PDA

View Full Version : Trickster Cleric

Draig
2013-03-25, 12:32 AM
A player in my group has expressed his desire to play a Cleric with the trickery domain. My question is are there any magic items, feats, ideas that would help make a good trickster cleric? Id prefer if they stayed core but i will take anything really.

Norin
2013-03-25, 02:55 AM
What setting? Race? etc?

If Forgotten Realms, look up the following gods:

Human: Tymora, Mask
Gnome: Baravar Cloakshadow - Look up Initiate of Baravar Cloakshadow feat.
Halfling: Brandobaris
Elf: Erevan Ilesere

Also check out the different domains associated with these gods. Luck, Trickery, etc.

PrC's: Divine seeker, Divine Prankster (gnome).

Also look at Cloistered cleric. More skillpoints and 3 domains including Knowledge.

Now that's a start at least. Have you got more info on what type of char this player wants to run?

Edenbeast
2013-03-25, 08:49 AM
Tymora doesn't have trickery as domain. And it's not that strick with race/deity. Tymora has many halfling followers for example.
As for the question of items and feats:
Depending on what sort of trickery he's aiming at, maybe an armor with shadow or silent moves enhancement (from DMG) for being stealthy. Or something that adds to his charisma.
For feats, basically he's still a spellcaster, so anything like extend spell or heigthen spell. If he has 13 for intelligence, he can go for combat expertise and then improved feint, which quite fits the trickster theme. Feint and then deliver an easy debuff..

gorfnab
2013-03-25, 12:51 PM
Rogue 3/ Cloistered Cleric 3/ Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9623145#post9623145) 10/ Divine Oracle 4

8wGremlin
2013-03-25, 02:34 PM
Can you worship the kobold god Kurtulmak?
he would give you both Kobold and trickery, which results in:

Add Bluff, Disguise, and Hide to your list of Cleric class skills.

Add Disable Device and Search to your list of Cleric class skills.
You can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20. You can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. A Cleric with the Kobold domain who beats a trap's DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap, figure out how it works, and bypass it (with their party) without disarming it.