PDA

View Full Version : creating a beast, OK a little cheese

Eman Resu
2013-03-20, 02:57 PM
tried this over on En world without much success. I am to sub in as DM for upcoming session. The current DM has complained his party is over powered. They are 12th level but have many magicals that make them equal to a 14th level group. I have always introduced my big bad guy leader in a gestalt build, this has always worked out well. This party is evil, so now I want to intro a gestalt bigbadgood guy.

I was thinking of, and please baaare with me the cheese gets "a little thick", of making a lycanthrope (lion/tiger whatever?/VoP/Feral/warshaper on one side of gestalt and a combo of 1barbarian/ +? rogue on other side of gestalt. Thought was he was to be a good aligned punisher of the wicked, albeit a little on the animalistic side. If need be have all or part of Warshaper on this side of gestalt.

The LA and level progression is, well its confusing...help me with advice/rules whatever gets this build made.

Im thinking gorilla tactics, a hunter killer that has his attentions on this group

thoughts?

Eman Resu

Asteron
2013-03-20, 03:18 PM
How about a natural Feral Werebear Warshaper 4 (LA makes it 14 on this side) with some ToB on the other side.

Alternatively, if ToB is not allowed/ being used, you could go with some Fist of the Forest. It's pretty thematically appropriate even if it isn't the most optimized.

He would have problems with casters though. It goes without saying that they beat out melee at this level... Perhaps druid levels (taking a variant to lose wildshape because your Hybrid form is going to be powerful enough.)

Eman Resu
2013-03-20, 05:19 PM
How about a natural Feral Werebear Warshaper 4 (LA makes it 14 on this side) with some ToB on the other side.

Alternatively, if ToB is not allowed/ being used, you could go with some Fist of the Forest. It's pretty thematically appropriate even if it isn't the most optimized.

He would have problems with casters though. It goes without saying that they beat out melee at this level... Perhaps druid levels (taking a variant to lose wildshape because your Hybrid form is going to be powerful enough.)

theres no ToB allowed

also this is not a stand alone, basically I want to create a good aligned party that is every bit their equal. This tigerman is going to be the good guys meat shield

Asteron
2013-03-20, 10:25 PM
Ok, use the first part with a Fist of Forest build on the other... If you're still doing a gestalt build. Quite the meatshield indeed...