PDA

View Full Version : Turning my party into constructs

Miriad
2013-03-22, 09:18 AM
Is there any way besides using Effigy to turn my party members (mostly humans) into constructs? I am a construct artificer myself and if they die I wish to bring them back as constructs instead of reviving them. Problem is the effigy template would remove all their class levels. Any other way to do it?

Miriad
2013-03-22, 09:54 AM
I have the craft construct feat and access to any (Non epic) spell.

Wolfer
2013-03-22, 10:12 AM
I remember there being a half-construct template in some book, but it carried the risk of losing your intelligence score if you didn't make a save.

hamishspence
2013-03-22, 10:15 AM
Rituals might work- they're in Savage Species. Basically, at this scale of change, it's a wish spell, modified somewhat.

Seerow
2013-03-22, 10:18 AM
You could always just make them drone bodies and set up a cyborg implant. As long as they're not casters it should be fine.

togapika
2013-03-22, 12:33 PM
Half Golem template MMII
Though it does indeed have the chance for them to go a little bit insane

JackRose
2013-03-22, 03:44 PM
Murder them and cast Reincarnate (alternating with Restoration as necessary) until they come back as Warforged.

Miriad
2013-03-22, 03:54 PM
Murder them and cast Reincarnate (alternating with Restoration as necessary) until they come back as Warforged.

Warforged is not included in the reincarnation table,.

Xefas
2013-03-22, 04:20 PM
Pay a Cleric to research a new spell and share it with you. One that functions like Reincarnation (or True Resurrection, if you want to get fancy, or some fusion of the two), but always raises them as Warforged instead of their normal race.

If you ask him to throw in a few weird components, like the caster has to have the Craft Construct feat, and raw materials for a material component, and Craft (Something), and it takes an extended period of time, you can probably lower the level that the spell would be otherwise.

(And, yeah, I'm not sure how Clerics invent new spells when they get spells from their deity, but it's in the rules. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/divineSpells.htm#newDivineSpells))

After that, you can just do your Artificer thing and make scrolls/wands/etc of it on the cheap.

JackRose
2013-03-22, 05:00 PM
Warforged is not included in the reincarnation table,.

No, but 'other' is.

This process may take some time.