PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - Players with extra (insert body part here)

gurgleflep
2013-03-22, 12:52 PM
Okay, bit of an odd question... If somebody has extra body parts (multiple heads, more three plus arms, etc.), how would they be played? Would they have arguments with themselves? Would they have two cha/int/wis scores? If something has four arms, could they have two two-handed weapons?

The ettin and the dolgrim are the reasons I'm asking such a question. This whole concept confuses me!

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-03-22, 12:54 PM
Just from reading the title, please, please tell me you meant "Characters" rather than "Players." :smalltongue:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pretty sure there are rules for extra arms; extra heads, I don't think so (maybe more item slots, but certainly not extra int/wis scores), extra legs just factors into the move speed of the base creature.

If they have extras of other body parts, put down the BoEF.

Keneth
2013-03-22, 12:54 PM
Creatures with two heads generally have two distinct personalities. Some even have additional actions per round to account for that.

Additional limbs are covered by the rules (both arms and legs).

gurgleflep
2013-03-22, 01:03 PM
Creatures with two heads generally have two distinct personalities. Some even have additional actions per round to account for that.

Additional limbs are covered by the rules (both arms and legs).

What book would I find said rules in?

Just from reading the title, please, please tell me you meant "Characters" rather than "Players." :smalltongue:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Pretty sure there are rules for extra arms; extra heads, I don't think so (maybe more item slots, but certainly not extra int/wis scores), extra legs just factors into the move speed of the base creature.

If they have extras of other body parts, put down the BoEF.

Yeah, I meant players. I'm just now waking up for the day, so sorry for the lack of brainlyness at the moment. BoEF? I've really got to start writing down these abbreviations.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-03-22, 01:09 PM
What book would I find said rules in?

Yeah, I meant players. I'm just now waking up for the day, so sorry for the lack of brainlyness at the moment. BoEF? I've really got to start writing down these abbreviations.

Book of Erotic Fantasy. Also:

Yeah, I meant players.

Oh dear. Just try not to stare at it, is all I can say. :smalltongue:

gurgleflep
2013-03-22, 01:13 PM
Book of Erotic Fantasy. Also:

Oh dear. Just try not to stare at it, is all I can say. :smalltongue:

I should've expected I'd have to pry that book open one of these days... Not my favorite thing to do. Got any gloves?

I laughed for a good twenty seconds at that comment.

Keneth
2013-03-22, 01:16 PM
Well if a player has multiple heads, I'd just let them make separate characters...

On a more serious note, rules for additional legs are most likely in Monster Manual, but basically it only affects speed and stability. As for rules for additional arms... Expanded Psionics Handbook would be a good place to start since Thri-Kreen have four arms, but I can't say for sure off the top of my head. Some of the rules may be derived without actual explanation in the books (like wielding a two-handed weapon only requires two hands). The official FAQ might also be a place to look.

Truth be told, I haven't played 3.5 in years, so I'm a little rusty in the use of actual books...

Greenish
2013-03-22, 01:41 PM
Okay, bit of an odd question... If somebody has extra body parts (multiple heads, more three plus arms, etc.), how would they be played? Would they have arguments with themselves? Would they have two cha/int/wis scores? If something has four arms, could they have two two-handed weapons? Depends. Depends. No. Yes.

Most of them have their own rules. Ettin gets super-TWF, dolgrims get sort-of-TWF, thri-kreen use standard rules, diopsid get special TWF rules…

[Edit]: By standard rules, I mean that multi-weapon fighting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiweaponFighting) (for example) works just like TWF, except you have more than one off-hand (and thus more than one off-hand attack).

mattie_p
2013-03-22, 01:46 PM
Okay, bit of an odd question... If somebody has extra body parts (multiple heads, more three plus arms, etc.), how would they be played? Would they have arguments with themselves? Would they have two cha/int/wis scores? If something has four arms, could they have two two-handed weapons?

The playground's favorite two-headed race, the Dvati (Dragon Compendium) answer as: No, No, and yes - they have two bodies with one mind.

gurgleflep
2013-03-22, 03:15 PM
Depends. Depends. No. Yes.

Most of them have their own rules. Ettin gets super-TWF, dolgrims get sort-of-TWF, thri-kreen use standard rules, diopsid get special TWF rules…

[Edit]: By standard rules, I mean that multi-weapon fighting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiweaponFighting) (for example) works just like TWF, except you have more than one off-hand (and thus more than one off-hand attack).

Is multi-weapon fighting a feat as well?

The playground's favorite two-headed race, the Dvati (Dragon Compendium) answer as: No, No, and yes - they have two bodies with one mind.

Something tells me that's going to be something from Dragon Magazine that I don't have :smallfrown:

mattie_p
2013-03-22, 03:17 PM
Per the Dragon Magazine Compendium (p 14), Dragon 271, May 2000

Greenish
2013-03-22, 03:19 PM
Is multi-weapon fighting a feat as well?Yes, it's from Monster Manual, and can also be found from the SRD (for example by following the link that you just quoted).

gurgleflep
2013-03-22, 03:20 PM
Yes, it's from Monster Manual, and can also be found from the SRD (for example by following the link that you just quoted).

I feel stupid. I hadn't realized it was a link until you said so. :smallredface:

Venusaur
2013-03-22, 08:35 PM
Check out the Multiheaded Template. (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20020621a) Savage species probably has templates for additional limbs (insectile?)