PDA

View Full Version : Rate my Minotaur

maximustyson1
2013-03-21, 09:15 AM
Hi first time poster short time reader. I am playing a minotaur currently 3 bar/ 4 ftr. str 24, dex 10, con 20, int 6, wis 11, chr 5. I went for a trip build using a spiked chain. Our feat selections are from all 3.5e D&D books no d20 ones. We are allowed two flaws which i took. My current feats are Imp toughness, power att, imp bull rush, knockback, shock trooper, exotic weapon spiked chain. I also took combat exp (which only applies to spiked chain) and imp trip. I was allowed to do combat exp because of the extensive back story I wrote about him using chains.

What I was going for was crowd control and attacks due to trip from chain. One of my questions is if i use knockback and shock trooper to bull rush mobs into each other and succeed in the trip do I get an attack on each of them coming from improved trip? If I do are both of them at my highest att in the trip and when I attack the second mob due to imp trip does the attack on second mob count as my second attack or does it fall under first attack?

I plan on losing the imp movement rate for lion totem to get pounce (pg 46 Com Chmp) I also planned on doing rage variant Whirling Frenzy (UE pg 66)Question: Can you have two different totems? example: 1st level version of lion totem then 7th level version of bear totem? Or do you have to stick to one totem?

My plans are to prestige class into frenzy berserker for a few levels to get the insane stacking of rage str and frenzy str. With that said that means i have to pick up the feats : cleave, dest rage, intim rage. Feats I would like is: steadfast determination and mage slayer (to make him not a push over for casters) that doesn't leave a lot of feats.

I was planning on doing two more levels of Brb to get to pick up rage 2/day and uncanny dodge, then going 6 levels fgt, and finishing up in frenzy bsrkr.

Is there anything i missed or can do different to enhance this character? I have gotten alot of good information from this site. You guys are very knowledgeable and helpful thanks for your input.

Greenish
2013-03-21, 09:29 AM
UA totems are class variants. CC totems are ACFs. As long as you have the feature you'd be trading out, you can take the ACF, so for example Lion Totem Barbarian couldn't take the Spirit Lion Totem ACF, because Spirit Lion Totem would replace Fast Movement with Pounce, but Lion Totem Barbarian doesn't have Fast Movement.

Whirling Frenzy is an ACF, like the Spirit Totems from CC, so again, if you have Rage to trade out, you can.

Are those ability scores final? Because you might want to boost Dex and pick up Combat Reflexes to really leverage that reach.

Also, I'd just skip Frenzied Berserker altogether. You probably deal more than enough damage as is, and could use those feats for something else.

maximustyson1
2013-03-21, 09:32 AM
Yes the stats are final. :( The only way to get them up is magic or tomes?

Greenish
2013-03-21, 09:42 AM
Yes the stats are final. :( The only way to get them up is magic or tomes?Well, you get some from leveling up, though you might want to put those somewhere else. There are also Epic feats for picking that stuff up, but that's a very inefficient method even when it's available.

Also, some answers:

I also took combat exp (which only applies to spiked chain) and imp trip. I was allowed to do combat exp because of the extensive back story I wrote about him using chains.There are other feats which may interest you in place of Combat Expertise (which doesn't really fit). Wolf Berserker (Unapproachable East) and Hyena Tribe Hunter (Shining South) both allow character to take Imp. Trip without Combat Expertise. Both are regional feats, so you'd still need an exception from your DM to pick 'em, but they'd probably fit better than the defensive Combat Expertise.

Of course, if you take Wolf Totem Barbarian levels, it's a moot point.

One of my questions is if i use knockback and shock trooper to bull rush mobs into each other and succeed in the trip do I get an attack on each of them coming from improved trip?Ask your DM. Imp. Trip wasn't written with free trip attempts in mind.

If I do are both of them at my highest att in the trip and when I attack the second mob due to imp trip does the attack on second mob count as my second attack or does it fall under first attack?
Attack from Improved Trip is separate from the one that triggered it.

maximustyson1
2013-03-21, 09:54 AM
So if I have two att in a round: My first attack i use knockback and push mob 1 into mob 2 triggering trip attempts. I succeed on both trip; I use my first att on mob 1 and my second att on mob 2 ending my att actions?

Greenish
2013-03-21, 10:04 AM
So if I have two att in a round: My first attack i use knockback and push mob 1 into mob 2 triggering trip attempts. I succeed on both trip; I use my first att on mob 1 and my second att on mob 2 ending my att actions?I'm not sure what you're asking.

So, you have 13 BAB (6 RHD/3 barbarian/4 fighter), and thus three attacks.

You hit the enemy with your first iterative, which triggers Knockback.
The enemy is Bull Rushed to another enemy, which triggers Domino Rush from Shock Trooper.
You trip both enemies. (If your DM ruled that Imp. Trip grants extra attack every time you succeed on a trip, even if you didn't give up an attack to use Trip, you take get a free attack against each.)
You use your second iterative attack (at -5) to whack one of the enemies.
You use your third iterative attack (at -10) to whack one of the enemies.

Gwendol
2013-03-21, 11:25 AM
I suggest you get cleave asap. On that build it will see a lot of use. The other suggestion I have is to use the Dungeoncrasher fighter variant found in Dungeonscape: it trades some of the bonus feats for abilities that synergizes very well with knock-back.