PDA

View Full Version : Druid PrC

wolf0013
2013-03-25, 09:23 AM
First of yes i know that you dont need to take a PrC when you have a druid, it a druid. But that being said the campain i am in isnt about max it out it about having fun, which i like for a chance.

Now what i am looking for is some that is good for wildshape, and then animal compaion. spellcasting is not so imported.

Also any feats that helps a animal compaion is also good

Vaz
2013-03-25, 09:28 AM
Druid 5/Planar Shepherd 10/Druid 5

Waker
2013-03-25, 09:34 AM
The only prcs that I can think of that progresses wildshape and animal companion are Planar Shepherd (Faith of Eberron) and Arcane Hierophant (Races of the Wild), though the second is also a theurge class.
Classes that progress wildshape are Master of Many Forms (CAdv) and Moonspeaker (Races of Eberron). Beastmaster from CAdv is the only one that springs to mind concerning the advancement of your animal companion.

Greenish
2013-03-25, 09:45 AM
Wild Shape and Animal Companion advancement, huh. Lets see…

Lion of Talisid (BoED) loses two levels of Wildshaping, but gets Exalted Companion for free, as well as Scent & Pounce in any form.

Planar Shepherd (FoE) gets full advancement of Wild Shape and Animal Companion, but is also rather broken (Wildshape into Outsider, gain all Ex, SU, and SLA abilities broken).

Uh, can't think of anything else. Though, Natural Bond (CAdv.) is basically Practiced Spellcaster for Animal Companion.

ArcturusV
2013-03-25, 09:55 AM
Well, because I mentioned it elsewhere, the Shapeshifter PrC advances your Wildshaping quite a bit, and your spellcasting poorly 5/10. But does nothing for animal companions. Still since you get 3/day Wildshape on level 1, it might be worth a dip to get +3 to your Wildshaping if you are the sort who likes to shift to the optimal form a lot, instead of just spending as much time as possible in whatever form you find optimal.

wolf0013
2013-03-26, 05:52 AM
as i said spell casting is not imported. what is most imported is woædsjape

Any sup par PrC is fine, as in this game fun is the number one as i am the one with the most experince in the game

sleepyphoenixx
2013-03-26, 06:06 AM
There aren't all that many PrCs that advance Wild shape. Of those that do, almost none advance your AC.
There is of course MoMF. I've always felt that you don't really get anything out of that with Enhance Wild shape and the various type-adding feats available.

Warshaper is nice for shapeshifters but doesn't advance Wild shape HD, AC or spellcasting. It's still okay for a dip but not really that much of an upgrade.

Lion of Talisid adds some nice stuff but costs a feat and requires you to be exalted.

Planar Shepherd is just.. Planar Shepherd. I've never had one actually played in any game i was in. They simply add to much power to what is arguably already the (second)most powerful class in the game so it's rare to find a table where that is appropiate.

Anything else i can think of are Cleric Prc's that don't advance anything but spellcasting.

Gotterdammerung
2013-03-26, 06:33 AM
Moonspeaker
Master of Many Fromage
Nature's Warrior
Abolisher
Shapeshifter
Uncanny Trickster
Legacy Champion
Planar Shepherd
Warshaper

Off the top of my head. There are probably quite a few stragglers left.

sonofzeal
2013-03-26, 07:50 AM
Since your purpose is "fun", I'd go with Arcane Heirophant. They get some Wizard casting to play with, bundle Familiar benefits into their Animal Companion, and pick up a nice array of special little gimmicks that aren't necessarily powerful, but ARE fun!

Garagos
2013-03-26, 07:58 AM
Lion of Talisid (BoED) loses two levels of Wildshaping, but gets Exalted Companion for free, as well as Scent & Pounce in any form.

I'm currently playing one of these in a friend's campaign and its been a lot of fun. Exalted Companion for free is nice, as is Pounce and Scent as he mentioned above. You also gain fear immunity from the class which is nice if you fight a lot of dragons or anything else with a similar aura. If you're really interested in making your animal companion better, I'd recommend picking up Companion Spellbond feat (not sure what book its in, AFB right now). You and your companion can share spells as long as you're within 30ft. of each other instead of just 5ft.

wolf0013
2013-03-30, 12:21 AM
I was thinking going for nature warrior.

And i am limited to core only spells, so anyone got any good ideas to what spell that are good to have. and which spells i can use to make Money with them?

Phelix-Mu
2013-03-30, 12:27 AM
I'm currently playing one of these in a friend's campaign and its been a lot of fun. Exalted Companion for free is nice, as is Pounce and Scent as he mentioned above. You also gain fear immunity from the class which is nice if you fight a lot of dragons or anything else with a similar aura. If you're really interested in making your animal companion better, I'd recommend picking up Companion Spellbond feat (not sure what book its in, AFB right now). You and your companion can share spells as long as you're within 30ft. of each other instead of just 5ft.

Companion Spellbond is from PHB2.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-03-30, 01:33 AM
Wild Shape Ranger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#ranger) 5/ Master of Many Forms 7/ Warshaper 4/ Nature's Warrior 1/ MoMF +3
Two flaws: Bestial Instinct (-2 to hit unless using natural weapons or unarmed strikes), Individualist (-2 to hit with weapons you didn't make yourself, additional one armor check penalty with armor you didn't make yourself).
Feats: Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a), Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Power Attack, Multiattack, Leap Attack, Frozen Wild Shape, Robilar's Gambit, Improved Multiattack, Defensive Sweep.
Use your Ranger casting to prepare nothing but Rhino's Rush (1st level, swift action, next charge attack deals double damage), and get a bunch of 1st level Pearls of Power to recover them between fights.

Psyren
2013-03-30, 01:49 AM
Sentinel of Bear-Eye from BoED lets you become a bear while summoning a cavalry of bears so your party can ride on bears. 10/10 casting