PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Defiance IC

Batpope Scott
2013-03-24, 06:50 AM
STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE
Episode 1
THE TRAITORS GAMBIT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZWF-IlgjM)

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has spread
from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, and everywhere
the Empire’s tyranny can be felt.

Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperor’s minions, agents of
Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above
Brentaal. Known to be a vocal opponent of the Empire,
Organa may be the last hope of freedom in the galaxy.

In the hopes of stopping these dissidents before they can
reach the Senator, the Empire has alerted its forces on
Sel Zonn Station, where the struggle for liberty rages on,
and the first sparks of rebellion have begun to burn. . . .

Seemingly motionless among a sea of starships and satellites above the winkling world of Brentaal, Sel Zonn Station grows larger in your view every second. A central pylon forms the bulk of the station’s mass, and three landing platforms leading to docking bays extend from the central section, equidistant from one another and jutting out into space. The dorsal side of the station features a disc-shaped secondary structure, on top of which blinking lights indicate the presence of a landing platformreserved for wealthy patrons.

You are aboard a shuttle heading into Sel Zonn station. The shuttle docks in the nearest docking bay before you all are ushered out and into the promenade.

The characters should determine whether or not they know one another and I am assuming you all are in the same shuttle heading up the station.

The Promenade is filled with the bustle of revelry and commerce. Spilling out of the gambling halls are the sounds of victory and the moans of defeat, while the music of local bands issues from the cantinas. Only a handful of citizens mill about in the main areas of the Promenade, a few gazing out the massive windows at the planet Brentaal hovering below. Business-people hawk their wares to the passersby, and a few Imperial stormtroopers make their way down the main avenue of the Promenade on their usual patrol at a leisurely pace.

Perception checks from all of you.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-24, 11:29 AM
Sho steps onto the promenade, looking around at the sights. Where to now?. Sho attempts to blend into the crowd as best he can until he makes a decision where to go.

Perception: [roll0]

Grim_Greg
2013-03-24, 01:05 PM
Hul finds himself leaning up against one of the walls in the promenade; a small lit cigarette can be seen smouldering in his right hand. Contemplating on the merchants before him going about their daily business, he thinks to himself, “I f*cking hate this place.” Abruptly he takes one last drag of his cigarette before disregarding negligently upon the floor beneath himself.

Hircine
2013-03-24, 01:44 PM
Entering the promenade, Clegg growls angrily as the stormtroopers pass. For a moment it looks like he is reaching into his cloak for a weapon, but all the nosaurian does is draw his covering closer to his body.

I mustn't act so impulsively. I am a fugitive on an enemy installation, anonymity is paramount to my survival.

Pulling himself from his thoughts, the reptilian man takes a moment to survey his surroundings, looking for anything or anyone that's out of place.

Perception:
[roll0]

Mando Knight
2013-03-24, 03:24 PM
Lyn walks along the promenade, trying to determine the rendezvous point with the agent Senator Organa had sent to meet her.

[roll0]

Warior4356
2013-03-24, 03:35 PM
Maya swears under her breath "****ing imps i want to kill them all" and looks around for the nearest cantina

perception [roll1d20+4]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-24, 10:15 PM
Walking through the very edge of the crowd, the robed figure in the helmet eyed the storm troopers closely. This many people in such proximity made him uneasy, but not as uneasy as the storm troopers. The question of what they would do to him if he was discovered was a question pondered often. He remained on the edge of the crowd, stepping into some minor shadows. From there he watched as they passed.

His years on the run had taught him to be perceptive, and now was yet another time it paid off. He noticed the lizard man's reaction, reaching for a hidden weapon, and he eagerly awaited the coming attack. If the first one dropped, he would assist. But the attack never came and the troopers continued.

Still, it was then that he decided to follow the nosaurian. Perhaps it was just to pass the time, but he had nothing to lose. He currently had no purpose, had no friends, and the empire considered him a traitor at best and a enemy at worst. His enemy's enemy could at least be a ally. He began trailing while doing his best to look inconspicuous.

Taking 10 on perception, giving me a 18
Stealth [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2013-03-25, 11:08 AM
Perception results
Please remember that you do not know anything about what's in the spoilers where your character name is not present.
Maya, Lyn, Hul, Clegg, and Gee
You notice two men that stick out in the crowd who appear to be looking for someone. Despite their average traveler clothes, they are dressed identically. They stand at a northern entrance to the promenade which is about 30 feet(6 squares) away from you.

