PDA

View Full Version : Death Devotion

Emparawr
2013-03-21, 07:23 PM
Hello all,

Ive used this site as a resource for quite a long time now but never actually registered but now I have come across a question I can find no answer for, and so I lay it here for all to see in hope of enlightenment.

Very simple question. How does the Death Devotion feat work. I get that its a swift action to activate and it lasts for one minute, just like almost all the devotion feats, and I get that it bestows a negative level if you fail a fortitude save, what I dont understand is the section at the end that says, "You can bestow only one negative level per target for every four character levels you possess (minimum one, maximum five negative levels at 20th level)."

Does this mean that as you go up in level that you can bestow more negative levels per hit or that there is a maximum number of total negative levels that can be bestowed on any given creature through the use of this feat? If its the latter then I think im gonna go back to writing off this feat as crap for my current campaign, but then again if it was the former then I guess it would be op. So I prolly just answered my own question but since I took the time to write this I'll see what all is said anyways. Thanks in advance.

Vaz
2013-03-21, 07:35 PM
1; Trigger Death Devotion as a swift action.
2; Make attacks with Devoted Melee Weapon.
3; For each attack that hits a target, each target hit must take a Fort Save.
4; If this test is failed, said target gains a negative level.
5; If a character takes multiple hits, it takes multiple tests. Regardless of how many tests this character takes, it cannot gain more Negative levels from the use of Death Devotion than you have every 4th HD. Activating the ability several times does not change that effect as it's still the same source. Another character with Death Devotion (Simulacrum, Body Outside Body, Fission, etc) however can stack a further amount on.

If you have some other form outside of Death Devotion of causing Negative levels, however, then they stack.

Emparawr
2013-03-21, 08:09 PM
Ok. So it does work as I thought it did. Good stuff. Thanks for the info :)