PDA

View Full Version : Level 12 Marshal 3.5 help

Vec
2013-03-21, 11:52 AM
I've been handed a Lvl 12 Marshal to play in a 3.5 game that was previously a follower of another character. I can not say that I like the class, as I have never played one before.

Str 11, dex 15, con 10, int 14, wis 10, cha 22
80 hp.

What prestige class or other classes if any should I multicast to.

Essence_of_War
2013-03-21, 11:58 AM
Do you need to be a lvl 12 marshal?

Can you use std. Fixes? (Gestalt w/ paladin)
Can you umulticlass w/ say crusader?
What sort of books/sources do you have access to?

Vec
2013-03-21, 12:11 PM
He was a marshal before I was handed him so I don't think I can change that. The crusader is the main class that I was looking at after I gave up on the idea of tactical soldier (for flanking easier)

We have access to all books but no psionics are allowed.

Currently he has the highest hp an ac in the group.

Essence_of_War
2013-03-21, 02:19 PM
So he has to have 12 levels of Marshal?

What does the rest of your group look like?

Talionis
2013-03-21, 02:52 PM
My advice is request the leadership feat. You make a decent cohort, and then primarily play the cohort.

Marshal doesn't have many tricks. Almost everyone considers it an acceptable 1 level dip to get one aura, but being able to switch aura's is overrated.

Vec
2013-03-21, 03:12 PM
The DM said today that I could split his level down to 6 and add 6 levels of something else, I don't know how this will affect him.

He has bluff, tactics, sense motive, deplomacy and intimidate at 20ish.

If it is a good idea would crusader be best for the elf.

Vaz
2013-03-21, 07:24 PM
Could go Factotum 8 and take some Martial Study to get White Raven Tactics to doubly say "sack that noise" to the action economy", which if you can retrain comes online by ECL14

Alternatively, Dragon Shaman 5 with the Invocation. Take say Vigor, and Senses, along with Motivate Dexterity for Cha+2 to everyones Dexterity.

Take Avenging Executioner alongside the above, maximising your Intimidate (Motivate Charisma Aura, Beguiling Influence Invocation,Draconic Presence Aura = (Cha*2)+8 to Intimidate. Intimidate away, and you're capable of scaring enemies easily. Get a wand of Invisibility, Sudden Strike in melee then retreat to 30ft, and stack fear bonuses.

nedz
2013-03-21, 08:18 PM
Why aren't you being allowed to make your own character ?

Marshall is quite a poor class and will be dull to play. It's OK as a cohort but that's about all.

Vec
2013-03-22, 12:38 AM
Why aren't you being allowed to make your own character ?

Marshall is quite a poor class and will be dull to play. It's OK as a cohort but that's about all.

In the middle of a dungeon on some other plane.

Rubik
2013-03-22, 12:55 AM
I'd suggest taking crusader and warblade. Perhaps look into some ToB PrCs, though the base classes look pretty awesome by themselves.

As mentioned, marshal is awful. See if you can gestalt another T4 or lower class with it, and it might just be worth taking more than 1-3 levels in. Maybe. Really, it's an NPC class more than anything. At best.

Matticussama
2013-03-22, 01:00 AM
In the middle of a dungeon on some other plane.

Is the entire campaign going to take place in this area, or just a small portion of the campaign?

If the whole campaign will take place there, then there isn't much I can suggest aside from making the best of the rest of your multiclass levels. If it is only a portion, however, you might want to just roll with the multi-classed Marshall until you escape. Then retire the character and roll up the kind of class that you actually want to play.

Gavinfoxx
2013-03-22, 01:31 AM
Point the GM to the Rebuilding section of the PHB II...

If you want to competently do the same thing, consider a perform oratory and song of the white raven focused bard/crusader...