerous, btw).

Rangers influence the behavior of their animal companions.

Mr. Scruffy is influencing Belkar's behavior.

Does this mean Mr. Scruffy is a ranger?

:smalltongue:

While Mr. Scruffy is influencing Belkar's behavior, it's because he's growing as a person. Not enough to redeem him, but certainly not because of a class ability.

rgrekejin
2013-03-20, 03:17 PM
You call that a random idea? That's clearly related to the general discussions going on in this forum. These are random ideas -

Try pouring ginger ale on a satellite laser before you fire it. Not because I think it'll do anything cool, but just to see what happens.

I bet a lot of people would watch a television show about a time-travelling Theodore Roosevelt.

Tuna salad made with thousand-island dressing instead of the customary mayonnaise would probably be pretty good.

Philosophically speaking, it may not be entirely obvious what is and isn't obvious.

Someone should start a company specializing in hats for people with oddly-shaped heads. They'd get my business, that's for sure.

Vinsfeld
2013-03-20, 03:27 PM
It's funny how some people seem to take it seriously :smallbiggrin:

Rogar Demonblud
2013-03-20, 03:49 PM
Tell me about it.

Still, it would make for a cool character concept.

Thrax
2013-03-21, 02:16 PM
It's funny how some people seem to take it seriously :smallbiggrin:

By treating it as a joke, there really isn't much to say about it. Maybe "haha" at best.

By giving it a serious answer 1) you look like a dork, 2) you end the thread.

Ergo, there just isn't much to say in this thread. Feel free to prove me wrong.

hamishspence
2013-03-21, 02:41 PM
By treating it as a joke, there really isn't much to say about it. Maybe "haha" at best.

By giving it a serious answer 1) you look like a dork, 2) you end the thread.

Ergo, there just isn't much to say in this thread. Feel free to prove me wrong.

My approach was to do both- smile at the joke- and give a serious answer anyway. :smallsmile:

Joe the Rat
2013-03-21, 02:43 PM
We've already seen Mr. Scruffy have a significant influence on Azurite policy - before and after its fall. What he may lack in Awakened intelligence, he makes up for with Charisma.

He seems more like a Monk, anyways.

You call that a random idea? That's clearly related to the general discussions going on in this forum. These are random ideas -

Tuna salad made with thousand-island dressing instead of the customary mayonnaise would probably be pretty good.It is.

SavageWombat
2013-03-21, 05:17 PM
I bet a lot of people would watch a television show about a time-travelling Theodore Roosevelt.

This idea needs more love. Who's his sidekick? Does he have a baby bear with him? My daughter would watch the show if there were a bear in it.

"I do declare you boys picked the wrong Roosevelt!"

King of Nowhere
2013-03-21, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry to break it up for you, but the idea has already been proposed and expanded.
Mr Scruffy is an epic level housecat and as such his humanoid companion class feature is entitled lots of bonuses. His previous humanoid companion was lord shojo (who got 14 hd for it). After the death of his humanoid companion, scruffy has started to befriend and gain the fealty of another humanoid, Belkar.
That was the curreny state of the idea. I will add some other speculation now.
After the appointed time has passed (training a humanoid companion takes some time, there are rules about it) Scruffy took Belkar as the new humanoid companion. WE can see that belkar became stronger after the bonding. Actually, belkar was a 1hd halfling before it, but the epic nature of mr scruffy makes it so that the bonuses of the bond are bestowed upon the humanoid companion retroactively, before the bonding takes place. So history was rewritten with belkar as a high level ranger.