Gee and Clegg
The two men have poorly concealed hold-out blasters in their jackets.

Clegg
The two men are visibly speaking, though distant enough from each other that they couldn't be talking normally, which suggests a comlink.

Shortly after you get yourselves into the general area a woman with short black hair and the greasy uniform of amechanic comes stumbling onto the promenade, clutching her midsection as though injured. She struggles to make her way across the floor in your direction, though clearly she is having difficulty walking. Please, help me, she calls out to the crowd. There are credits in it for you, just help me! Mere seconds later, two stormtroopers burst into the area from the south entrance to the Promenade. They raise their blasters, aiming them at the woman, and shout through their helmet speakers,

Step away from that woman. She is under arrest in the name of the emperor!

Please roll intiative, everyone, whether or not you are going to partake in saving the woman.

The crowd quickly panics at the sight of the obviously armed troopers brandishing their rifles.

The promenade is 20 feet wide, with crates and kiosks that could be used as cover to the sides. You all are dispersed around the western side of the entrance the troopers came out of, about 30 feet(6 squares) away.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 11:22 AM
Sho draws his blaster and throws his back against the wall, attempting to conceal himself from the stormtroopers. As the woman runs towards his direction, Sho will look around for a direction that appears to be a good direction to grab the girl and flee towards.

Find a good path to flee.

Batpope Scott
2013-03-25, 11:35 AM
Beside the entrances directly opposite each other, one of which has two of the empire's finest in front of it; You could run back to the hangar bay where the shuttle is likely still docked. You do keenly remember the brentaal planetary security force and stormtroopers both being present in that bay when you got here.

Grim_Greg
2013-03-25, 02:16 PM
Hul gives the female a once over, and then scoffs at the woman’s plea for help, “What –REAL- credits could a wench like this own.” With some haste he confidently makes his way towards one of the kiosks. Here he attempts to makes himself unnoticeable, hopefully avoiding any ensuing drama that might spiral out from the woman’s challenge to the stormtroopers.

Stealth: [roll0]

Mando Knight
2013-03-25, 07:07 PM
Lyn realized it's quite possible the woman was her contact and that the Empire had uncovered her activity. She pulls her pistol and fires a shot at one of the troopers.
[roll0]
Move: Draw pistol
Standard: shoot a trooper
[roll1] [roll2]

Warior4356
2013-03-25, 07:30 PM
Maya raises her blaster rifle and sends an automatic barrage at the 2 troopers

initiative:[roll0]
Move: Draw
Standard: fire on auto fire
Attack[roll1]
Damage[roll2]

XianTheCoder
2013-03-25, 09:49 PM
Sho continues to stay hidden watching what happens and waiting for a moment to make his move. He is surprised that several people started firing at the stormtroopers with such little provocation.

Sho is effectively holding action until he sees an opportunity he likes.

Initiative: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-25, 10:28 PM
Already having moved behind some crates as he began following Clegg, the masked figure's attention shifted at the scene played out. He began calculating the situation. Get to kill imperialism for credits?... the outcome calculated as being worth the risk. But chances of success were coming out with low probability.

To his surprise, someone else began firing. Suddenly probability of success seemed fair. Then another joined the fight. With his aid... probability of success increased to 83% if the situation could be resolved in under a minute. That could be done!

Crouching behind the crates, the tip of a carbine rifle emerged from his robes and fired a barrage a energy fire at the two troopers.

[roll0]

[roll1]

Grim_Greg
2013-03-26, 02:57 AM
Hearing the sound of gunfire Hul knew he had made the correct decision. “Fools.. They have no idea how many Imperials occupy this station.” At this thought, a small smirk begins to creak its way across his face as he thinks of the prospect of looting all the dead corpses.

Initiative: [roll0]

Batpope Scott
2013-03-26, 05:05 AM
Problems in the Promenade!

Round 1

Lyn has the benefit of quick reflexes and this time she had the advantage! Her shot flies into the shoulder of the front trooper and he spins to the ground with a crash, his ally having to step over him.

The second trooper does step over him and makes a move for cover before taking a shot at the woman who was asking for aid. A blue pulse from his blaster connects squarely between her shoulders and she falls to the ground without as much as a whimper.

Swiftly punished, the trooper receives the lesser end of a full auto barrage from Maya and it is enough to fell him as he takes a bolt to his chest plate.

Hul decides to leave himself out of the combat and hides away in a kiosk.

