PDA

View Full Version : Character Optimization

Thomastwobit
2013-03-24, 10:08 PM
I am in a group with my friends and one character is super strong. She has played longer so she is stronger but the dm also buffed her a bit. The strength in our group varies so some of us are going to try and function as a team. Ive figured some stuff out but i have a few questions

#1) Is there an artifact that allows me to protect others easier?

#2) Any team combat or skill check actions that you notice people aren't aware of or use often (example: flanking parrying etc)?

#3) Anything else you would tell fairly new players? ( we know how to play fairly well, we can level ourselves and we do tend to think outside the box with certain things)

The people in our group I've talked to about this are a samurai, barbarian, dragonfire adept, and me ( a multiclass divine character) The people in my party are mostly those classes but they have most of their levels in the class i listed

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-24, 10:10 PM
Have you checked out the PHB2? There's a section called Teamwork Benefits that sounds right up your alley.

Thomastwobit
2013-03-24, 10:15 PM
ah thanks i really havent looked at that book. Its 3.5 right?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-24, 10:17 PM
Well, there's also a 4e PHB2, but the one that I'm referring to is the 3.5e one.

Thomastwobit
2013-03-25, 02:49 PM
Any other ideas? The phb2 book was helpful.

Phaederkiel
2013-03-25, 04:25 PM
do not be afraid to use aid another. When you can do nothing alone, it IS worth to throw actions to get anything done.

And look at the skill tricks ( which you can google ), there are some which are quite good. For example there is never outnumbered, which could be a blessing to the samurai.