PDA

View Full Version : Any alchemic AC boosts out there? What about attack bonuses?

qwertyu63
2013-03-25, 12:43 PM
Title says it all. I have a character who likes collecting alchemic items for every purpose. So are there any alchemic items for boosting your AC or your attack bonus?

Urpriest
2013-03-25, 01:55 PM
I'd check Shax's Haversack. That said, Alchemy in D&D doesn't really work that way, thematically speaking. While Alchemy in other games covers potions and medicines and the like, in D&D it mostly just stands in for minor conveniences that wouldn't otherwise make sense at medieval technology levels, like sunrods or smokesticks, with the occasional grenadelike weapon thrown in.

SilverLeaf167
2013-03-26, 02:22 AM
I can't find anything with the sort of bonus you're asking for, but you should still take a look at Complete Adventurer. It has a whole bunch of alchemical items that give you (unfortunately extremely tiny) bonuses to different skill checks. Not very powerful, but pretty flavorful for your character.

magwaaf
2013-03-26, 09:15 AM
shield of faith potions are a deflection bonus

Piggy Knowles
2013-03-26, 09:41 AM
Check out the bloodspikes from Magic of Eberron. I know there's one that provides a tiny amount of DR, and another that gives you a bonus move. Might be some that boost attack or AC as well.

Paul H
2013-03-30, 08:58 PM
Hi

In Pathfinder there is a class called Alchemist, who brews potions instead of casting spells. It has many of the 'spells' from the Wizard list plus some others.

There is a 'Discovery' that even lets you share your 'potions' to other players.

Alchemists are in the Pathfinder Adv Players Guide Pg 26 onwards,
Have D8 HP
Int based
4 skill pts/lvl
Good Fort/Refex Saves
Create/throw bombs

I can cut'n paste their entire spell/potion list if needed.
(Includes Shield, Cure Lt Wnds, True Strike, Aid, Alter Self, Barkskin, Invis plus stat increasing spells & looooooads more) :smallbiggrin:

Thanks
Paul H
Edit: Just checked - the potions act as magical potions of the spells listed, but the Mutagen grants an alchemical bonus/penalty to stats & bonus to Nat AC