Sho is waiting for an opportunity to make his move

Gee would have fired a barrage against the troopers but they had been taken out before he had his chance.

A man in travelers clothes steps out and levels his holdout blaster at Lyn with both hands. Halt in the name of the emperor! His shot flies past her head and scores one of the walls.

Another man dressed exactly like the one who just attacked dives into the cover where the longer living of the two troopers perished and you hear the sound of shuffling around in his utility belt.

Hircine
2013-03-26, 06:48 PM
Taken aback by the quickly escalating situation, Clegg scurries to the nearest position of cover. He's unsure whether the woman pleading for aid is an imperial plant being used to trap sympathizers or an actual victim.

Initiative Roll:
[roll0]

Mando Knight
2013-03-26, 07:56 PM
Lyn starts moving towards the fallen woman, firing a shot at the Imperial agent that had shot at her.
[roll0], [roll1]

Warior4356
2013-03-26, 08:32 PM
Maya after noting our handy work similes, turns, and move towards the one who pulled a blaster on lyn firing at the other as she goes

Autofire

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-27, 12:17 AM
Disappointed that he had been two slow to act against the storm troopers, the masked figure quickly turns his blasts towards the undercover agents.

Swift Action- Change weapon fire back to normal
Standard- Fire at the one attacking Lynn.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

XianTheCoder
2013-03-27, 09:27 AM
Sho will quickly move towards the fallen woman, attempting to conceal his blaster while moving, but still having it drawn in case he needs to fire. If he can get to the woman, he will check to see if she is still alive.

Grim_Greg
2013-03-27, 03:46 PM
Hul scurries his Vulptereen ass over to one of the closest fallen stromtroopers with the full intent of plundering whatever he might be able to get his grubby little hands on. (Top of his priorities would be: Credits, weapons & any electronic goods.)

Warior4356
2013-03-28, 07:25 PM
Well i want one suit of armor

Hircine
2013-03-29, 06:16 AM
Clegg Leafhorn - [Promenade]

Peeking his head out from cover, Clegg surveys the battlefield listening for any signs of reinforcements. "Now's not the time for looting, we need to get that woman to safety before more of the Emperor's lackeys decide to show up!"

Grim_Greg
2013-03-29, 02:22 PM
Energetically foraging through dead stormtrooper’s wares, Hul temporarily raises his head from the looting to see a creature shouting at him that looks alarmingly like the famous pod racer Clegg Holdfast. Hul before returning to corpse hollers back to the reptilian man with clear irritation in voice, “I care not for your damn b*tch!”

Warior4356
2013-03-29, 07:29 PM
I just take the whole body

Batpope Scott
2013-03-30, 05:52 AM
End of the Scuffle in the Promenade

Lyn misses her shot against the agent in the surprise from his attack.

Hul goes to loot a corpse but finds an imperial agent who is very displeased with his actions. The vibrodagger in his hand lashes out to strike and cuts the vulptereen rather deeply.

7 Damage

Maya sprays blaster bolts down at the agent who was attempting to resuscitate the stormtrooper and the unlucky human takes more than enough to knock him out of the game.

Clegg takes his moment to let his potential allies know his thoughts on the next course in what he thinks is the better plan of action.

Sho quickly gets over to the woman and grabs hold of her to check if she is still alive and finds out that she is, in fact, still breathing.

Gee has bad luck with his blaster, missing the agent entirely.

The last agent takes the defeat of his comrade as a good sign to flee, firing his blaster again at Lyn before he moves back into the passage that is left from the side of the promenade you came from.

XianTheCoder
2013-03-30, 08:07 AM
Seeing the agent flee is frustrating to Sho, Quick to draw blasters, but they can't finish the job. Now we have a witness. Hopefully they didn't notice me since I wasn't firing and wasn't a threat. knowing he isn't strong enough to carry the girl himself for very far, Sho looks around at who remains in the promenade, seeing Clegg as the least undesirable he attempts enlist his help. Hey! You! Yeah you, can you give me a hand, we need to get her out of here before that agent comes back with more stormtroopers.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-30, 08:26 AM
The masked figure watches the empire agent flee. A sign that time was short. Keeping a look out for the returning agent, he makes his way toward the woman and the looters. The blaster carbine slipping back under his robes. "Attention looters! The spoils of war go to the victors. Non-participants in the battle found looting will be met with hostile actions"

"As for you, the one looting the armor. Standard trooper armor comes equipped with locator beacons. Taking the set at this time would be most unwise. Fleeing is the only wise course of action." the electronic voice blared from the helmet. Reaching down, he attempts to take a blaster.

