PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider. What's next?

Jeivar
2013-03-23, 11:20 AM
Simple enough: What to you expect and want from the sequels to the 2013 reboot? I loved the game, but finished it wondering how on earth they were going to follow this up.
Here are my thoughts:

*I was surprised by how many of the Endurance crew died. I was expecting them to be Lara's support cast for the new series.
If nothing else, I really want Sam back. She was a likable character, her relationship with Lara was touching and rescuing her was the main emotional drive for the game. Seeing more of her would a nice payoff for all that effort.

*Location: Should they go with a closed circle again, or the traditional globetrotting? Both have merit, but while globetrotting makes for more varied locations, the Die Hard setup makes for more intense storytelling. The new survivor angle would also be spoiled if Lara could just shop for ammo and supplies between locations. While a good sequel isn't just the same thing with a different paint job, I hope they can make a single location as interesting as Yamatai.

*Dual pistols? It was a cool finisher to the game, but I kind of hope they mostly stick to a single pistol. There is a reason no one uses two pistols in real life, and I prefer the grittier "realistic" combat.

*I liked that the supernatural elements were kept to a minimum. You can't have Tomb Raider without mystical artifacts and whatnot, but I hope the sequel doesn't have her fighting an army of ACTUAL oni or something.