PDA

View Full Version : Build help Demon Fighter 3.5 gestalt

Fyermind
2013-03-22, 02:22 PM
I want to build a knight style character focussed on fighting demons. Other likely foes will all be evil and mostly chaotic. I can expect binders, sorcerers, urpriests, giants, and blackguards among other foes.

Given the knowledge that the core of my enemies will be demons, and that these are the other main types of foes I will face, I want to be able to capitalize on this. The only requirement I have is to use the Hellreaver prestige class and be lawful good. Important levels are 4-14. Builds should be competent through these levels. It is gestalt and prestige is allowed on both sides.

Rolling was 6x(2d6+6) + 18: for a fantastic 18, 16, 15, 14, 14, 11

There are only two characters involved in this adventure, me, and a stealth based caster, so suggestions should reflect being the only one in melee most of the time.

Greenish
2013-03-22, 02:43 PM
Prestige is allowed on both sides.Are we to take this to mean that you're playing gestalt?

[Edit]: And how do you feel about full casters/ToB/Psionics/Meldshaping/etc.?
[Edit]: Also I no read title. Title too complicated.

Medic!
2013-03-22, 03:35 PM
Off the top of my head I'd suggest filling one side with tasty Crusader. Have you settled on a race yet? I've always been a big fan of the Hellbred...using evil's own nasties against them just has too much flavor to dismiss out-of-hand.

For the other side I'm not 100% sure...Cleric would obviously be beneficial, but a little clashy. Favored Soul may not be a bad choice. I won't claim it's optimized, but the base idea of having full BAB, full save progression in all 3 saves, some free energy resistance, wings, and weapon focus/spec for free in addition to some good buffs or situational spells doesn't sound awful.

Some arguements can be made for some Ranger levels as well. With the favored enemy bonuses (maybe some Planar Ranger variants? I haven't looked very deeply into these), a Hunting weapon and an Enemy Spirit Pouch you could be laying on some pretty serious hurt. It might even be worth considering some of the combination feats for Ranger like Swift Hunter to combine it with Scout...that would leave you with Evasion and Mettle, Favored Enemy, and some Skirmish bonuses to use in conjunction with your strikes from Crusader..."I use War-master's Charge!" *Dump an entire dice bag on the table and let the DM figure out what's still standing*

Just some bad ideas!

Fyermind
2013-03-22, 07:54 PM
Crusader is a great option I think. I am unsure whether I should fill out with Favored Soul, Cleric, Ranger or Paladin. ToM ToB and Psionics are all in.