PDA

View Full Version : easy way to find a high level cleric capable of casting ressurection

theinsulabot
2013-03-24, 08:53 AM
check macebook!

Copperdragon
2013-03-24, 12:46 PM
check macebook!

What if only clerics have access to it in the first place?

So you need to find a low level cleric who can access macebook for you and then you need him to filter for high level clerics. Or they could ask Redcloak to filter for them? :smallbiggrin:

theinsulabot
2013-03-24, 01:11 PM
malak describes it as a magical item, so while you probably are supposed to be a cleric to log, on I bet haley could log onto durkon's account because she should have a few in UMD and durkon probably just saves his password. :D

or he does something like "password" that haley could guess.

:roy: what took so long?

:haley: took me a few tries. It was

:durkon: passwer'

karkus
2013-03-24, 03:37 PM
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea sepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea sepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea sepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea sepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleaseplease let this be an actual part of the plotline

Katuko
2013-03-26, 04:41 PM
"Sorry, I used to sorta know this cleric who could use 8th-level spells, but he got sick of all the friend requests from people who wanted him to cast Discern Location to find their missing socks, so he deleted his account."

:smallsigh:

JustWantedToSay
2013-03-26, 04:50 PM
What if only clerics have access to it in the first place?

"Kotor, Paladin of Murduk" 0739 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0739.html)

Though based on the apps on the left, it seems it could be limited to God-serving classes.

JSSheridan
2013-03-27, 10:45 AM
"Kotor, Paladin of Murduk" 0739 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0739.html)

Though based on the apps on the left, it seems it could be limited to God-serving classes.

So Elan, who serves Banjo, will be the one to sign on. Which is fine since he's the likeable guy on the team.

:smalltongue:

Mordae
2013-03-27, 03:25 PM
In retrospect, Malack's avatar picture was a clue...

Scarlet Knight
2013-03-27, 05:03 PM
Belkar is friends with a cleric...you know Blind Pete's former buddy.

Dr.Epic
2013-03-27, 05:14 PM
Gather the Dragon Balls. Just don't use alchemy. They'll come back, but much more creepy.

XanKrieger
2013-03-27, 05:25 PM
Anybody else notice that the first line is someone joining a Macebook group called "Need a Rez". HMMMM RICH. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Turgon9357
2013-03-27, 05:51 PM
Anybody else notice that the first line is someone joining a Macebook group called "Need a Rez". HMMMM RICH. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If you look further down the news feed, the same person previously mentioned that they were "smackin' dragons, yo". Evidently, that didn't turn out so hot.

Also evidently, you can access your macebook account in the afterlife.

Lochar
2013-03-27, 06:07 PM
If you look further down the news feed, the same person previously mentioned that they were "smackin' dragons, yo". Evidently, that didn't turn out so hot.

Yeah, after updating his location I'd assume he changed it to a fairly cloudy location.

Jay R
2013-03-27, 06:17 PM
'No problem. Let's call it up... OK, here you go. There are two clerics on that level currently here in the Empire. Their names are, let's see - "Malack" and "Durkon".'

Terrador
2013-03-27, 06:36 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0739.html
Not related to the Resurrection, but something that I only just noticed about the Macebook feed: there's a bit that says "k blood" at the end of one of the blocked lines.

Also, the existence of a High Priest of Tiamat, a god that doesn't particularly care about world politics. Possible out, assuming that Macebook is canonical?

uncool
2013-03-27, 06:44 PM

If you look a little higher, you'll also see this: "Nyr-Atul, Priest of Tiamat has updated his location" in between Kotor's updates. Tiamat, of course, being a deity of dragons.
=Uncool-

Douglas
2013-03-27, 07:38 PM
Quite the contrary. It turned out too hot.:smalltongue:

TRH
2013-03-27, 08:02 PM
Quite the contrary. It turned out too hot.:smalltongue:

Not if it was a white dragon. :smalltongue:

Procyonpi
2013-03-28, 12:21 AM
If you look a little higher, you'll also see this: "Nyr-Atul, Priest of Tiamat has updated his location" in between Kotor's updates. Tiamat, of course, being a deity of dragons.
=Uncool-

Immediately after Kotor, Paladin of Marduk updated HIS location on Macebook. His excessive use of Macebook lead directly to him getting killed.

Raineh Daze
2013-03-28, 04:03 AM
And this is why you never tell people you don't know well exactly what you'll be doing.

EmperorSarda
2013-03-28, 03:20 PM
Just persuade Malack to release Durkon as his thrall and Durkon will be going back to the Order.

symirel
2013-03-28, 03:52 PM
I'm thinking Macebook was a one-off joke and not likely to be a plot point.

Imagine if there was a plot point based on Friendster or Myspace. That kind of thing doesn't age well.

Jay R
2013-03-28, 11:40 PM
In defense of the OP's point, there is a group on Macebook called "Need a Rez".

DeltaEmil
2013-03-29, 12:51 AM
Suck and Ye Shall Find

Clever.

JCAll
2013-03-29, 12:55 AM
=Uncool-

Immediately after Kotor, Paladin of Marduk updated HIS location on Macebook. His excessive use of Macebook lead directly to him getting killed.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0273.html
Tiamat and Marduk are both gods of the same pantheon, perhaps the two are partners. Or perhaps they WERE partners until killing dragons got in the way.

I now imagine a star crossed friendship. That tortured internal conflict, forced to shose between your best friend and your god. Or maybe one was just Evil, I dunno.

Lvl45DM!
2013-03-29, 03:57 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0273.html
Tiamat and Marduk are both gods of the same pantheon, perhaps the two are partners. Or perhaps they WERE partners until killing dragons got in the way.

I now imagine a star crossed friendship. That tortured internal conflict, forced to shose between your best friend and your god. Or maybe one was just Evil, I dunno.

Marduk and Tiamat are enemies in the original Babylonian myths. In fact if i recall correctly Marduk ripped Tiamat in two to make the heavens and the earth.

Kazul
2013-03-29, 06:39 AM

Actually, it doesn't seem to work that way in the South. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0737.html)

martianmister
2013-03-29, 03:25 PM
Actually, it doesn't seem to work that way in the South. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0737.html)

Which "south"?

theinsulabot
2013-03-29, 11:30 PM
I'm thinking Macebook was a one-off joke and not likely to be a plot point.

Imagine if there was a plot point based on Friendster or Myspace. That kind of thing doesn't age well.

That's what everyone thought about the belt of gender changing!

Quakes
2013-04-09, 06:13 PM
Just persuade Malack to release Durkon as his thrall and Durkon will be going back to the Order.

Plus, Durkon's ECL should be higher than Malack's now. He effectively gained 8 levels, or maybe 7 if he loses one from dying, not quite sure how that would work, I could see it going either way.

On the other hand, Haley can raise him with a scroll, and a roll of 30 and 29 on UMD checks.