PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 PrC] Time-lost Gunner [WiP, Peach]

Xuldarinar
2013-03-24, 08:12 AM
The basic theme of the PrC is fairly simple. Gaining the ability to take weapons that wouldn't normally be accessible in a campaign, and making them your focus. This is by no means complete, so i'd like advice. How to finish it, and how to balance it while still keeping to the theme. Thank you.

Time-lost Gunner
Hit Die: d4

Requirements
Skills: Knowledge (History) 4
Feats: Point Blank Shot
Special: Must be able to cast a spell, spell-like ability, act, that influences the flow of time. Must also be able to cast at least one conjuration spell of 2nd level or higher.

Class Skills

Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells per day/Spells Known
1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Time-lost Armory (Renaissance), Conjure Ammunition|-
2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Weapon Focus (Time-lost)|+1 level in existing spellcasting class
3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Spell-charged Shot (Touch)|-
4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Time-Lost Armory (Modern)|+1 level in existing spellcasting class
5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Conjure Ammunition (Explosives)|-
6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Spell-charged Shot (Area of Effect)|+1 level in existing spellcasting class
7th|+5|+2|+5|+5|Time-lost Armory (Futuristic)|-

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Time-lost gunners gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Time-Lost Armory: Having acquired an understanding of the flow of time, a time-lost gunner learns how to reach forward to bring to them a weapon. At 1st level, this means any weapon classified as a renaissance weapon (DMG). At 4th level this extends to modern weapons, and finally at 7th level it extends to futuristic weapons. For information on such weapons, see the dungeon master's guide.
Conjuring a time-lost weapon takes 1 hour, and it only properly functions in the hands of a time-lost gunner. When a time-lost gunner summons a new weapon, their previous one is destroyed.

Conjure Ammunition: In addition to learning how to draw forth weaponry, a time-lost gunner learns how to create ammunition for their weapon. Using this ability uses up a 2nd level spell slot. Using this ability counts as a standard action. At 5th level, a time-lost gunner learns how to summon explosives. Conjuring one of these costs a 3rd level spell slot and also requires a standard action

Weapon Focus (Time-lost): Upon attaining 2nd level, a time-lost gunner gains weapon focus as a bonus feat. This feat counts towards all weapons a time-lost gunner can summon with their Time-lost Armory ability.

Spell-charged Shot: Starting at 3rd level, a time-lost gunner learns how to deliver touch spells through their shots. Delivering a spell-charged shot takes a full-round action. Starting at 6th level, this extends to area of effect spells.

For those of you who lack the statistics, or just don't feel like looking them up. Weapon Stats.

Weapon name|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Damage Type
Renaissance
One-Handed Ranged Weapons
Pistol|1d8|1d10|x3|50ft.|3 lb.|Piercing
Two-Handed Ranged Weapons
Musket|1d10|1d12|x3|150ft.|10 lb.|Piercing
Modern Era Weapons
Pistol, automatic|2d4|2d6|x2|40ft.|3 lb.|Piercing
Revolver|2d6|2d8|x2|30ft.|3 lb.|Piercing
Rifle, hunting|2d8|2d10|x2|80ft.|8 lb|Piercing
Rifle, automatic|2d6|2d8|x2|80ft|8 lb.|Piercing
Shotgun|2d6|2d8|x2|30ft|7 lb.|Piercing
Grenade launcher|*|*|-|70ft|7 lb.|-
Futuristic Weapons
Laser pistol|3d4|3d6|x2|40ft.|2 lb.|-
Antimatter rifle|6d6|6d8|x2|120ft.|10 lb.|-
Flamer|3d4|3d6|-|20 ft.|8 lb.|fire
Laser rifle|3d6|3d8|x2|100ft.|7 lb.|-

Explosive Weapons|Damage|Blast Radius|Range Increment|Weight|Damage Type
Renaissance
Bomb|2d6|5 ft.|10 ft.|1 lb.|Fire
Smoke bomb|Smoke|*|10 ft.|1 lb.|-
Modern
Dynamite|3d6|5 ft.|10 ft.|1 lb.|Bludgeoning
Grenade, fragmentation|4d6|20 ft.|10 ft.|1 lb.|Slashing
Grenade, smoke|Smoke|20 ft.|10 ft.|2 lb.|-

bobthe6th
2013-03-24, 11:39 AM
ok, first of all you need to clarify what kind of an action it is to summon ammo.

Also, I don't see why level 8, 9, or 10 exsit. If you make area of effect add on ranged touch attack, you have all spells it isn't broken to give as a ranged attack.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-24, 12:35 PM
ok, first of all you need to clarify what kind of an action it is to summon ammo.

Also, I don't see why level 8, 9, or 10 exist. If you make area of effect add on ranged touch attack, you have all spells it isn't broken to give as a ranged attack.

I have made the changes. It is now a 7 level PrC, at least until ideas come for levels 8, 9 and 10.

If anyone else has advice, just say so.

DracoDei
2013-03-24, 02:15 PM
I would list a few spells that have control over time...
Haste, Slow, Temporal Stasis, and Time Stop all seem likely, but what about Expeditious Retreat? Even certain fluffings of Cat's Grace could qualify.

Xuldarinar
2013-03-24, 04:01 PM
I would list a few spells that have control over time...
Haste, Slow, Temporal Stasis, and Time Stop all seem likely, but what about Expeditious Retreat? Even certain fluffings of Cat's Grace could qualify.

Hmm.. that is something to consider. I'll compile an appropriate list.