PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Character Sheets

Beelzebub1111
2013-03-23, 12:25 PM
So, for a small convention I'm going to by printing out preconstructed characters for a one-shot game. Does anyone have any advice for character sheets that I can fill in on the computer and print out later?

EmperorSarda
2013-03-23, 12:39 PM
Have you used HeroForge before?

MrLemon
2013-03-23, 12:41 PM
A Quick Google search revealed this one:
http://www.theagencystar.com/download_files/Interactive_DnD_3.5_Character_Sheet.pdf
Google links directly to the sheet, so I have no idea who made it unfortunately, or else I would give credit where due.

You won't be able to save the filled form using Adobe Reader, but Foxit reader is supposedly able to

Palanan
2013-03-23, 01:00 PM
I just took a look at the interactive sheet from the previous post. On my system, it displays a whole string of -5 values wherever ability modifiers are listed. This includes the entire column in the Skills section, as well as for stats and saves. Anyone else seeing this?

Beelzebub1111
2013-03-23, 01:09 PM
I don't have Excel to use Hero Forge. I'm just looking that looks nice with blanks that I can type in

@Mr.Lemon I saw that one, but I don't want one with Macros in it (especially ones that fill in parts wrong)

I just took a look at the interactive sheet from the previous post. On my system, it displays a whole string of -5 values wherever ability modifiers are listed. This includes the entire column in the Skills section, as well as for stats and saves. Anyone else seeing this?
It fills in when you fill in the stats. But It also has some technical problems. Like when you fill in the Size modifier.

evil-frosty
2013-03-23, 01:42 PM
The sheets over at myth-weavers are nice. Personally I use them to either store character ideas, and to back up my real life character sheets since I prefer making my sheets by hand.

The Dark Fiddler
2013-03-23, 06:33 PM
The sheets over at myth-weavers are nice. Personally I use them to either store character ideas, and to back up my real life character sheets since I prefer making my sheets by hand.

Whenever I play a PbP or need to share a sheet with somebody online, myth-weavers is my go-to.

Beelzebub1111
2013-03-24, 03:36 AM
Myth-weavers is nice for online, but they can be difficult to read when you print them out.

Amphetryon
2013-03-24, 06:59 AM
Mad Irishman's Character sheets are PDF-ready; if you have Acrobat -not just the reader - you should find them suitable.

The-Mage-King
2013-03-24, 08:38 AM
Normally, I'd suggest these (http://charactersheets.minotaur.cc/), but I'm fairly sure they don't take well to having stuff plugged in in-reader. So, I've got nothing.

Definitely use 'em if you can get away with handwritten stats, though.

HalfQuart
2013-03-24, 10:07 AM
Before I used HeroForge, I used the Singin' Sheet (https://sites.google.com/site/singinsheet/sheet). It's a PDF that has a mechanism for saving the data in a separate file. It hasn't been updated for awhile, but I think it still works fine.

Krobar
2013-03-24, 11:44 AM
I use a modified version of the Mad Irishman's sheets. I have Adobe Acrobat (full version) so I just modify them as I need for each character.

Tvtyrant
2013-03-24, 11:47 AM
I use Excel... Separate pages for different information.