Hircine
2013-03-30, 08:50 AM
Believing the coast to be momentarily clear, Clegg leaps out of cover, his eyes darting around madly. Noticing one of the bystanders from the recent skirmish standing by the woman spurs him into action.

Scrambling to the female's side he instinctively checks for a pulse before trying to administer aid.

Treat Injury check:
[roll0]

Mando Knight
2013-03-30, 12:49 PM
Lyn runs over to the woman. "Not here! This place will probably be swarming with troops in a few minutes!"

XianTheCoder
2013-03-30, 02:29 PM
When Clegg comes over Sho sees that he is checking for a pulse he will say, She's alive, my guess is stunned. I need help moving her. To somewhere safe.. As the looting and announcements regarding looting happen Sho will say softly to no one I particular, but loud enough for Clegg to hear, I'm not who's worse, the Empire or these bloodthirsty animals.

Batpope Scott
2013-03-31, 02:32 AM
The woman grumbles slightly, almost coherently. Dat... Pock.. et... safe...

XianTheCoder
2013-03-31, 07:27 AM
The woman grumbles slightly, almost coherently. Dat... Pock.. et... safe...

Not entirely sure what the woman is talking about, Sho begins lifting her up.

I'm assuming that she's got some kind of data in her pocket, but since Sho doesnt want to further promote the appearance of looting, he will wait until later to look.

Batpope Scott
2013-03-31, 09:06 AM
In his haste to treat her injuries, Clegg bumped into something that she may be trying to tell you about. There happens to be a datapad in her pocket.

Clegg
Do you have something to treat her with and if so, what?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-31, 09:28 AM
The masked figure, blaster slung over his shoulder, approaches Sho and Clegg. "Is it safe to move her? The empire will be returning in greater numbers in minutes. Do you require aid in transporting her?"

Mando Knight
2013-03-31, 11:21 AM
Reaching into her utility belt, Lyn pulls out a medpac. "Here, let me. This should help her condition until we can get her somewhere safe."

Taking 10 on the Treat Injury check for 16, enough for the medpac to heal 1+ the woman's character level, and being unconscious she immediately moves up 1 step on the condition track.

Batpope Scott
2013-03-31, 11:26 AM
The woman slowly comes back to consciousness.

Where... what.. what's going on?

She is still badly injured, but is now awake and almost aware.

Mando Knight
2013-03-31, 11:43 AM
Lyn helps her up. "You're still on the Promenade. Come on, we've got to find a hiding place, troopers are probably coming."

Batpope Scott
2013-04-01, 03:04 AM
I.. I can lead you to my room. They don't know where I'm staying yet. We'll.. be safe there.

Hircine
2013-04-01, 07:53 AM
Clegg Leafhorn - [Promenade]

"I believe this is yours.", he says handing over her datapad. "We'd best not linger here any longer, I fear this disturbance has stirred up a hornet's nest."

Clegg begins moving purposefully in search of a turbolift or alternative means of getting off the promenade.

XianTheCoder
2013-04-01, 08:38 AM
I.. I can lead you to my room. They don't know where I'm staying yet. We'll.. be safe there.

Works for me, which direction? Show will help her as she needs it and follow the rest of the time.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-01, 12:36 PM
Having had his questions ignored, the Masked Figure takes a quick glance at the looters before following Sho, Clegg, and the woman.

Batpope Scott
2013-04-02, 07:48 AM
The looter going for valuables off the stormtrooper is going to find that he had very little. He has a utility belt with a medpac, his armor and his blaster carbine.

Warior4356
2013-04-03, 02:49 AM
Maya makes sure the trooper is dead grabs and deqctivates his com link and follows the group

Batpope Scott
2013-04-03, 08:37 AM
He does not appear to have a comlink.

Warior4356
2013-04-03, 09:45 AM
Then i follow the group

Batpope Scott
2013-04-03, 10:06 AM
The woman introduces herself as Mila and leads you down into a less patrolled part of the station as she needs to stop for a bit before continuing on.

She sets herself down on a crate before trying to talk to you.

Thank you all for what you did. I would have been tried for treason had they caught me. If you want to continue doing the right thing, I have a job that is of the utmost importance.

