PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition

Thrawn4
2013-03-24, 02:53 PM
So, has anyone purchased it? What is it like?
Does it only contain rules and tables or also the necessary lore and flavour texts? Is it like the revised rulebook with more rule options?

Asmodai
2013-03-24, 05:09 PM
It's like the Revised rulebook crammed with way more Bloodlines, Disciplines and general fluff. It's a vastly superior product and a fine compendium of the Vampire material.

comicshorse
2013-03-25, 08:09 AM
Our ST uses it and it does indeed seem to have pretty much everything you need ( Clans, Disciplines, Bloodlines, fluff) all in one book. It has changed the rules which he seems mainly happy with apart from Celerity which he claims is horrible and uses the old rules.

Asmodai
2013-03-25, 09:29 AM
Our ST uses it and it does indeed seem to have pretty much everything you need ( Clans, Disciplines, Bloodlines, fluff) all in one book. It has changed the rules which he seems mainly happy with apart from Celerity which he claims is horrible and uses the old rules.

Wait. The ST claims the new version is horrible!? I'd have expected that from players, but the new version is pretty damn sane. Old Celerity was beyond overpowered. (For reference, the old celerity gives you 1-10 actions for one blood point, the new celerity gives you 1 action per blood point)

Driderman
2013-03-25, 09:41 AM
Wait. The ST claims the new version is horrible!? I'd have expected that from players, but the new version is pretty damn sane. Old Celerity was beyond overpowered. (For reference, the old celerity gives you 1-10 actions for one blood point, the new celerity gives you 1 action per blood point)

Actually, my gaming group has debated whether the wording is actually intended as 1 action per blood or 1 just one blood, period, for V20 Celerity as the wording is unclear. I'd also say that the "add level of Celerity to ALL dex-based tasks if you're not using Celerity for additional actions" is insanely powerful.

Other than that, V20 is nice "errata" of the Vampire revised rules, but nothing more than that.

comicshorse
2013-03-25, 05:35 PM
Actually, my gaming group has debated whether the wording is actually intended as 1 action per blood or 1 just one blood, period, for V20 Celerity as the wording is unclear. I'd also say that the "add level of Celerity to ALL dex-based tasks if you're not using Celerity for additional actions" is insanely powerful.

Yeah I asked, that's the bit he objects to

Asmodai
2013-03-25, 07:09 PM

Other than that, V20 is nice "errata" of the Vampire revised rules, but nothing more than that.

As someone who was there for the Open Dev, I can vouch that you're misreading it. It's one blood per action up to Celerity Rating.

V20 is quite a bit superior if you don't have a very extensive backstock of old books, and allows for quite a bit of goodness outside the standard book.

Yeah I asked, that's the bit he objects to

Even with the change in Multiple Action rules? Interesting.