PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk Artificer with a Wand-Gun.

Elric VIII
2013-03-22, 08:00 PM
I'm playing in a steampunk campaign and I've been working on an Artificer character. Based on the results of my last threads, the concept of a master/creation buffer doesn't really work unless you go for a hoard of things, so my idea of buffing one construct cohort really hard doesn't quite work.

My new plan is a blastificer. However, I want to be a bit creative with it, so instead of wands I will describe him as loading arcane batteries into a specialized gun that shoots forth the offensive spells. It's 100% the same, mechanically (I won't be trying to add enhancements onto the "gun" as if it were a real weapon). But, I would also like to find some things that I may use as upgraded "guns." My first thought is that a Rod of Many Wands as a multi-barrel rifle. The Dual Wand Weilder feat can obviously be used as a dual-wielding gunslinger. Can anyone else add any items or abilities to aid this concept?

I would also like my charcter to be borg-ish. So he's going to start with a few Warforged Grafts (no actual abilities until I "upgrade" them, but they will be part of his appearance). I will use the Mighty Arm and the Heavy Leg, but I would like some sord of artificial eye. Does a construct-like eye graft exist in another Eberron book or Dragon Magazine? Otherwise, is there a graft-like item that functions like an artificial eye without being a graft?

Also, if anyone has played a campaign/character like this I would love any additional suggestions you could add to make him more interesting. Thanks.

Tvtyrant
2013-03-23, 01:15 AM
Wand Bracers could be fluffed as your character simply drawing and sheathing guns quickly from holsters, or put wand chambers in a group of Gnomish Quickrazors and get the Quick Draw feat. It would cost something like a 110 GP per "gun," and you can have as many as you want. Free action drawing and sheathing would make it really easy to get the wand you want. The wands are extremely expensive bullets.

Orbs of Force are probably the closest to actual bullets.

Elric VIII
2013-03-23, 01:29 AM
Wand Bracers could be fluffed as your character simply drawing and sheathing guns quickly from holsters, or put wand chambers in a group of Gnomish Quickrazors and get the Quick Draw feat. It would cost something like a 110 GP per "gun," and you can have as many as you want. Free action drawing and sheathing would make it really easy to get the wand you want. The wands are extremely expensive bullets.

Orbs of Force are probably the closest to actual bullets.

Thank you, I apreciate the answer. The Gnome Quickrazor idea is really cool. I've posted this on another forum hoping for some advice there. But thanks anyway.

Arcanist
2013-03-23, 01:40 AM
My first thought is that a Rod of Many Wands as a multi-barrel rifle. The Dual Wand Weilder feat can obviously be used as a dual-wielding gunslinger. Can anyone else add any items or abilities to aid this concept?

Cannith Wand Wielder would be nice to use for this build. Honestly, most wands can be modified to do what you need to do like using a Wand of True Strike for a Sniper's Snipe. A Rod of Many Wands can also double as a Shotgun as well if properly modified. Applying Metamagics to your Wand also helps to get the hurt on :smallamused

Does a construct-like eye graft exist in another Eberron book or Dragon Magazine?

Chaostech, is a sourcebook published by Monte Cook that might have what you're looking for if you want a full body modification.

dascarletm
2013-03-23, 03:21 AM
I made a character similar to this. Steampunk was the basis of my flavor, but the campaign was just a regular one. I took wandstrike just to have a "pistol whip."

Reckless wand weilder: Power shot.

also, this:
http://dictummortuum.blogspot.com/2012/01/handbook-to-wand-users-and-crafters.html

I love thinking of ways to refluff wands into guns. :smallbiggrin:

Juntao112
2013-03-23, 10:58 AM
Crossbow with a wand chamber...