PDA

View Full Version : Factorum Help

Pesimismrocks
2013-03-21, 11:34 AM
I at the end if last session levelled up to level 12. I am an illumian factotum with the following stats:
STR: 13
CON: 14
DEX: 12
INT:19-20(23-24)
WIS: 8
CHA: 13

My sigils are Naen and Uur. I am neutral good. My feats are: Keen intellect, Enhanced Sigils, Mortalbane and Nymphs Kiss
For my next level I see three options:

•Factotum: Only +1 spell per day
•Chameleon: As suggested by my DM
•Cleric: One level of cleric and I could have knowledge devotion to go with my high knowledge scores.

I am the skill monkey and trapfinder of the group. There is a CE wizard, a LG cleric and a CN Ninja. Which of the options(or any other options) would be the best?

Gildedragon
2013-03-21, 11:47 AM
Alignment? Sigils? Usual combat tactics?

Chameleon looks nice (especially since the able learner prereq seems to be waived) though pure factotum isn't bad.
Get kn dev for your level 12 feat.

Nettlekid
2013-03-21, 11:52 AM
If you're being a scout and skillmonkey, I HIGHLY recommend a single level of Mindbender, and since you're at level 12 you can take the awesome feat Mindsight. If you have a mere 4 ranks in your social skills (Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Sense Motive) and are a 5th level Factotum, you qualify. You get 100 ft Telepathy which is great for sneaking ahead and communicating with the party without being heard, and the Mindsight feat lets you automatically know the location, type, and Int score of every creature within the range of your telepathy. Line of sight or effect not needed. It is wonderful for a scout, and my own Factotum skillmonkey uses it often.

If you haven't put enough ranks into your social skills to do that, then I think I'd go with Cleric. A Cloistered Cleric dip can get you three feats: Knowledge Devotion, and two other Devotions (I quite like Trickery and Travel), and since Factotum gives you Turn Undead you can fuel them with more than just the Turns you get for being a Cleric.

I also suggest a Warblade dip, maybe next level. You'll get your Int to Reflex saves, which is nice, but more importantly you'll be a level 7 initiator (next level) which means you get up to level 4 maneuvers. Anything 8/Warblade 1 can grant White Raven Tactics and Iron Heart Surge with a single dip, both of which are wonderful for getting out of a tight spot or helping allies shine.

Pesimismrocks
2013-03-21, 12:02 PM
What books are mind bender and mindsight from? And also why cloistered cleric over normal cleric? It seems better as a caster than a combatant which is my secondary role.

Also which deities would be best for the devotion feats?

Karnith
2013-03-21, 12:06 PM
What books are mind bender and mindsight from? And also why cloistered cleric over normal cleric? It seems better as a caster than a combatant which is my secondary role.
Mindbender is a prestige class in Complete Arcane, and Mindsight is a feat from Lords of Madness.

Gildedragon
2013-03-21, 12:06 PM
@Nettle 1 level in Warblade gives +1 to reflex, not full int, as it adds int to reflex up to Warblade level.

Mind sight does look excellent.

How much use do you get out of mortalbane. I feel that with a wizard and cleric around your fella could focus on utility spell-likes rather than damage-debuff sla's. trading it for kn dev might fit you better.

Also: skill focus (UMD) and a level of expert?

Pesimismrocks
2013-03-21, 12:18 PM
I will see if I can change it if I can. It was a silly choice in retrospect. I will also see if I can get mindbender despite alignment.

Also Do you have to have a domain to get a devotion feat?
Thanks for the help

Gildedragon
2013-03-21, 01:12 PM
Nope. You can get the devotion as a feat, no domain access needed