PDA

View Full Version : disintegration finesse

Venger
2013-03-22, 10:48 PM
so, it says that one can "reduce damage" dealt to a target.

how exactly does that work? am I allowed to just deal any amount of damage less than what I roll?

If I'm rolling, say, 40d6 and maximize it for 240, can I deal any amount of damage from 1-239 to a target?

how does "disintegrating a target's skeleton" work if you're not using the called shots variant rule?

MesiDoomstalker
2013-03-22, 10:56 PM
From looking at the feat, you roll damage, then choose any value up to the value you rolled. Just choose an amount, really it seems its simple as that. On selectively disintegrating parts of a living thing, it only really matters when you reduce the target's HP to 0 and activate the "Turn to dust" ability of Disintegrate. Otherwise it makes no sense. If you fail to reduce the target below 0 you failed to actually disintegrate anything.

Venger
2013-03-22, 11:17 PM
From looking at the feat, you roll damage, then choose any value up to the value you rolled. Just choose an amount, really it seems its simple as that. On selectively disintegrating parts of a living thing, it only really matters when you reduce the target's HP to 0 and activate the "Turn to dust" ability of Disintegrate. Otherwise it makes no sense. If you fail to reduce the target below 0 you failed to actually disintegrate anything.

okay, that's what I thought.

oh, so the skeleton bit is only if you actually kill the target. works for me.