PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 miniatures handbook healer class

Reprimand
2013-03-24, 02:21 PM
Trying to make a good healer using this class, I know the cleric is the best healer in the game but I like the flavor of the healer class from the miniatures handbook and was wondering what some good feats or priority skills to raise might be.

The only sources I can use for feats and such are the complete books, phb 1 & 2 and book of exalted deeds.

Magic items suggestions would also be nice. MIC is allowed.

Also would close wounds be a 2nd level spell for this class since they reprinted it in Spell Compendium?

gorfnab
2013-03-24, 02:47 PM
Healer Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6849)

Snowbluff
2013-03-24, 03:02 PM
Protip: Charisma is secretly a dump stat.

I would suggest picking up the Healing Hands reserve feat so you have healing to give to the injured without wasting spell slots. Also, have a way to deal damage so you can do something when not healing.

Overall, I would point out that healer's weakness is its lack compatibility with divine casting material. Lacking Turn Undead hurts pretty bad.

Aotrs Commander
2013-03-24, 05:33 PM
I always figure the best way to optimise the healer was to creatively mis-spell one of the class features so you get a Unicron companion...

sleepyphoenixx
2013-03-24, 06:22 PM
Find ways to expand your spell list. Prestige Classes that add domains, Sanctified spells from BoED, SpC.

Don't invest resources into healing (you get that automatically).
Invest in other options instead that help you when there is no healing needed.

That's basically all there is to it. You won't be a god wizard, but for regular gameplay it's effective enough and certainly playable.

nedz
2013-03-24, 09:10 PM
Doing anything with the Healer is going to be hard, but perusing Complete Mage I have stumbled upon a few ideas.

Most of your spells are Conjuration healing, so you could take the feat Cloudy Conjuration and create mini-stinking clouds every time you heal someone. Whoever said in combat healing didn't work ?

Several of your spells are Abjurations, so you could take the Magic Disruption [Reserve] feat. This would allow you to disrupt other sell casters as an immediate action, pretty much at will. You could also take the Mystic Backlash [Reserve] feat, which is similar. The spells we are looking at here are Remove curse — Level 3, Freedom of Movement — Level 4, Atonement — Level 5, Break Enchantment — Level 5, ...

Since Death ward is a 4th level Necromantic spell, you could take the Sickening Grasp [Reserve] feat, now this really is healer gone wrong. Touch attack to be nauseated for at least one round.

Whilst there are a few further options with Divinations, these really aren't very impressive, so I'll just move along past these.