PDA

View Full Version : YuGiOh D&D

killroy726
2013-03-24, 05:09 PM
Hello Ive created a halfway done "Duelist" class for my next upcoming D&D campaign although there are still a couple issues I need to hammer out of this class I am modifying many of the D&D aspects to fit this campaign like health, and cross classing, Any help would be greatly appreciated Im just looking for feedback and possible ideas to further this crazy notion. Below is what I have so far I would also like help on the DM side of things because it is most likely that I will DM and I have a very slim idea of what im doing Xp

Class: Duelist

The duelist has the ability to wield mighty monsters sealed away in cards. They use these monsters to duel other Duelists in order to become stronger and achieve the title of #1 in the world.

Duelists can be any alignment and can get along with other duelists depending on their alignment and are easy to get along with others.
When the player chooses the Duelist class he or she can cross class with any other class but only receives non combat bonus when taking a level in the other class, this includes feats as well.

A beginning duelist (lv0) starts with 4,000 life points (HP), a deck size limit of 40 cards, and can only have one deck in his or her possession unless otherwise obtained with the experienced duelist Feat.

Each Level the Duelist gains 200 life points to his or her total, and can add an additional 2 cards in thier deck meaning at lvl 20 they should have 8000 life points and a deck size limit of 80.

And yes I know I statred at lvl 0 its because the math works out better that way and Im most likely to start the campaign out at lvl 5 anyway.

Feats:
These feats can only be learned by the Duelist class

Experienced Duelist:
The Duelist has learned through countless matches that sometimes it pays to have more than one deck. This extra deck can prove to be beneficial in times of need and when he finds himself being overwhelmed by his opponents.
This feat allows the Duelist to have 1 more deck in his arsenal. This feat can be taken more than once and stacks with previous Experienced Duelist feats.

Unconventional Duelist:
While the conventional duelist tends not to use his “extra deck” slot in his game the unconventional duelist leans on it heavily and is a crucial part of his strategy.
This feat allows the duelist to use the “Extra deck” slot in battle this can only be used for fusion monsters.

Unconventional Duelist II:
Prerequisites: Unconventional Duelist
The duelist has discovered more ways to use his “Extra Deck” slot to greater effect.
This feat allows the duelist to add Synchro or Xzy’s monsters to his “Extra Deck”. The Duelist must choose only one option.

Unconventional Duelist III:
Prerequisites: Unconventional Duelist II
The duelist has fully utilized his “Extra Deck” slot and has completely mastered this part of his strategy.
This feat allows the Duelist to include the remaining type of monster in his or her “Extra Deck” slot be it either Synchro or Xzy’s monsters.

Team Player:
Prerequisites: Duelist 5th lvl or higher
The Duelist has learned that teamwork is invaluable in the heat of battle.
The duelist can now lend his or her monsters to their teammate in order to meet any costs of spells, this includes Special summon, Normal summon, and Fusion summon. (for all other requirements see DM)

Team Player II:
Prerequisites: Duelist 7th lvl or Higher, Team Player II
Furthering the duelist trust in his companions, the duelist is ready to help his comrades at any moment.
The Duelist can now lend his Monsters to be controlled by his teammate.

Master Caster
Prerequisites: Duelist lvl 15, Heart of the cards
The duelist has found a way to channel his emotional energy and empathy to his combat role and his card playing reflects that empathy.
The effects of Spell and Trap cards are now increased by a factor of ½ of the original amount. Ex (Dian Keto the cure master now Heals for 1500 and cards like ookazi deals 1200 damage all other effects should be consulted by DM)

Heart of the Cards
An ancient belief that dates back to ancient times not many still believe most attribute it to luck or superstition.
This feat is a spell like ability; this ability can only be used once per day. While in combat the player may roll 1 D20 + the duelist Cha Modifier if the resulting roll is an 18 or higher The duelist can draw 6 cards then roll a D6 the resulting die roll allows the Duelist to “draw” that card (the rest of the cards are then put back in the deck and the deck is then shuffled). Upon a result of a “natural 20” consult DM.

Heart of the Cards II
Prerequisites: Heart of the Cards, Duelist lvl 12
Replace effect of resulting roll 18 or higher with 15 or higher

Monster Rider:
This feat allows the duelist to call upon one of His or Her monsters in order use this monster as a mount with increased movement. This monster is also considered “on the field” at the start of combat if the monster is used as a mount. The selected monster cannot be above lvl 4. All enhancement of movement speed is up to the DM.

Monster Rider II:
Prerequisite: Monster Rider
This feat increases the lvl limit of monster rider from lvl 4 to lvl 7.
Monster Tamer:
This feat allows the duelist to capture Wandering Monsters by defeating them and Binding them to cards. In order to use this feat the Duelist must first defeat a Wandering Monster and then must use a blank card to bind that monster.

Cards and prices
Cards are purchased and sometimes used like the Scrolls of Mages

(note still working on appropriate prices for cards) rarity, effectiveness, and power will determine price.

Spell and trap cards are used like wizard scrolls

Casuto
2017-02-09, 10:14 AM
I know this is a bit late (nearly 3 years...) but I only recently saw this class and wondered a couple of things, and a few questions I have to ask:

How would you convert Yugioh life points to D&D HP if necessary (and vice versa)?
What edition of D&D was this meant for?
What saving throws is this class proficient in?
Would it be better to use player made YGO decks or decks made by the GM?

If I have any more questions I'll ask.