XianTheCoder
2013-04-03, 10:12 AM
His interest piqued, Sho is quick to decide he would like to be involved. Nice to meet you Mila, you can call me Sho. What type of mission?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-03, 02:14 PM
The masked figure keeps himself near the back of the group, trying to remain aware of anyone following them. Upon hearing the woman's words, the electronic voice of his helmet responds "It would appear then that all of us are now candidates for treason according to the empire. Thankfully my existence was already up for termination according to the empire. I agree to help you on your 'job' provided it doesn't prove to be self destruct-ive."

Hircine
2013-04-03, 11:54 PM
Clegg Leafhorn - [Sel Zonn Station]

He listens intently while the human he now knows as Mila addresses the rather ragtag group from the Promenade. When she concludes speaking he studies her for some time looking for any signs of deceit. Once the nosaurian is satisfied she is no threat he moves toward the nearest window, where he stares out into the void of space.

"My decision to help you hinges on one important question. Will it hurt the Empire? If so I'll do everything in my power to carry out your objective. If not I'll simply be on my way."

He turns his head slightly waiting expectantly for an answer.

Batpope Scott
2013-04-04, 10:45 AM
It would be safe to assume the empire won't appreciate what I'm going to have you do. Though that should be fairly obvious considering they tried to kill me.

Mila thinks for a moment before finally saying I am a member of the Alderaanian Security force directly under Senator Bail Organa. This is unfortunately known to the empire and they made a point of letting me know they suspected trouble by trying to have me arrested.

I need you to find Switch in deep storage bay V14. He's a droid and he has a very important package for me that needs to get to Alderaan and more specifically to the Senator.

Hircine
2013-04-04, 11:04 AM

A toothy grin slowly spreads across the nosaurian's face. "That's all I needed to hear, I'm in!", he says with a low cackle.

"Before I get too carried away I need you to answer a few questions about this...job. Is their any chance the empire has gotten wind of this droid and set a trap for whoever goes to retrieve it? Should a memory wipe be preformed on the droid once the transfer is complete? Have you talked to anyone else about this hand off? Finally where should we meet once we have the package?"

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-04, 12:37 PM
The masked figure perks up, having his attention caught by something clegg said. "A more imperative question is, what does this droid look like?"

Batpope Scott
2013-04-05, 02:33 PM
All I know is that he's a protocol droid of some sort and that he'll be in V14.

Mila then goes to answer the large number of questions laid before her, The empire isn't in the know about why I'm here, just that I'm working for Senator Organa, and a trap by them is unlikely. Switch isn't a regular droid that can be pushed around; his guards would tear you to pieces before you could wipe him. The only ones who know about the trade is you all, myself, Switch, and whomever Switch has told. Switch happens to be an information broker so be careful. He may not have stayed true to his word about keeping this a secret.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-06, 02:11 AM
"Will our credits be given after the delivery is made on Alderaan? Because if that is the case, you will be required to make arrangements of transportation off this space station while we obtain the package. I do not contain the credits or papers to make said trip. "

"Is everyone ready to depart to storage bay V14?"

Batpope Scott
2013-04-06, 12:10 PM
Yes, you will be paid when you get to Alderaan and I already have a shuttle prepared to get you and the cargo off this station.

Hircine
2013-04-06, 08:03 PM

Clegg folds his arms, snorting derisively. "Of course I'm ready!"

Mando Knight
2013-04-08, 11:25 AM
"I've got all I need. By the way, I'm Lyn."

Warior4356
2013-04-08, 05:15 PM
Pockets the comlink
"im maya"

Batpope Scott
2013-04-09, 12:50 AM
Maya bids you all farewell as she slinks off to find herself a safe place to stay.

Your objective, Switch's cargo, lies in bay V14 and information terminals are nearby to give direction.

Hircine
2013-04-11, 09:39 AM

Without waiting to see if the others are following, Clegg makes his way to the nearest terminal to ascertain where their destination was.

Batpope Scott
2013-04-11, 07:19 PM
I need a Computer Use roll from you.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-16, 11:17 PM
[roll0]

"Just give me one minute with the computer. I shall have Switch's location in no time."

Batpope Scott
2013-04-18, 08:59 PM
Clegg has luck getting directions, though they're a little fuzzy. If you head off now, there's a good chance of avoiding any troopers who are likely still searching the area around the promenade.

Gee, after trying his luck at the computer, has less luck getting anything more than what Clegg had on screen.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-18, 11:42 PM
Way to let the guys with no computer skills do all the work.

"Good work. Let us leave for V14 before it is too late." The masked figure Gee says, waiting for someone else to leave first. It had not occurred to him to introduce himself.